Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #1  

Unhappy Need to try this again...

Hello everyone. It has been some time since I have been on here. I was doing so good at maintaining around 190-194 for the past year, but lo and behold the unfortunate events started to happen. In August my grandmother on my dad's side and my grandfather on my mom's side passed away within one week of each other. Well I guess everyone knows whats coming from this. I am back up to 208ish. My eating has spiraled out of control, and not to help anything I got a new shift at work so I work from 3pm till midnight in a call center. Well let me tell you; myself and the vending machine have become fast friends. I can't let this happen again. I broke out the old calorie journal again. I am just scared. I went from 260 to about 210-215 in about a year and in the last year and a half i dropped a couple more pounds and stayed fast around 190's. I was more intent on trying to learn to maintain and not gain anything back before I thought about losing more. I still would like to drop some more weight but my biggest goal is to make it permanent, not how fast. Well I guess i just needed to vent it out. Thank you everyone for being here for support and encouragement. Without this site I know alot of us would struggle alot more. Everyone out there you are beautiful and we CAN do this!
abinormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Welcome back, abinormal, way to go for getting back on the wagon.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome back on the wagon--we're here for you.

I used to live in Great Falls too, by the way.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:48 AM   #4  
dum dee dum

S/C/G: 213/185/140

Height: 5'7½"

Aww I am so sorry . It is great that you are going on track again though, despite your losses. Welcome back ...and you WILL do it this time !!!
passionfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinormal View Post
My eating has spiraled out of control, and not to help anything I got a new shift at work so I work from 3pm till midnight in a call center. Well let me tell you; myself and the vending machine have become fast friends. I can't let this happen again. I broke out the old calorie journal again. I am just scared.
on catching yourself before it went any farther!! I solved my vending machine issues by never having change in the office. That, and bringing healthy choices of things to eat so I'm not trying to figure it out when I'm hungry or stressed.

Don't be scared - we are here for ya!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote