Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #1  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #1045

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:24 PM   #2  
Nancy

Just a drive by post to say I am wearing my little devil horns that I got at the Ren Fest so I look kind of like this today . Of course that was more fitting of how I behaved last night. I came home from the gym and I wanted Mexican food so we went out for dinner. I won't go into the aftermath, but it involved cheese.

Hopefully I can get my BF to take a picture of me tonight with my horns on and I can post it later. We are feeling "scroogey" this year and ducking our responsibilities of candy giving by heading to the mall. We will probably catch dinner and a movie and just hope no one eggs the house.

And just because it is too cool

Oh - Cool picture Melissa. Having fun is much more important than always worrying about whether you look
Old 10-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I just finished watching Hocus Pocus with the kids. We love that film, and of course it’s perfect for Halloween. This year we bought a cauldron with a hand sticking out of it, and when you go for the sweets in it the hand drops down and a voice says, ‘want some candy’ or ‘happy Halloween’. We didn’t tell the kids about it and it was SO funny watching them going for sweets. Even after the initial shock they still had to deal with the hand every time they went for sweets

I can’t speak for everybody over here because I know some people make more of a thing of Halloween, but for us, it’s not that big an event. We have a few decorations like a witch, a light up pumpkin and the cauldron, and we watch an apt film in the evening, but that’s it. When Beth was little I did used to dress her up and take her to her nanna’s and to our neighbours for them to see her, but we never went trick or treating at people’s doors. A couple of years we went to a Halloween party put on by the deaf children’s society. But now, it’s a nice quiet night in.

Patti – phew, I am glad nothing is wrong with your eyes and that you just had to get new glasses.

Ooooh who did you order Xmas presents for, was it yourself, or for hubby? What kind of shop is Penny’s? That’s Daren’s exes name, so I am glad we don’t have that chain of stores over here

Heather – wow, that’s determination, actually stopping yourself from eating that candy you had taken out of the ‘victory bowl’ You should be really proud of yourself. I am glad TOM has arrived now, hopefully those cravings will ease off now

Katy – I am very sorry to hear about your second cousin. What terrible news I think it’s wonderful that you aren’t giving in to comfort eating or boozing and that you are keeping your mind occupied by coming here and ‘chatting’ to us

No I haven’t tried that google 15 weight tracker, I hadn’t even heard of it. I might take a look at it a bit later on. I am learning so much about all sorts of different weight loss related sites from everybody here, it’s amazing.

Lilion – are pop rocks those candy things that you put on your tongue and they pop? If they are, I used to love them when I was a kid, they were really fun. I gather whatever they are you don’t like them considering you didn’t seem at all tempted by them. Unfortunately I LOVE kids candy lol, I bought a big bag of individual bags of jelly sweets for the girls and I ended up eating more than my fair share. That was before I got back on track though, so the ones in the Cauldron tonight I didn’t touch

I am sure you are going to make it to 100 lbs gone before me, especially as I have back tracked and now have 16 lbs to lose to get there. Well whenever either of us gets there it’s going to be a very special moment. Let’s hope we both make it before Christmas because I am like you, I don’t want to start 2007 at anything over 229.

Missy – I LOVE the picture of you and Andrew, you both look like you are having a brilliant fun time. And I have to say it, the hat suits you!!! I bet you are one of those people that can look good in any hat. Me, I look stupid in every hat I have ever tried on!!

Sorry that you saw a gain on the scales, it’s good that you were expecting it. I think expected gains suck, but they are much better than the ones that you know you don’t deserve! I know you will get those lbs off again and plenty more along side them! Christmas isn’t far away and we all have to make our goals!

Nancy – I LOVE cheese. I hadn’t had much at all since I started my diet, so on my naughty days I had a load of cheese on toast. Oh how I had missed it, and I savoured every bite. The one good thing about eating that and all the other stuff I normally wouldn’t is that I have satisfied my hunger for it all. Now I just have to keep away from it all again.

I am looking forward to seeing the pic of you with your horns on, hope you post it soon.

Ok it’s time for LIVE Most Haunted, it’s been really good so far, it’s a 3 day thing and tonight is the last night. Are any of you watching it? For the first time it’s being broadcast to the USA too.

Take care all and keep an eye out for those witches at midnight

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #4  

just a quick note because the goblins and ghosts have started ... Ammi my xmas presents was for my mom and sister.. i already have DHs gift. sounds like you had a good halloween i dont decorate but i get the trick or treaters lol
Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Well, I didn't nab the candy but ended up caving on some spice cake kind treat later in the day... wait for it... 4 times! They were the size of mini-cupcakes, tho, so the damage wasn't so bad. given how I was feeling today, I can live with it!!!

We are off to the gym for the evening... I am actually ducking trick or treaters RIGHT THIS SECOND!!! because there is NO CANDY in this house (thankfully, or I would have eaten it today!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #6  

good idea ducking treat or treaters lol... Ammi Penneys is a department store. i love it but i usually shop at Walmart lol.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #7  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Hello all-
I just wanted to check in- I haven't been on since the 17th. Things have been too crazy at work and school, but I'm happy to report that i have been staying mostly OP. I just upgraded my gym membership, so I now work out at least an hour 5 times a week. (before it was an hour 3 times a week) I haven't been losing weight so much, which I think is just because i'm toning up (i hope) I'm going to have my fiance measure me tomorrow (for the 1st) to see exactly where I'm at.

Well- I hope everyone has been doing well (I haven't had time to even read the posts.!!!!) :blush: I'm going to try and get back to saying hi at least once a day- as this site really does help me keep motivated, i'm surprised I've done as well as I have without it! I haven't been keeping track of my excercise minutes, but I'm sure I met my goal and I'll set a new one for November. Hopefully you will see a lot more of me soon!! (and less of me at the same time)
Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM   #8  

Patti - if I was more happy with my size I would love to answer the door if trick or treaters knocked and tell them I am sooooo very sorry, but all the candy has gone coz I ATE IT I would love to see their faces. We only had one person knock today, but we didn't answer the door. If it was just little kids that called and they have made the effort to dress up I wouldn't mind. But it's mostly teenagers with a black bin liner as a cape asking for money. If you say no they trash your garden or smash your windows, so I would rather just not answer the door!

I forgot you told me you had bought hubby's presents already, now you have your mum and sister's too, you are doing great. I have only bought for Daren and the girls, I have friends and family to buy for yet.

Thanks for telling me what Pennys is, do they sell groceries as well as other stuff just like Walmart does?

Heather - Ok so you gave in to those tiny little spice cakes, like you said, they won't have amounted to much calorie wise AND it was great that you didn't eat more than 4 given how much you were craving stuff like that. I still think it's brilliant that you didn't eat the candy from the bowl

Kimberly - lovely to see you posting again and happy to hear that you haven't been off plan or gained weight. I bet you will have a lovely surprise when your fiance measures you tomorrow. I look forward to seeing your results

I hope you manage to check in more often again, I love your posts.

Annie, Sharon, Brenda, Nancy, Sue, Jill, Missy, Michelle, Andie, Jen, Lilion, Valerie, Katy, Kayley, Xena, Brandnewme, Katt, Erika Leigh, Zelma, Nelie, Amy, Crock and anybody else I have missed, hope you are all having a great day. I am off to bed now, so until tomorrow bye bye.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi - Penney's doesn't sell food...they sell about everything else, though! Clothes, appliances, exercise equipment, etc.

I'm feeling a TEENY bit better, and I think it's due to all the pain medication that I'm on. I'm highly medicated right now, it's almost scary. At least the pain is less instense for now....
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kim -- Welcome back!!! Congrats on staying OP despite the flurry around you! We'd love you to join us on the exercise thread!!!

Ammi -- Fortunately there were only 4 little cakes altogether, otherwise I might not have stopped!

Still, I did avoid the candy from the Victory Basket (though I almost went and bought a bigger candy bar, which I realized was kinda stupid, fortunately... why have MORE candy when you're trying to avoid LESS candy....?) Anyway, given the day, I'm satisfied. Today was a high stress day for me and I realized how work stress triggers mindless eating for me, so that is a big victory. TOM didn't help, but I think that's under control.

Here's the weird thing. I'm having this awful stressful day, and all I can think is "Thank goodness I'm lifting at the gym tonight, because that will make me feel better." ME??? I had these thoughts???

What's more??? the lifting DID make me feel better!

VAL! How was the first day??? We haven't heard from you, have we??
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 AM   #11  
Nancy

It's past my bedtime, but I just wanted to say that I posted two pics of me wearing the little devil horns on the pic page. Goodnight all!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:38 AM   #12  

Hey everyone..going to try to do some quick personals...missed a whole thread!

Ericka~ Glad you joined..this is a great support group!

Lilion~Great costumes! I bet that was so much fun!

Ammi~sounds like you are back on track! Sorry you gained some weight but you can get that off!

Andie~You are getting a lot of exercise in! Keep up the good work!

Wyllenn~I have horrible cravings with TOM. I crave potato chips and popcorn like no tommorow! Hope the bad cravings go away soon!

Nancy~love the horns! How cute!

KIM~Glad you are back! Good for you still staying OP during the stress stuff.

Melissa~Cute pic! I love the hats!

As for me I am doing good with food. I am staying away from the scale! I just get so down when I don't see a loss. I know I will make more progress when I am working out. Speaking of working out...you all know how much I have been struggling with it. Back problems...ankle problems etc. Ok well I went to the Doctor Monday and I basically told him what was going on when I worked out. And he flat out asked me do you wear tennis shoes? I said no I didn't have any because I can't wear them outside here. And he was like that is your problem! He said the tennis shoes will take some of the stress off of your ankles and back. I felt so stupid! Because I really didn't think much of just doing my walking in my socks! So I ordered a pair of new balance on sale. So that was a plus and not to mention free shipping to Alaska! That is unheard of! So my new shoes will be here Thursday and I am actually excited because I think I will see a big difference!

Well I hope you all had a fun halloween! Have a great day tommorow!

michelle
Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 AM   #13  

Good Morning All,

It’s a beautiful morning here, the sun is shining and I am annoyed at I spent all of yesterday with clothes drying around the house when they could have been put on the line today. Oh if only we could see into the future. Mind you if we could I am sure we never would have let ourselves get to the size we are, or in my case married the jerk I married before Well if they ever invent time travel I will offer to be a guinea pig to see if it works Lilion is going to stop time for a while if she isn’t going to get to her goal by Christmas so maybe she’s the one to watch for the time travel machine too

Kayley – I am sorry you are still feeling so rough, any idea if you will need to see an ENT doctor yet? I am still keeping my that the antibiotics will do their job and quickly. Are you managing to get any food in you, soup at least?

Thanks for explaining about Penney’s, I am sure they have a web site, I may just look it up so I can see the shops goods for myself

Heather – aaagh I keep trying to give you praise and you keep finding ways to try to stop me But I don’t care what you say, you were brilliant only having 4 little cakes even though there were only 4 there lol. AND you were great stopping yourself buying candy, AND for thinking how good it would be to work out. No matter what you say you are an inspiration to me and all of us here

Nancy – I love the pics of you with the horns, they looked really good. I was expecting your normal run of the mill ones, like cat ears but obviously horns. I was very impressed Thanks for posting the pics.

Michelle – I never used to exercise with shoes on, especially if I was just following a DVD. I only recently started wearing trainers (tennis shoes) and have seen a big difference already in my ankles which used to hurt every time I exercised. I always wondered why the work out dvd people always say to wear comfortable shoes, now I know why. I should have listened a long time ago lol. I am glad your doctor gave you such good advice and I hope you will feel much better doing your walking in your new shoes when they arrive.

Yes I am back on track, and you are right, I will soon shift those lbs I gained. I get so annoyed with myself though for setting my progress back, grrrr

Ok I better not waste this lovely weather, I am going to at least get some towels washed today. I have to go out this afternoon, but I will post later tonight I should imagine. Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 AM   #14  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone ,.. just stopping in quickly cos Im pooped!!

Had a really busy day ... spent 2.5 hours giving the house a summer clean (like a spring clean .. only its summer lol .. well .. close enough lol) ... I was only going to clean the kitchen .. but next thing you know the dining area was getting attacked ... then the lounge .. then I did the hall and rearranged the cupboards .. onwards to the laundry .. got 2 loads done ... vaccuumed everywhere .. by then dad arrived ... helped him to dig a few of the post holes for the new fence (we have a very rocky property grrr) .. unfortunately the weather started turning bad .. grrr .. so my clothes (mainly towels thank goodness lol) are getting an extra rinse in rain water ... but instead of stopping we ended up going into town to get the rest of the supplies we needed to build the fence .. when I got back home I finished up the vaccuuming (I had done it earlier ... but then I sprinkled a powder over it .. was supposed to do it before I vaccuumed but was so carried away I forgot rofl ... so did it twice!) ... then put the shopping away and had a sit down for an hour to watch Starting Over ... then it was time to get dinner organised ... I didnt actually stop other than that 1 hour from 8am to just after 8 tonight .. and that was so I would remember to watch SVU! I was really exhausted tonight .. wasnt going to do any exercise as I had been so busy all day already .. but I managed to do 40 minutes of Richard...

I have decided I want to get to 50 pounds down by Xmas - thats halfway to my initial big goal ... I think I can do it .. I have been averaging about 10 pounds a month .. so even if I dont quite get that this month I will still have a few weeks in Dec to do it ... Im gonna go change my ticker .. Im almost at 40 pounds total lost already ... so I should be able to do this

5 Positives:

1 - My dad arrived today
2 - The lambs came running up to me when I got home from town to greet me
3 - Ash has been in a good mood all week!
4 - We got all the materials we need for our BBQ area paid for today so now we just need it delivered and then we need to put it together lol ..
5 - I bought myself a walking dvd!! I thought it would add a little something different to my working out .. cant believe I am actually excited about getting an exercise dvd!!! rofl. (leslie sansone walk away the pounds 2 disc set).

Okee .. Im having a hard time keeping my eyes open .. think I will sleep well today lol .. just enough energy left for a quick shower

Night Night everyone .. hope you all have a wonderful day ..

VAL HOW DID YOUR FIRST DAY GO?????!!!!!! (lil impatient me lol).
Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Such cute Halloween photos in the pictures sections--ya'll make me feel like a big weenie for not dressing up Sounds like everyone had a safe and happy Halloween, even though some of those treats may have gotten to us I did have a few handfuls of M&Ms and I think 4 cookies at work, plus 2 mini S'mores candy bars at home, but at least the rest of the candy is gone--I'm glad we had enough trick-or-treaters to take it all!

So I hopped on the scale this morning--294. I know my eating hasn't been perfect, but don't I deserve some credit for the exercise? I need to get into the groove. I'm OP about 70 percent of the time, I'd say, but that 30% that's off is WAY off. I need to get it back up to more like 90% on target. I don't care who brings in what free goodies to work today--I have plenty of food of my own and do NOT need to eat theirs!

I did a new WATP DVD this morning. It's still 30 minutes, but I think this one is called Walk and Kick. It adds a few very basic kickboxing moves--a few different kicks and punches. I really like it because it's like a combination of the basic WATP and some watered-down Tae Bo. And I only kicked the couch about 3 times

Well, I've eaten my breakfast, and I have a crock pot brewing for dinner (potatoes, water, turkey sausage, corn, fat-free half and half, and spices), so I'd best go make my lunch(es). Have a great one, chicks!
Closed Thread