Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #1  

Default Just ranting

I just needed to get some things off my chest.

So I recently gaine a bit of the weight back, I was 8 lbs over my lowest weight (which was about 13 lbs above my ultimate goal). Not the end of the world, but...I signed up for a cruise.

So, on 10/23 I started the 6 Month Body Makeover program (I have used it in the past and gotten fast results). Problem is I feel like I don't want to stay on it this time. I know it will work - in fact I lost 3 lbs in the first week. I guess my motivation level is too low.

I bought 2 swimsuits for the cruise, which is now 4 weeks away. I feel very uncomfortable even thinking of wearing them in public - and I think I'm stressing myself out about the fact that there is very little I can expect to accomplish in 4 weeks. I feel like I have a reasonable goal in mind given the time constraint, I would like to be 145 or less (ideally 140).

Please tell me it can be done!
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know everyone is different but I went on a cruise when I weighed 290 and I wore my bathing suit happily You may not be your ideal weight but you have two choices, buckle down and try to lose a couple lbs before you go or stay the same. Either way, enjoy yourself on your cruise.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #3  

I think I just have some left over issues.

The last cruise I went on was before I started to lose weight, and I wore a swimsuit on the beach. (At that point I was over 200 lbs).

As I was walking back to my chair from being in the water I overheard some girl commenting, "There are some really fat ***es on the beach!"

Still bothers me I guess.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

How rude. The girl is the one with the problem. Wear your bathing suit proudly look at it this way you are 50 +pounds less then u were than
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I hate dumb rude people! was she a teenager? No sense to keep their mouth shut!! Do your best if you want to lose the weight, if you don't reach your goal, wear the swimsuit anyway I am sure you will look great!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Sorry I dont hate teenagers just their comments sometimes. To all you teen girls here love ya
Old 11-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #7  

She was definitely young.

I want to believe I will have a great time, but there is just that nagging insecurity. I think it will take a LONG time to recover from that more than anything.

It's funny that so much time went by and I was fine with my size until the thought of the swimsuit came into focus.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

Am betting the girl that said that is about the age where ya still think ya body will never change .. that people that are bigger have somehow willed it upon themselves .. have never had children .. and still think that gravity will never affect them .. ha ! They have a wake up call comin to their bodies soon! I know words can hurt .. and make you feel very self concious in alot of different situations in alot of different ways and for you to have to try to get those words out of your head is dang near impossible. The only thing you can do is move on ... and realize and accept and embrace the changes you have made, the person you are, and the love for yourself. You have made a huge difference in your life and health accomplishing your weight loss. You are a much healthier person. If you lose the pounds between now and the cruise date thats great ..but if you don't .. thats ok too .. Enjoy the cruise ..every aspect .. and just how one sentence from a thoughtless twit hurt you this long ... one whistle out on the deck could help repair that damage .. ~winks~ strut ya stuff girl .. you deserve it! Have a WONDERFUL time!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #9  

I think you are totally right about the girl that made the comment. I know that those type of comments are supposedly more about the person that said it, and maybe she was trying to feel better about herself.

But the way I STILL feel about it (years later) really drives it home that people can be so terrible to each other, and I know she has no idea - probably doesn't even remember it!

I know I have come a long way (over 80 lbs lighter now) but the old insecurities remain, and probably always will. Now I'm worried about the battle scars showing (extra skin, stretch marks). It will always be something!

Part of the issue is that I never had that tight little body to show off, and I was really looking forward to it, after all this work. I think I just have to mourn the idea, and be more accepting of myself as I am.

Thanks for the support!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

I wish I could be there with you I would love a cruise about now, it is storming outside, ick. Do you have a swimsuit cover? Something to wear until you are about to go in the water? Maybe just a short robe or something? Would that help your anxiety? You have lost so much, please take your new body, battle scars and all and have the most wonderful time!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #11  

So, I tried on my new swimsuits again this week.

I do feel better - I must say!

I have decided that trying on the swimsuits once or twice a week before the cruise will help me in 2 ways, 1) I will get used to having it on and seeing myself in it, 2) I will be able to monitor my progress.

Thanks again for the support!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

KTna--I know what you mean about having a low motivation--but I think part of is that 6 week body makeover thing. I did it too, several years ago, and I lost, but gained it back quickly when I stopped it. I found it was too restrictive for me and I really hated most of the food choices. Last January, I dusted off my book and looked it over and decided that it just wasn't for me and I went looking for alternatives. 3FC's was one of my discoveries and I found so much darn advice and look! It's working!!! My motivation returned and I still have it thanks to all the help here!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #13  

I hear ya! This plan is completely restrictive, and I too find it difficult to follow - I am not following 100% because being a vegetarian I had to make some changes.
I went back on it this time because I wanted to jump start the weight loss, I had been maintaing for a while (year and a half if not longer) and I still had around 15 to go to get to my goal. I think I had become too comfortable.
So far I have been losing 2 lbs a week, which is totally great for me. I know that I will have to figure out a way to maintain when I reach goal, but it is so nice to see the scale move finally after all this time!