Old 10-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Red face What can you do about bloating?

This morning when I woke up, I knew the # was going to be up on the scale. I am so bloated today! It is not my TOM and I am drinking water. I could drink more, but I am drinking. I don't have to much salt in my diet. Any Ideas on what I can do? I was going to take Sundays off for exercising, but I feel so bloated I wonder if exercising will help. Anything you could think of would be great! Thanks! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

How about a brisk walk? That might help you with the bloating and it won't be to strenuous.

As for what caused the bloating, did you eat anything heavily starchy last night? I know when I eat a bigger meal than I should, I feel bloated as well as if I eat a carb-heavy meal rather than a balanced meal.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I think a brisk walk is a great idea. And keep on drinking that water.

Did you drink any diet soda? When I used to drink soda, I'd be terribly bloated. Also, if you are consuming more fiber than you're used to, that can cause bloating, too. Some people have that reaction to food allergens, although they're not aware they are allergic to a particular food. You might want to journal what you eat/drink and make note of the bloating to see if it occurs when you eat certain foods.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Water, so much water you never want to see another glass! Keep it up for a couple of days and usually my body will let go of the extra and then I can go back to "only" drinking 64 - 80 oz.
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Jelly!

I read awhile ago that to metabolize carbohydrates the body requires more water. It is possible that you may be eating more carbs than your body needs, and the water is just helping to metabolize them. Try adding more proteins and reducing carbs while keeping up your water amounts. This helped me.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:24 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybelly06 View Post
What can you do about bloating?
Less salt.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I feel like I should know this but... what is the feeling of being bloated? How do you know that you're feeling bloated?
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote