Old 11-03-2006, 03:13 AM   #1  

Default Squeezing my way back in....

Hey everyone!

I started posting a few months back - was settling in nicely on the Whole Foods forum, actually - and then it all went pear-shaped. My son became quite ill and I wasn't able to keep up the momentum I was starting to build... it's been a struggle getting started again.

Things have settled down now. I spent a lot of time thinking over the course of the last few weeks - assessing where I am right now, where I want to be, and what I need to help myself get there. I realized that what I needed most was accountability...I wish it was enough to be accountable only to myself, but the plain truth is that it's not. I made the decision to join WW - not so much for the program, but for the weekly support and WI. I know the WW program, and like it - but am actually more comfortable logging with Fitday and so have decided to just keep going with the calorie counting (keeping my calories fairly in line with the equivalent points). Points are really just calories, anyway - more manageable numbers, though! My plan is to continue with a predominantly whole foods way of eating, to journal with Fitday, and to use the meetings as a "keep me focused on taking things one week at a time" sort of thing. I've had DH hide the scale so I won't drive myself nuts hopping on and off throughout the week, too - that's a big step for me! I'm actually kind of looking forward to the surprise factor at the scale each week ('course, that may wear off over time!)

Anyway - I just wanted to kind of "reintroduce" myself, as I'd also like to get back to posting. I actually feel really great right now - I left my meeting this morning feeling like I had made the best decision for myself. I feel like I've given myself the best plan I could - a way of eating and tracking that I know and enjoy and can do on my own, and tied it to a support system that will help me to do what I so obviously CAN'T on my own (at least right now). I do feel a *little* silly having to pay someone primarily to weigh me each week, but the reality is it's what I need. When I looked back at what has been spent in the last couple of weeks on things that really weren't necessary, I realized that I really had no excuse to not take this money for myself if it would make a difference. I'll take it 12 weeks at a time, and just see how it goes.

So, I'm back. I look forward to getting to "know" you all!
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Susie! I know for me, I'm more accountable if I post on a fairly regular basis.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome back. Sounds to me like it will be money well spent. Don't feel silly for needing a helping hand. That's what WW and others like them are there for.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

back Susie!!!

It's so hard climbing back on that darn wagon, but I'm so glad to see you.

You can do this!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

back Susie! This is a great place for support!

hijack-Jen, LOVE the new avatar-hijack ended
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome back Susie
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

welcome back.