Old 10-31-2006, 11:35 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatter for November--Turkey

Hi all,
This group was more talktative than usual last month. Isn't that fantastic!!!!

Anyone new here---please come join us as we try every day to be healthier. We follow the WW plan and we either weigh-in on Thursdays or used to.
If for some reason, you do not weigh on Thursdays, you are still welcome here.
We can be a crazy group so come on and join us.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to recover from Halloween. I ate way too much. It's lots of 0 pt. salads and treadmill walking.
Oh, I changed my tracker thingy. I like the fish.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #2  

Tina, I can't believe how many pages we had for October!! Woo hoo!!! I noticed the new tracker and I like the fish!! I just sat down and wrote out my foods and points for breakfast and lunch today. Now that Tim is back to school, things should be easier at night. Sure was nice having him home though.

Tomorrow I go for bloodwork in the morning, and then I think I'll go to the WW meeting that is close to the hospital. If I weigh in the morning maybe I'll actually have a loss on the scales. lol I'd like to check out that leader anyway because I'll have some Thursday nights that I can't make it to my meeting here in town.

I planned to get my retirement letter typed last night to turn in at school today. Never got around to it, so there's always tonight. They know that I'm leaving the end of February, but I have to make it official with a letter.

Have a great day everyone!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #3  
Leeann Thurston

S/C/G: 206/184.8/140

Height: 5'5

Well Happy November to everyone.
Suprisingly enough, I did not eat any candy yesterday and even had one point to spare. I think Thanksgiving will be hard for me though. I love my moms turkey and stuffing. I will just save up all my points for that day for dinner.
Well this is the time of year I start baking. I have to go to the abandoned pumpkin patch to get my pumpkin to start making fresh pumpkin pie. I think I figured it to be about 5 points a slice. I still have to figure out my cheesecake. I may not be able to cook but I sure can bake. Thats why I look the way I do.
I did not get to see my grandson yesterday. I got out of church to late. In case you are wondering, my grandson Angelo is my husbands step-daughters son and when I marred Patrick, he became MY grandson. He calls me "ME Maw". I love the little booger like my own. I did wish I could have seen him last night. Oh well, I will be getting him this weekend for the Flap Jack festival in Land O' Lakes. It is just a carnival for the kids done every year.
I hope everyone has a great day
mslee514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Me again,
I found a great 30 min. treadmill workout in Family Circle. It's in the Novermber 1st issue. You'll probably need to get a copy pretty soon---before they put out the Christmas edition.
I did it yesterday and was really sweating when I finished. Surely that got rid of the large piece of pumkpin pie and whipped cream.

Leeann, I love to bake, also. Would you share your pumpkin pie recipe, please!
Tammy, I'm astounded that Tim has earned enough credits to be a Soph. Great! Good luck with your blood work. I hope you like that WW leader. I'm going to try the Friday meeting because I wasn't impressed with the Thurs. one.

If I don't call someone by name in my post, that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you and hoping you are doing great OP.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #5  
Texas Jewelry Designer

Talking

Hello Everyone!!!

I have done WW many times and been a member of 3fc for years (haven't posted recently). It's been about 3 months since I was forced to quit WW meetings due to finances. I knew I had gained some but when I weighed over the weekend, I nearly fainted. I weighed more than I ever have in my entire life!!! I can't believe it!

When I came back to 3fc I can't seem to remember what username or password I used and over the years I have changed my email addys, so I decided to start fresh and new.

I would like to join your group if you will let me. I need someone to make me accountable and give me support and encouragement.

Thanks,
dazzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #6  
Leeann Thurston

Welcome Dazzleberry. I am new to this group also and I can tell you this bunch is the best. Everyone here is great and very supportive. Great job on the 2lbs. Just keep your chin up and know that you are not alone. We all will help you the best we can. Oh yeah, I see you are from Texas, well from what I can tell, you are at home in this group. I myself live in Sunny Tampa Florida.
Again welcome and I will keep you in my daily prayers.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #7  
Texas Jewelry Designer

Talking

Thank you so much Leeann!!! I see on your stats that you have lost four lbs. Congratulations!!!

Look forward to getting to know everyone. Cya soon.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #8  

Leeann, I have 2 step-grandsons that I rarely see. I'd love to be a part of their lives, but I think that my husband and his son need to get their acts together first. I don't do much baking, only my grandma's sugar cookie recipe. I love them too much!! I used the Splenda blend last year, and they were just as good as using all sugar. I used to make fudge every year, but since my parents are gone, I just don't want to. I used to make it for them. I also haven't made a pumpkin pie since Bob's dad passed away in 1993. He kept saying he couldn't wait to get out of the hospital for Thanksgiving to have my pumpkin pie. He never came home, and I've never made a pie. Just can't do it.

Tina, I used to subscribe to Family Circle but I don't anymore. Good for you for getting a good workout! Hope you like the Friday WW leader. You could always come up here on Thursday nights and go with me!!! Brilliant idea???
Since Tim took those college classes when he was a senior last year, he earned 18 credit hours! The best thing was, we didn't have to pay for them!!

Welcome Dazzle!!! The more the merrier in this group!!! We'll be right here for you for support. I love being part of this group, and I hope you will learn to love it too. Be good to yourself, take one day at a time. We are all in this together. I have a ways to go to my goal too, but I'm doing it in 10 pound increments. I can see progress more often that way. lol I just rejoined WW a couple weeks ago, so I am getting back into the tracking of foods and points.

Off day tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. I am so glad that I decided to do the every other day thing. I can't believe how much better I feel (except for this silly cold).

Hello to everyone!!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #9  

Happy November

Had a decent birthday. I dressed as a witch, same as my daughter.She looked way cuter of course. I did her make up to match mine. She was so proud. I ate one candy. My friends sang happy birthday and gave me a ghost cupcake with a candle. I ate it. It was gooood. It was 2 billion points. I haven't exercised either. (DH has big inspection this week, I am afraid to go out in the dark alone to run.) So the cupcake will show.

Welcome Dazzleberry! Congrats on your great start to weightloss!

I know there is a WW pumkin pie recipe, I will find it and make it.

I am super tired. I could have sworn I already posted this stuff today. I am going to a cardiologist tomorrow. Don't know what to expect. Am interested to see if he says anything about my weight.
Mom4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #10  

Dee, I had a cupcake that had that many points too!! But wasn't it yummy???
Did you take pictures of you and your daughter? I'd love to see them. Let us know what the doctor says.

I have no idea why I am not in bed. I just keep finding things to do. Since I know I don't have to go to school tomorrow, I guess I think I can stay up later. I'll regret it when Kramer comes in at the buttcrack of dawn though.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #11  
Texas Jewelry Designer

Default Friday morning

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Thanks so much for all the welcomes!! You make a girl feel good.
Thanks. I'm just waking up with my

Tammy ~ Your idea of 10lb increments is a great one. I am doing that too. I have to see some results or I lose hope.

Dee~ Hope everything goes well with the cardiologist. Let us know.

Leeann ~ Thanks again for your prayers,
I sure need them.

I have been overweight all my life. I'm 45, married, with two DD (19,9). I have been a nurse for 20 years and then had to have neck surgery in May and lost my job due to the lifting restrictions. About the same time my knees got to killin' me and was told my cartrilages are shot. Then the Dr told me no more floor nursing. Haven't been able to find anything else in this remote area. Then last week was told that I probably have a ruptured disk in my lower back. My finances are shot after 6 months and I can't seem to find a job I can do. I am very limited as to any exercise I can do. Can do aqua related exercises but don't have a heated pool around this area. So, I'm trying to control the things I can. Trying to lose weight, started a jewelry business, which has not taken off very well. Oh, everyone loves the jewelry, but no one has any money. *sigh* Anyway, that's all about me in a nutshell.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Thursday!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
Well, if you go to the weigh-in thread (Nov.), you'll see that I lost 3.5 pounds this week. I'm soooooo thrilled. I got off that vacation poundage. This new dr. I went to told me that most women couldn't stay on a healthy eating regimen, much less exercise. I looked him in the eyes and told him that HE didn't know me.
I go back in 6 mos. I can't wait to "show him."

Dazzle, it's so nice to meet you. I've been on 3fatchicks for a long time. I made WW Lifetime in '92 but gained. My metabolism is trying its best to keep me at my present weight.

This is a short reply today because it's time to treadmill.
Later.....
Old 11-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #13  
Leeann Thurston

Tina Great Loss
Dazzel maybe you can try looking into the medical insurance industry. They are always looking for nurses. I work for WellCare and love it.
Tammy and Dee, don't feel bad about one cupcake. Just remember don't go back for 2nds.
Tammy, baking will heal the heart. You did it out of love when your parents were alive so why don't you do it in memory of them. Then maybe you can donate what you bake to a local food shelter. I am sure it will bring that Joy back to you and it will bring smiles to others.
Well I have not weighed in yet. I go at noon. I don't feel like I lost much but as long as it is something I will be happy. So happy Thursday to all and I will let you know how I did.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #14  

Dazzle, I do water aerobics at the Y two nights a week. My rheumatologist recommended it for my arthritis and fibromyalgia. It feels so good when I'm there. Then we all jump in the hottub afterwards. Just remember to take one day at a time, and we are all in this together!! Someday we are all going to get together for a slumber party. Won't we have a blast???

Tina, lol to you and the doctor!! You are one tough cookie!! (a low point cookie of course!) Good job on 3.5! I posted to you over there too.

Leeann, that's a good idea about the medical insurance industry. Dazzle, would that be something you could check into?

At the WW meeting this morning, we were talking about making goodies and giving them as gifts to nursing homes, shelters, etc. I was thinking about the fudge and the pumpkin pie while the leader was talking. Amazing how things happen like that, isn't it? A Godincident?

Beautiful sunshine here today, BUT the wind is blowing, and it is about 27 degrees. Not ready for this!!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #15  
Leeann Thurston

Well I am a loser today. I lost 2 Pounds. It is beautiful here, I think the high is 78. Love this Florida weather. A slumber party would be a blast. Today is just a great day... I did not feel like I lost anything and when she said I did it felt so good. I thank all of you for your support.