Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Default Calorie Counters Keep It Simple -- November!

I just realized that we never started a new thread for this month, lol.

I swear, I wonder how I ever got along without FitDay. Do y'all ever have a day when you can't get on the site or your computer for whatever reason? I can imagine that would be a little scary for those of us who are used to calorie counting.

So how are we all doing today, ladies?
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by callystia View Post
I just realized that we never started a new thread for this month, lol.

I swear, I wonder how I ever got along without FitDay. Do y'all ever have a day when you can't get on the site or your computer for whatever reason? I can imagine that would be a little scary for those of us who are used to calorie counting.

So how are we all doing today, ladies?
I love my fitday. I'm a maker of random whatever is in the cubbord casserole dishes and with fitday, it makes the calorie counting easy.

I'm doing very well today except that one of my coworkers brought in a huge bag of Snickers (my favorite) left over from holloween..I think they are begging me to come eat them. I haven't had one, though! But I really just want to consume the whole jar.
Allycatisfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Day 73 over with at 1755 calories. I thought I was going to be really over today. I opened up a bag of Quakes ranch flavored rice snacks and ate the whole bag. This is the third time I have done this with Quakes. Apparently I cannot eat the normal serving size. I love potato chips. Now that I don't eat them, I think Quakes have replaced the chips as a mindless stuff your face food. Luckily I ate them mid-morning, so I could make up for it by not eating as much the rest of the day. No more Quakes for me!
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #4  

Welcome to November everyone!

I can't live w/o fitday. I was down for a few hours last week and I missed it!

I was feeling a big under the weather today and didn't exercise.

Thursday: 1126 calories, 1222 deficit, no exercise
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #5  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Ranch flavored? I probably would have done the same thing, so I'd better stay far away!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #6  
Future Belly Dancer

lol...that's why I don't allow ANY snack food in my house until I get my binging under control. DF hates it, but he can deal. So, I have..oatmeal. I can't really bring myself to binge on...oat meal. Blech! lol

At work...the snicker bowl finally won me over !

Today's calories: 1,474, I worked out for 1 hour of low impact dancing for 305 calories burned. (Shimmy drills and twist walking.)
Old 11-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #7  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Ha! Ally, I did shimmy drills today too.

Calories: 1400 even. 1/2 hour bellydance practice, 20 minutes Pilates. 3 liters water
Old 11-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #8  
Future Belly Dancer

There's a lot of belly dancers on this board.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  

While belly dancing sounds like fun for both me and the husband, I would be too conscience of my weight. There is no way I would think of showing my stomach.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #10  
Future Belly Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webweevil View Post
While belly dancing sounds like fun for both me and the husband, I would be too conscience of my weight. There is no way I would think of showing my stomach.
Girl, you need some education! Belly dancing isn't about showing off your stomach or having the perfect figure. It's not about the fringe and sequin bras and belts..

There are PLENTY of costumes out there that are NOT form fitting or skin tight that cover the stomach and torso such as a beledi dress, even a kaftan and coin belt. There are even coats and tops that cover the stomach but the neck line sits below the breasts so that you can wear a coin bra.

In my dance class, the majority of us are plus size. It's so much more fun than going to the gym. It's expressive, beautiful, and makes you feel sexy. If you have two feet to stand on than you can belly dance.

And I can say, even though I am flabby and fat..my stomach is getting leaner. My belly button is not covered by an over hang of fat. My apple shaped figure is turning into a more womanly shape. I would recommend belly dance to anyone wanting to lose weight.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #11  

Thanks for the schooling Allycatisfat! I found a place that teaches in my area but the classes they list are a little confusing. The have normal classes, classes for women over 30, classes for women over 50, and classes for overweight women. The prices vary greatly. I'll have to investigate more.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #12  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

hey guys. i ve been doing calorie counting for a while and it is time for november !
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #13  
Future Belly Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webweevil View Post
Thanks for the schooling Allycatisfat! I found a place that teaches in my area but the classes they list are a little confusing. The have normal classes, classes for women over 30, classes for women over 50, and classes for overweight women. The prices vary greatly. I'll have to investigate more.
I bet you that they have seperate classes listed to fit comfort levels of individuals. Though the over 50 class probably has a gentler program that is less straining. And for instance, perhaps girls who are plus sized might feel better being in a class together. If you feel comfortable then you dance better! Or maybe the class might be a bit more strenuous to help burn more calories? Hey, maybe the teacher for the plus sized ladie's class is a plus sized dancer. Anyways, your best bet is to call and ask and find out what class is best for you.

Also, a tip:

Pay in advance! If you pay in advance, you won't find a way to justify missing one. I have gone into lessons with a cold. Or so tired I could barely stand it...but I always feel better leaving.

And welcome to ebay. With belly dancing comes the fun shopping! Get yourself a couple of hip scarfs because shimmying around one's house with jingly coins is fun.

Off the belly dancing topic, let's talk about my woes because I am shamefully admitting that I binged. Being taunted by Snicker's bars was bad enough. Then one of my property managers brought in home made whoopie pies, and then came the tea cookies. My calorie content for the day was 2,400.

I can only move on. Thank God that I am not at work for the weekend and can detox from the sugar and not have it around. I feel safe at home, surrounded by unbingeable proteins and fiber.

I just WISH there was a magical cure to curb my binge problem instead of the constant battle.

Oy! G'Night every body.

~Ally
Old 11-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #14  

Hi everyone!

I had an ok day. I didn't get any exercise in

Friday: 2090 calories, 258 deficit, no exercise
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Default Belly dancing

How do I find a belly dance class in my area that is not all skinny? i love to dance but don't want to feel foolish.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote