Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default Crafters Incorporated Nov/Dec

Morning Ladies...Here is our new home for the next couple of months. I'll be back later to post. Have a good day.

Cheryl

Last edited by Cheryl120; 11-01-2006 at 07:52 PM. Reason: delete message
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #2  

Hi Gang...Had my weigh-in on Wednesdsay and I stayed the same. OK with me, better than a gain any day. Stayed pretty busy today sewing, I'm working on a set of placemats. Tomorrow I'm going to town and spend some time in a fabric store while the FD goes shopping in the mall. Trying to find a sweatshirt pattern, but haven't as yet. Maybe tomorrow I will. Check back tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #3  

I'm working hard on knitting projects. I have all but one sleeve of my grandson's one sweater knitted and have started a second one for him. I had some yarn that was messed up and took it back to Michael's and exchanged it then contacted the company that makes the yarn and told them about it and instead of sending me one skein, they sent me FOUR! I didn't expect them to send any, I just wanted them to know a certain die lot seems to have unraveled yarn. Now I have 5 skeins and nothing to do with it so thought I would make grandson another sweater for Christmas.

I think we may be buying Thomas a violin for Christmas. He is starting lessons in January is already taking piano lessons and his teacher says he is a natural and about 5 months ahead of where she thought he would be. He played for us Halloween night and it wasn't mary had a little lamb, it was a simple classical piece. He has only been taking lessons 6 weeks! It was one handed of course, but I knew what it was.

I had to go to the commissary and fight those crowds today and it was baaaaaaaddddd! I thought it wouldn't be since it wasn't a military payday or SS check day, but wow was it crowded. I hit it lucky and got into the line just at the right time. For those of you who have never experienced a military grocery store, you don't stand in line at the individual registers, you stand in line in one long line then are either directed by a person to the next register or in our commissarie's case you have a digital read out that says "next customer please" and tells you what lane to go into. When I rounded the corner into the frozen foods, which is the 3rd row from the end of store, the line was about 20 people long, but by the time I was finished shopping and had sorted my coupons and got into line, there was only one couple in front of me. I then had to drive it home, help lug it in and put it all away.

Jack has an appt with an allergist on November 16th, two days before our anniversary. They have GOT to find out what this swelling is all about.

Well, we have started getting the bills for his surgery. We owe $1000 for his anesthesia alone and that is after our insurance has paid their part. Luckily his catherization, which was $23,000 is only costing us $30. I told him he was a walking medical museum. We still haven't gotten the hospital surgical stuff, the stuff from the surgeon, etc. God help me, I hope they pay most of it! We are just getting back on our feet financially and it is holiday time to boot!

Well, I need to go and work on the sweater a bit more.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies...We had another wonderful weekend with temps in the 60's. It sure felt wonderful to be 42 degrees warmer than we were this past week. We are to be in the 50-60 range all week. Yeah!!!! Going out for a nice walk this afternoon, it will probably be the last walk this year, since we are suppose to have snow and cold temps again next week.
Saturday I took the FD and her friend to the big city to go shopping at the mall. It's not my cup of tea, so I went to a couple fabric shops, and bought fabric for some christmas projects. Found a really cute flannel with bright colored turtles on it. I'm making pj's for my son's children. Already have one pj bottom done and I will finish the other two this morning. Also bought some really cute sushi print fabric to make a couple aprons. Going to give one to my Mom and one to my sister.
Faye...You talking about the long line at the commissary almost gave me a panic attack! I don't miss shopping at the commissary one bit, and I hated having to stand in line to wait to check out!
Sure was nice of the company to send you yarn. Your grandson is going to have some really cute sweaters to wear. Hope your insurance picks up most of Jack's bills. We just got out of debt except for our house and I'm pretty tight with the money.
How's the South Beach diet going for you? I'm plugging away with mine and hope to be back at ticker weight this week.
Well I'm going to do one more post and then I'm off to sew. Have a good day.

Cheryl
Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I only have about a foot of that blasted afghan left to fringe! What a teious job! My Mom was here yesterday so I made myself sit with her at the table drinking coffee and fringing. If someone would drop by for coffee today, I might get it finished
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #6  

Evening Gang...Hope you all had a good day. It was another mild day with temps in the 60's. I so love it, but know it won't last for very much longer. Was busy sewing on the PJ's this morning and I also cut out the top's. I have to take my sewing machine back to the repair shop on Thursday, it started making a clicking noise when the needle is in the left position, but doesn't when in the center position. Very irritating!!!!

Got my book I ordered from my bookclub yesterday and I highly reccomend it! It's called "Our Lady of Weight Loss". Pretty funny and she has a lot of good tips and projects to make to keep our hands busy and our mouths SHUT!!!

Susan...Nice to put a face with a name. Did you get the fringe on the afagan? You will have to post a picture when you get it done.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day at WW. I hope the scales show a loss. All I have done the last couple of days is drink lots of water and pee. Flush that fat away I keep telling myself. Have a good night and I'll check back tomorrow.

Cheryl
Old 11-08-2006, 07:28 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies! It is pretty chilly here this morning, but it is drying out. I am not a cold weather person anymore, so I hate it, but I don't like the extreme the other way either, especially with the high humidity around here in the summer months.

Cheryl: Sounds like you are on your way with Christmas sewing. My grandson is wayyyy too picky to do much for him clothes wise. He might not even like the sweaters, but I am giving them to him anyhow. He loves anything Beatles so I am making him this cute white sweater and I found these china buttons on Ebay from England that have the cartoon faces of each Beatle on them (do you by any chance remember when the Beatles cartoon was on Saturday morning cartoons?) No one I have talked to remembers the cartoon. It was on from 1965-69 and it was a cute cartoon. Anyway, it's those faces and I thought he would like it. The buttons cost me a fortune, but I am going to tell my dd to take them off the sweater when he outgrows it and save them for him. I bought him some series books to read, a couple video games and a chess set besides his sweater. That's about it for us this year. We haven't had a lot of time to recover yet from Jack being out of work recuperating from his surgery. I saw that Penneys is having this huge sale and they have these beautiful Christmas stocking marked down from I think it was $35 to $10 each and free monogramming. They have matching mantel hooks so I am going to buy the adult couples matching ones, than each familie's children matching ones. They have 6 varieties to choose from and I only need 2 couple's and then 1 variety each for son's children and for Thomas. I am going to buy 3 extra unmonogrammed in case my son and dil have more kids. I know my dd is not having anymore so don't have to worry about that one.

Susan: I HATE to fringe anything. It seems like such busy work. Is the afghan crocheted or knitted? I think most people crochet afghans rather than knit them. I am making a blanket for the new baby coming and it has tassels on the points of each section. I am not looking forward to that either!

Well gals, I have work to do and it isn't doing itself!

Have a great day!

Faye
Old 11-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #8  

Hi Girls...Just poping in for a quick visit tonight. Was off to the big city this morning to get my machine fixed. Feel like such an idiot!! I didn't have the needle in correctly, so that's why it was making the noise and wouldn't thread by it's self. Stopped at the fabric store and bought some more turtle fabric to make the new grandson some jammies as well. Hubby and I got a quick lesson on how to use my software for my sewing machine. Hope I remember all she showed me. A little rum dum lately.

Cheryl
Old 11-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #9  

I finally got that durned sweater done! I am never using that yarn again. Unfortunately, I have about 4 skeins of the stuff in another color.

It was sure warm here today, but it is supposed to get chilly tonight I guess and go back to normal temps by tomorrow. We have no plans for anything so I am just going to hang out at home and work on some more knitting stuff I need to get done. I have to wait until next week to get my other yarn to start my grandson's Beatle sweater. I sure am glad Jack is back to work and drawing a regular paycheck again. I got used to the money!

Oops, gotta go, Las Vegas starts in just 10 minutes and it is the only show I DO NOT miss!

Have a great weekend

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #10  

Faye...Very cute sweater, and I love the color. Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed your very nice weather. I took a friends son to the movies on Saturday, we saw "Flushed Away". It was pretty cute, and he enjoyed it.

I have been busy the last couple of days trying to get some Christmas projects finished. I have two cobbler aprons cut out and I started sewing on them. I hate the pattern, it was really a waste of fabric. Several of the pattern pieces had to be cut on the bias. I won't use it again just for that reason.

Doing good staying on food and exercise program. Think I got my head back where I need it. Have a Mexican stew simmering on the stove for dinner tonight, and will add a salad to go with it.

Cheryl
Old 11-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #11  

Just a quick pop-in to say I'm down 2.5 lbs. Hope you all are having a good week. Hope the fairy fat mother pays you all a visit.

Cheryl
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies! I am sorry I don't get in here more, but I am trying to get so much Christmas stuff knitted that I keep my nose pretty much to the grindstone.

I am almost done with another baby sweater. This one is white and fuzzy and will have winter buttons on it. I am going to find a hat pattern for a bigger baby and make one to go with it. I am still waiting on the buttons and patch to start T's Beatle sweater. I haven't even bought the yarn for it. I think I may do that tomorrow and I need some needles too.

Jack is still having patches of the swelling, but he had to change his appt to the allergist to the end of the month. He used all his sick and vacation time when he had his surgery and he was told if he took a day off without pay they would write him up and reprimand him. He doesn't earn a sick day until the 24th so he has an appt the following week. You would think with what the poor man has been through they would give him a break, but that's the city for you!

I have to get to the commissary this weekend and do the Thanksgiving shopping. I am dragging Jack with me this time because it will be packed I am sure. I have to make 2 chocolate cream pies, one for Jack to take to work on Wednesday for their carry in and one for Thanksgiving day to take to my dd's. I am going to buy one cheese ball and make the other one, take crackers and some other stuff to snack on and some breakfast stuff. We are spending the whole day together, which is really unusual.

Well gals, I have to get to it. I haven't done all my morning chores and I still have upstairs bathrooms to clean today and that sweater to try and finish.

Have a good Thursday.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh I never thought to take a picture. I'm just so sick of the thing! It's just seed stitch (I think it's called k1, p1 for two rows and switch for the next two rows) ivory and fringed. But it's big enough for two to curl up in.
It's washed, fluffed and put away and I am sick of it

Now, I think I'd like to make myself some sort of cutish hat for walking outside. I've worn those rolled brim things for years and think I'll experiment a bit.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #14  

Hi Girls...Got the two aprons done this morning, but I haven't gone back to rewrite the instruction. I need to do that tomorrow before I forget. I also cut out the binding strips for the quilt I just got back from the quilter's. Hope to sew them together tomorrow and get it sewed on to the quilt, so I can sit tomorrow night and hand sew it down.

Faye...You brave woman! Going to tackle the commissary on a Friday. At least you are taking reenforcements. LOL! Jack is so lucky!!!! I have so many Christmas project to finish up, and not enough hours in the day it seems.

Susan...Yeah for you finishing the afgan that you hated so much. Hope you have better luck with the hat. Have to post a picture for us to see your masterpiece.

Later,

Cheryl
Old 11-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies...Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all. Been very busy the last week, plus we got switched from dial-up internet to high speed. I love it, but we have had problems with it, so that's why I have been MIA. I think my Hubby has all the bugs worked out. Price we pay for living in the country.

Cheryl