Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Get Yer Paws off the Halloween Candy!

Last night I was thinking I would let myself indulge in some candy today. I've made it through several weeks of having a huge stash in my basement (I hid it, out of sight out of mind and all that) and was ready to give myself a break. But then I decided that was about the worst thing I could do. It is never just one or two of those small chocolates, it ends up being 12 of them. If I could restrict myself to just eating 1 or 2 I wouldn't be 100 lbs overweight to begin with!

So my goal today is to get through tonight giving out the candy and not having any that I"m supposed to be handing out and then not to raid ds's haul when he is out tonight.

Who's with me? We all know this is going to be a very tempting day and I"ll be those of you at work today probably have a big bowl of candy parked somewhere, in the lunchroom or on somebody's desk. Stay away!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 AM   #2  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default I'm With You

I am commiting to stay out of the candy today too. If I don't start, I'll be OK.

I purposely bought Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters that I don't particularly care for and that way if I have leftovers, I won't be in them.

I also have my weigh-in tonight so that helps in my commitment.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:42 AM   #3  

me too i bought candy i dont care for so that really helps alot!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Nt daughter is only 2 and we are a military family so they have a party at the guys barracks and then the kids can trick or trunk they call it where people hand out candy from decorated cars and then after that you can go trick or treat on post. Well I decided we were going to the party then what ever candy she gets there we are going to hand out to our tricker treaters that way we won't have very much in the house when the night is over haha. My mom said I was a mean mommy but she was laughing cause she said it was pretty smart!!
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

I'm with all you today - I will NOT have halloween candy today. I'm not even a huge fan of sweets, I normally just eat them because their there, and I have to learn to control those old habits. So, to set myself up for success, I have brought TONS of snackies to work with me today. I brought 4 baby bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, and tons of fruit. So, if I get the urge, I will grab something from MY bag of goodies. We CAN do this today - its just 1 day! Good luck to you all, and if you really really get the urge, come on here and type to help keep your fingers out of the candy dish!!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #6  
playin' for keeps

I'm out, too! It's been a year and a half (actually, a little longer) since I've had any candy, but it's tougher having it in the house. Last year I bought stuff I didn't like, but this year - it's chocolate. The ultimate test!

We'll see how I do, but I think I'm gonna make it.

Good luck to y'all with the candy monster today - and happy halloween!

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am so totally with you with you on this!!! I did buy candy that I don't like, but then here is all Jacob's loot!

None is better than some.

NO CANDY!!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

My weakness is snickers and peanut m & m's. We'll see.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

I'm giving out sugar free gum so if I do have any left over it won't be that bad. Although it doesn't look as if I'm going to have any left.

Jen
Kilmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I only bought stuff I don't like so I'm doing good! And no kids so no worries there either. It was difficult passing up the candy bars at the store but I went with the candy necklaces instead....WHEW! Dodged that bullet!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

On my way to bed...zzzz...but no candy!!

How did everyone else do?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Jasmine, I have the exact same weaknesses, so I picked through the kids' candy and picked all of the Snickers and Peanut M&Ms out (none of the kids are very excited about things with nuts in them), took two bite size Snickers out for Mommy, and trashed the rest. Mean mommy, but with everything else they have they won't miss it. This is the first Halloween in many years where Mommy hasn't had a bellyache along with the kiddos.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I did not indulge one tiny bit and you know I really didn't want to. I knew that I would end up having tons of them and then I would feel bad so I didn't have any to begin with. Maybe I am finally wising up!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I made it through halloween with eating only 1 small piece of candy. It was nice to know that I could have that 1 piece and leave the rest alone.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #15  
playin' for keeps

Sounds like everyone did GREAT last night. Good job, girls!

Lily, I'm in awe. One piece. Wow. What a concept. Maybe some day I'll be able to wrap my mind around that.

We had tons left over, so at around 9 o'clock, I stuffed it all into a plastic grocery bag and left it on the front porch. I figured some kid would think he'd hit the jackpot. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door this morning to find it all still sitting there. *sigh* So I packed it all up once again and hauled it to work. Folks mowed through it this morning, so once again, all is safe for another year and peace reigns throughout the land... at least until Thanksgiving.

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote