Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Core Chat Thread for Week of October 29-November 4, 2006

Here's our new weekly thread to chat on. Come on and join in lurkers and newbies. We could use the company!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:20 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We are no longer on Daylight Savings Time. Cassie's tummy got us up at 6:00 anyway. We didn't go to bed until late so there are naps in our futures. I just have a couple of easy, well sort of easy, rooms to finish cleaning. Then I begin my special cleaning projects. I'm making Lemon Garlic Chicken and Oven Fries for dinner so that will be really easy too. Good thing since my muscles are really sore.

Poor Jim. He's a great help but some of it gets by him. I took my shower curtain in the guest bath down to wash it. I didn't take the rod down because it's impossible to get back up. So I stood there with my arms high up over my head (remember I'm about 5' 2") opening up the rings and removing the shower curtain. When it was clean, Jim went and rehung it....backwards. He didn't think the valance should go on the outside. He knew he was wrong when he saw the seams on the wrong side. His shoulder was killing him since the one that had surgery still isn't right. So I had to go take it down and rehang it. I have to tell you that I got lots of upper body exercise yesterday!

My dinner was excellent last night. I'm going to go modify the recipe in our recipe box. I didn't feel that I was eating diet food at all.

Melissa, I'm happy that your business is so successful. We do miss you though. Can you tell us how your plan is going?

Frouf, how are you? Can we help?

What's up with the rest of you?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Going to lock the other thread now ...

Well -- I finally figured out the big Arbonne order and am very relieved. It was my first, and the total was a little over $750 but I will pay right at $400. It includes Christmas gifts so it's not as bad as it seems.

I'm at work today until 2:00; after that I have a long list of things for home, like dinner, cleaning out my car, emptying all the trashcans, washing sheets, whites and jeans, sweeping the wood and tile, cleaning the bathroom and watering inside and outside plants. That should take me right up until 7:00, when I will stop and watch TV.

Kitty Bridge threw up on the big chair in the family room during the night, so I had to contend with that before getting ready for work. I was less than thrilled to clean that mess up, and then step backwards into another little mess on the carpet in front of the chair. God love that little clown; he's going to be the death of me though.

Sleeping was weird because I went upstairs to my little room around 9:30, which was actually soon to be 8:30. I went to sleep but woke up 4-5 times during the night. Finally around 6 or so, it was light and I just went ahead and got up. It takes some getting used to, this non-Daylight Savings stuff. Tomorrow morning I'm sure I'll be up and at'em very early, which will help with my work schedule.

Where IS everybody?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Sleeping was weird here too. I woke up many, many times during the night. There was a big wind storm, which is still a bit with us. This October has been very rainy and windy...more like November normally is.

Dinner at our friends wasn't too hard... she had made chili which looked pretty Core to me. We have movie nights at her house and last night we watched African Queen. Bogie and Hepburn never get old.

Today we are meeting friends at the Woodbine Race Track here. We aren't gamblers at all but it's fun to see the horses sometimes. There is a huge buffet so I really have to be strong today. But, it's so big I'm sure there are lots of choices....but also LOTS of desserts I'll try to just ignore them.

I loved the shower rod story. My sweetie's good about things when I remind him! Oh well, they do have such redeeming qualities often.

Froufy, where are you? We need you.

Rhonda
Old 10-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Sunday everyone. Today is a new day -- I fell a bit the last 2 days. Friday night I decided I needed pizza. I did order a steak tip salad, ate that and had one small piece. Not too bad. Yesterday was a miserable rainy and windy day. Did my usual chores and shopping and then decide to bake. I did make pumpkin core cake but I also made an apple pie for dh -- since I had my pumpkin cake I did the normal sweet apple pie. I was not going to have any.

We ended up going to an italian restaurnt that has the best meat balls and sauce. I thought about something sort of core but decided to just have what I really wanted - linguinie (regular, not ww) with meat balls and meat sauce. It was fabulous, brought 1/2 home. DD did not eat a thing - it was not a good sign. The only time she doesn't eat is when she is sick.

Well, we are about 2 miles from home, she starts crying and throws up in the car. Oh, the only thing she did eat or drink at dinner was 1/2 her milk. Need less to say it was a quick trip. DH is driving like mad, I'm trying to comfort dd from the front seat - could I have any tissues or napkins in my car -- NO.

So we made it home go everything cleaned up, went back to clean out the car seat. Load of laundry # 1 is going. Sarah then just laid on the couch. Our plan with day light savings was to keep her up a bit late. About an hour after we got home she needed to sit with me and yes, she got sick again all over me. She was so cute though, crying and apologizing to me for getting me "soiled". Not sure where she got that word.

Laudry load # 2 is going and she gets to bed. Thankfully she was fine all night and fine this morning. Must have been some quick bug or possibly bad milk? Who knows.

Anyway that was my weekend so far. Right now dd is sleeping, we have a wake to got to at 2 and then our towns halloween parade at 4. I'll read and catch up later tonight if I can.

Take care everyone!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Oh forgot to mention -- After we got Sarah down, I did have a piece of pie, it was fabulous! But I felt guilty this morning. Already took a 1/2 hour walk and we'll be walking alot this afternoon.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kath, poor Kitty Bridge and poor you! The pukies and hairballs are not something I miss about my little Scottish Fold Cameo. Really disgusting to step into with one's bare feet! The Arbonne deal sounds good. I'd be interested in hearing how you like it. I have very sensitive skin and much stuff makes me very itchy. I even had to return Hope in a Jar that Jim surprised me with last Christmas because it made my face all itchy. I could use some good cream for my neck and eye hydration. My face is combination and impossible to deal with. It's horribly dry on the forehead by the Tzone is shine city. Try not to work too hard tonight. I know that's impossible for you. I not sure that you know how to relax!

Rhonda, I didn't sleep great either and no nap yet! We should have had a party overnight. I hope you enjoy the racetrack. My family loves the track. Makes us sound bad, doesn't it? My Mom and Dad used to go about four times a year and they always had a ball, just betting a little money. It was never a problem and I used to love to go with. Good Luck at the buffet! In my experience those desserts usually look better than they are.

Paula, I honestly don't think you did too badly in the food department. You should really congratulate yourself for not throwing the whole week out of the window. You had a couple of small slips. No biggie. I'm sorry DD was sick. Based on your description it sure kind of sounds like the milk. I sure hope she continues to feel well.

I'm making a crustless pumpkin pie. I had a little bit of a meltdown at lunch. I think it's the lurking TOM. I had to have nuts and have them now. I was going to put IT pecans in oatmeal but when it got time for lunch I HAD to have PB. I'm thinking that I shouldn't have it in the house anymore. I had two small pieces of whole grain multi-grain bread with 2T Smart Balance natural PB and 2T Polaner All Fruit. It was literally the best I could be. I was a bit out of control but am better now and I think I can cut back a bit at dinner to make up for it.

I'll try to be back later. The Bears are on now. The city is divided during baseball season by the Sox and the Cubs but is united by the Bears. We are all enjoying the success as long as it lasts!
Old 10-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm off to a bubble bath and a book. I may have to put the book down at some point because I'm thinking a nap may happen. I was falling asleep playing cards online.

Hope you're all having a great day. I'm not going to keep talking to myself here!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #9  

Hi All:

I'm bragging here! I went to the buffet and ate only CORE!

I had veggies, fish, veggies, fish, veggies, veggies and more veggies. For desert I had fruit and I had coffee to drink...no wine. I am soooooo proud of myself. The desserts looked wonderful and were wonderful, according to the others. But, I looked at them, thought about everybody here and said to myself.

Now, I'm taking a quick nap before we go to dance class. I think I'll call Sandra and see if I can reach here. If I do, I'll give a "life is good" report later.

Rhonda
Old 10-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #10  

Woohoo, Rhonda!! You GO!

I have watered all my plants, inside and out. I did laundry, put out the Halloween candy, and scanned two copies of a picture for Judd. I did one at Walgreens and one at CVS ... didn't want to do it on our own scanner because I wanted a bit more professional printer/paper than I currently have. The picture is of his grandpa's barn in Kentucky. He picked his favorite (CVS, if anyone cares -- and it isn't the Kodak version) so I'll go back and make three more copies, then get them matted and framed. We're keeping one, and giving one to his brother, sister, and parents. It'll go in with their Christmas gifts.

I'm starting to think about making some of that turkey veggie chili (Core) for dinner instead of fish, sweet potatoes, and salad. I have salad stuff that needs to be used, so I'll be taking a salad to work every day this week. Also, I have oatmeal and grits at work that are in my way, so that's what I'm having for breakfast this week. Looks like I'm all decided except for snacks (probably SF jello and 94%FF popcorn) and dinner ... which ought to be fish or chicken, steamed vegetables, and either baked potato or baked sweet potato. I have FF sour cream and cheddar that should be used soon. Might as well clean out the freezer, fridge, and pantry before buying new stuff!!

Well, now having said that, I would have to go to the store for turkey and canned tomatoes if I want to make the veggie chili. Hmmm .... Looks like we're back to the original dinner plan.

Judd played golf today while I worked, and now we're both back home. My laptop has been crapping out on a regular basis (like every 5 minutes, where I would have to reboot) ... so I decided to switch wireless cards with Judd. No problems! Then he tried my card in his laptop and it froze up -- meaning it's the card! He just ordered a new one and hopefully my frustration level will go down soon. Problem #2 is that last night, I tried to turn on my desktop computer and nothing happened. I'm not sure if there's a problem with IT TOO or is it unplugged? UGH! Problem #3 is that the TV in the yellow room only gets ONE channel. I've been reading after going up there, but would really like some TV at night. I think tomorrow I'll look for a good deal on a small TV and put it on the dresser up there. I'm liking that room, and hate that I am unable to sleep with Judd anymore, but sleep is the operative word there. With my work deadlines coming up, I'll be working loooong hours and must have my sleep.

I'm sitting on pins and needles until Sandra gets here! Oh and Rhonda, when do you get here? Will there be a day or so before the wedding that maybe we can all do something?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #11  

I salute anyone who can go to a buffet and stay OP. That's a really challenging situation.

And reading the story of the vomiting daughter took me back to when my kids were much younger. Our 1st house was a bungalow so our bedrooms were on 1st floor (used 2nd floor bedrooms as home offices). There was a 1st floor laundry in the kitchen, which was especially convenient when (you guessed it) kids would get sick and throw up all night. We could just keep changing the sheets and throwing the old ones straight into the machine. Ah, parenthood. One endless adventure.

I imagine I'll be posting a lot this week--I need to get 4 pounds back off and my 1st day back on Core was far from successful.

Talk with you later--
Old 10-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #12  

Please stay with us. We need "new blood" ... !!!

It's especially important for me, who is basically at my WW goal weight but wanting a lower personal goal, to see people who have lost and can maintain. I am mainly Core but journal (I know ... you aren't supposed to but it's a habit from many, many years) and also tweak a bit. I have, though, lost the majority of my weight eating this type of food ... actually it was Core before Core was developed. Lean beef, chicken, seafood, lots of salads, eggs, skim milk, and vegetables.

Anyway, please stay with us. We like to talk (couldn't you tell???)!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #13  

Thank you, thank you....very proud of myself! I have meetings ALL day tomorrow...about teaching....boy, I guess the administration thinks old dogs can learn new tricks! But, the point here is....there will be cookies all over the place. I think I should go find a little chickie of some kind to put in my pocket to remind me...think I'll look for something like that. It really did help to think about this board while staring at the temptations on the buffet.

I called Sandra's cell but got her answering machine. But, we know they're safe, having a great time, eating CORE, and saying "life is good." But, those Cracker Barrels would be tough on my resolve, I know that.

Kathy, yes, we'll have some time before the wedding to get together with Sandra. I'll send you a pm about our schedule. I hope your computer problems get resolved. I have no, nada, zilch patience when machines don't work

Good night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #14  

Machines irritate me too. You'd think that since we have six computers in this house (and 3 people), I could find something that works. I am so happy that this wireless card is working. Judd is in the bedroom and has hooked into the regular wiring. Like I even know what I just said ...

I can't wait. Just CAN'T WAIT ... until we can all get together, Rhonda. I am going to make sure my schedule is flexible, no matter what else is going on, so that we don't waste the opportunity.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to my meeting with probably no loss but hopeful anyway.

I'll be quite busy today and hope to be back later. I hope you all have a great OP day. Rhonda, hang in there!
Closed Thread