South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Warblers on the Beach

Time to get up up up! Cawfee is On!

Schatzi's commin to ya live from a half rebuilt laptop... yep, it done crashed and I got the blue screen of death! Soooo now I have to reload programs and recreate a bunch of stuff Got a full plate today! Raking..Studying... build laptop... and last nights dinner was postponed to tonight! So time to fill up me tank and get a move on!
Cottage: I'm working towards my masters cert in Project Managment ...It's all online through Villanova University...

okay girlies let's get up and movin!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schatzi, are you talking redneck since you moved to Carolina! You are too funny - and insufferably perky!

Horrible day yesterday! I don't want to talk about it. Today will be better!

Right now it's tubby time with some of Scahtzi's "cawfee".
Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  

Mornin' all! Not too much going on this weekend, just projects around the house. Someone asked yesterday about a web site for the Swiss Colony Occasions party - I looked on the order form last night, and there wasn't one listed. But I'm sure that the Swiss Colony company would have one, since they're all about mail order.

Schatzi - Duh-oh! I hate the blue screen of death! Sounds like you've got a busy day.

Ruth - Sorry that your day yesterday was so bad. Hope the next couple of days are good ones for ya.

Have a pancake breakfast fund raiser at church to go to this morning. Hopefully they have something besides pancakes. But, for now, off to scan the pantry & frig so that I can make out a menu & grocery list for the week.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Just gave myself a giggle by translating my post into redneck! Too funny! There's a website called The Dialectizer which is a hoot.

"Schatzi, is yo' talkin' redneck on account o' yo' moved t'Carolina! Fry mah hide! Yer too funny - an' insufferably perky! Fry mah hide!

Ho'rible day yessuhterday! Fry mah hide! ah doesn't be hankerin' t'talk about it. Today will be better! Fry mah hide!

Right now it's tubby time wif some of Scahtzi's "cawfee".

***SNORK!***
Old 11-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Good Morning ladies,
I havent been on this particular board in quite awhile, been doing Weight Watchers and have done very well at maintaining and even losing a little here and there, The problem is that I have a Christmas party and a Birthday coming up in December and I am determined to lose the last 10 pounds by then, I know how well SB works and I am goona commit to it once again and just know it will get me there in the time needed, I also walk alot more than I ever have and am sure it will be just the combination I succeed, now I am not gonna lie and say that after this goal is reached and after the events upcoming that I will live the SDB lifesyle forever, I may go right back to WW to maintain ...BUT if I feel as good as I used too on this program it may be a lifestyle change afterall. I look forward to getting to know all the new ladies on here and very glad to see some familiar names still here as well, Thanks ahead of time for any support you offer, this is the greatest message board ever!!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  
Lifetime Loser

I'm new here at the Beach and found this thread.....y'all are too funny! So I'm not sure how I can get a Kentucky southern drawl typed in...

So off for more coffee and I'll see y'all later.

Phyllis
Old 11-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #7  

Good morning!!

Florida and Christian We are glad you are here- this is an awesome place for support!!

Schatzers Sounds like a busy day for you- I wouldn't even know where to start on rebuilding a computer. Good luck!!

Ruth LOVE the accent! You crack me up.

Jana Morning! Sounds like we will be having similar days- I have lots of things to get done around my house as well as grocery shopping. I haven't done a good, full grocery shop in a few weeks, so I need to get myself set up for success.

Quiet morning around here, the girls are just playing- I am working my way through a large pile of clothes that need to be folded a put away. My goal is to get through the house today. After working all week, my house always looks like a bomb was set off by the weekend. Fortunately we don't have much going on today, so I can get stuff done.

I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by- the fact that it is already November blows me away! What is even more amazing to me is that my older daughter turns 5 at the end of the month. Amazing!!!!!!

Okay, I am going to try a new recipe of some sort this week, so I am off to scour the recipe forum. Bye gals!!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  

Kim How did things go at work yesterday? I hope that everything was able to be worked out.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies!

I'm probably going to be short and sweet because my pit bull Kujo keeps wanting me to play. My parents are at the oyster festival in urbanna so I've been babysitting the dog since last night. He's a sweetheart.... and his birthday is this month sometime. Might as well just pick today! He's turning 2... and is just like a baby.

I was hoping to exercise last night with the dog when I got here but it was 7:30 and pitch black outside not to mention 20 degrees. I already have a cold, don't need a death wish to go along with it. So I decided yesterday would be my rest day and I'll work out today when I go home. I'd go walking with the dog now cause its sunny, but I just don't want to get even more sick outside.

I invited my high school friend over last night because I hadn't seen her in years. She wanted to know more about SBD cause she's gained 30 pounds recently. So I said fine, I'll go get some drink and snacks and we'll hang out here and babysit the dog. Ah.... but I had forgotten that she likes to make plans and not keep them recently. I've come up to my parents house a couple of times recently and she wants me to go out and do whatever. Usually I'm up here because I have to watch the dog so I ask her to come here. She'll agree and I'll expect her at whatever time and she never shows or calls until the next day. Some friend eh?

Well I did get an answer from the school. They said I could come back on November 14th. Now I just have to fight the bank for a loan and I'm straight. Hopefully those types of things don't take that long, I only have what... 10 days now?

I was bad and had 2 drinks last night, but I didn't really eat anything yesterday because we were so busy at work. Invoicing is always the worst. Its like a second TOM right when I'm having my TOM. I haven't gotten on the scale but I'm hoping the numbers are decent when I wake up tomorrow. Anywho you guys have a good weekend and I'll talk to you all again on Monday!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welocome Kiko I too have to get through my house and laundry today...dont ya just love it
Old 11-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Saturday Morning EVERYONE!!

I slept in until 9 this morning and it felt glorious! DH and I got moving and then went to the nursery for seeds for the garden and to the lumber store for plywood for a shelter for the dogs. It's starting to get chilly here and we want them to be warm and protected from the wind. He's going to work outside all day with the dogs and the garden and I'll be inside cleaning house, doing laundry, and taking an inventory of the Christmas decor. (I know, I know. Too soon. Don't tar and feather me yet!) I just need to see if I need to buy anything new while I'm in Austin next week.

The work situation wasn't necessarily solved. Thanks for asking, Kiko. But I did discuss it with boss man and he does agree with me (big surprise being that it's the law!) and also agrees that I don't deserve to be talked to like that. He said he was going to have a staff meeting when we're both in the office again. He's gone M - Thurs next week and I'll be gone the next M - W. Coworker didn't act hostile to me, just not exactly civil either. I had a lot to do yesterday as boss man was out and things needed approval, so I was able to avoid the dirty stares. It turned out to be a decent, maybe even enjoyable, day.

Schatzers:Pooey on your computer!! Hope you get all your chores done today!!

Ruth: Sorry your yesterday was so sucky. Hope today is a million times better. You already sound chipper, so I'm sure it will be great!!

Christian: Welcome back! I look forward to getting to know you better and seeing how you're doing on your journey!

Floridarusty: Welcome. This group of ladies is wonderful and funny and supportive and everything you need them to be! Seems like all you need to fit in is a sense of humor and some coffee...I'm sure you'll get along fine!!

Kiko: I'm glad you're having a quiet morning! It sure makes getting all the niggles done quicker, doesn't it? Let us know what recipe you're trying and how it works out.

Chellez: Glad to hear you're getting in!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed until we hear about the bank loan! Have fun with Kujo!!

Welp, it's time for me to start the crock pot with the stuffed peppers for dinner and then Bob and I have a date! Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

and happy Sunday to y'all!

Well, I did OK yesterday until late afternoon when my dear friend Claire "kidnapped" me for dinner at her place. It was good food but not what I'd planned. (She knew how down I've been feeling and knew exactly what to do - a fire, their friendly dog, a single malt and a shredded pork meal - with wine, of course!)

Today I have Church with the Legion parading in because it's Remembrance Sunday, need to drop off some pots and flats at the Greenhouse, go visit Harry and then cook a meal for my two cousions, Ian and Peter, who are coming to close up the Island cottage. Apple pie has been requested! (There are disadvantages to living in the old family home! I keep telling them Granma is dead! Too funny! These guys are in their early sixties and spent a lot of time here as kids. They revert to kids when they come back.)

Gotta dash and tiddle up for Church. My pink chenille robe will just not do!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #13  

Mornin' all. I've got some granola in the oven, so the house smells yummy!

Christian & Rusty - Welcome!
Kiko - Did you find a good recipe on the board yesterday? Which one did you try?
Chellez - Glad to hear that you got accepted back to school. Hope it works out great for you.
Kim - Sorry to hear about the work situation. We have an "interesting" mix of personalities where I work too, so there always seems to be some sort of turmoil going on.
Ruth - What a blessing to have a friend who will come and kidnap you when they know you're having a sucky day! Have fun with your cousins.

Not much on my agenda today. Church....football....quality time with the computer. I've been venturing out into the online dating scene the past few months, and one site that I'm on is organizing a chat room for tonight. Should be fun. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I was busy all day yesterday entertaining the grandkids and never had the opportunity to stop in to say "hi". We spent the morning shopping, and I got some small artificial Christmas trees that I want to put in pots on the front steps, and I bought Caitlyn some jewelry she had been admiring. Carley was absolutely enchanted by all the decorations and Christmas trees. Christmas is going to be a lot of fun with her this year. Later, Caitlyn made a delicious Florentine Manicotti for dinner. It wasn't exactly OP, but this whole weekend is going to be a write-off, as far as food goes. My parents are taking us out to dinner this afternoon to celebrate my birthday, which is Tuesday, and I know I won't be able to stay on plan with where they're taking us. Here we are, almost a week into the month, and I haven't lost even a fraction of a pound yet! I'm going to have to be extra diligent after today, that's for sure.
Well, I have to go drag Jake in from raking leaves to get dressed to go. Enjoy what's left of the weekend, everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #15  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Just checking in really quick before I go make up my breakfast.

Stayed up until 4 in the morning making a chart for TBL challenge boards because the girl that was doing it has kind of disappeared lately. She had surgery last week which is terrible, but she's just kind of slacked off since week 2

I'm going to head out to a Christmas craft show today.... there's about 130 vendors there that are selling stuff for a dollar and up. Hopefully I can get at least some of my shopping done. We are going to be baking the majority of our gifts this year, plus we plan on taking christmas photos together for the first time. Hopefully I melt another 12 pounds before that takes place!

Anywho I just wanted to stop in and say good morning.... need to exercise tonight just have to figure out when. Toodles!
Closed Thread