Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #1  

Smile Going back to Core

Well, I did Core for 2 or 3 weeks, took off the extra few pounds and then said, "Great, now I can go back to Flex like the good old days." Now I've had a rotten day of eating/way too much and I also overate last night. Conclusion: time to "ReCore" as it were.

My WI day is Sunday so I'll start the new week with the new plan then. One thing that helped me last time was sort of a modified tracking--I wrote down everything I ate and labelled it "C" if it was Core or wrote the points if it was part of my WPA.

I am in a good exercise groove, so hopefully changing plans again will get me back into a healthier place with my eating.

I got lots of support and good advice here during my first go-around with Core, so I'm looking forward to chatting with you again.

Take care.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You'd be surprised how many people come back after trying it and then switching to Flex. At least on Core, you only have those 5 pts per day to play with; on Flex, sometimes we tend to hoard points and use them on bad stuff. I drank two Cokes per day when I was doing Flex, and worked them in to the day's points allowance.

I'm mostly Core but still write everything down. I do it so that I can see what I was eating (or not eating) during a time of loss (or God forbid, a gain). Now that I'm mainly in maintenance, I give myself those extra 4 pts per day and so far, I'm holding steady.

Welcome back!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Elana, we'd love to have your company on our journey! I'm glad you are coming back to Core. It's a successful program if you can manage to "get" the satisfaction thing downpat.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #4  

I remember in my 1st time using it I was very worried about breakfast (I usually do Bran Flakes w/milk, a Kashi GoLean waffle or a whole wheat Engl. muffin). I did OK with Shredded Wheat, oatmeal and my fave. hot cereal--Hodgson Mills 5 grain. I have some really good strawberries and lots of no-sugar frozen fruit so I feel ready to go with the hot cereals. I also make soy sausage.

For lunches, I'm going to get canned fish again--sardines and herring. I did much better when I ate a good amount of protein with my lunch.

Thank heavens fat-free half and half is OK. I need my morning coffee!

Wishing everyone a good weekend--
Old 10-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #5  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Elana you just made my day! I did not know FF half & half was OK. This is only my 5th day on the Core plan and I have been using skim milk in my coffee which is not quite rich enough for me. I will be stopping to get FF creamer today. I am so happy I switched plans because now I'm eating so much better and feelinig so much more energetic without all the sugar in my diet. Before I was using way too many pts on junk food.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I hate to be a party pooper but FF half and half isn't Core. I think it has sugar added. Now having said that I think I measured it into my coffee for iced coffee one time and it came out to no points or just 1 point. It's funny, I drink my hot coffee black but my iced coffee must have cream and equal.

Now some would say not to worry about the points from this depending on how much you drink a day. It really just depends on how "hard" Core you want to be. If you aren't losing and aren't counting points for this, then you might want to rethink your decision.

Again, I don't mean to be the Core police. I just want you to have all the information so that you can make an informed decision.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Thanks for the clarification Vickie. I did buy it yesterday but will count the pts from now on.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #8  

This surprises me, b.c. I got my orientation to Core from a regional manager. I specifically asked about the f/f half and half because I rely on it for starting my day on a good note.

I think I will stick to what I learned at my meeting, but I could certainly be wrong.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #9  

Sometimes I think the disconnect comes from them saying that all FF dairy is Core. When you look at the specific food list though (the one in the week one booklet), FF half-and-half isn't checked. If ALL FF dairy was Core, I would be a happy kid because I like FF cream cheese mixed with salsa to dip my veggies in. As it is, I have to resort to FF sour cream.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #10  

I agree about the ff sour cream, tho. I have found a brand I can deal with. I also like the Greek strained nonfat plain yogurt--gives a lot of good flavor to dips.

My 1st day back on Core was pretty tough--I didn't plan out the food enough ahead of time and when I got very hungry late afternoon (after a pretty hard cardio. workout), I ended up starting on cheese (low-fat but not nonfat!) and crackers until I switched to a nice Granny Smith apple. And then there was also that nf mocha this morning after my WW meeting.

Resolutions for tomorrow:
Go to the 6:30 boot camp class
Eat small amounts every 3 hours so I don't make non-Core choices from being too hungry
Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #11  

Elana, don't forget that if you're wanting to maintain your loss, then you actually get more WPAs. You could incorporate the cheese and half-n-half and still be okay.

I'm sure you know this, since you're in meetings, but it's just something to keep in mind.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #12  

I'm on the same track from being flex flex flex to core core core. I use to love counting the point when it was the Winning Points Range. But when the switch to Flex I just didn't adapt well to the new way of counting the points. Then when they came out with core - I didn't try it because I was a chicken LOL afraid of eating too much etc. But now that I'm doing core I can't get myself to go back to flex. I've tried and had the same problem I eat too much unhealthy stuff. So, this is my first week back on core and eating healthy.

I'm with ya!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #13  

Question WPAs during Maintenance/Lifetime

Hi Kathy and everyone--
Can you pls. clarify from your last post about getting additional WPAs if I am done w/the weight loss part of the program.

I assumed it was the same 35 WPAs for any member. I've been Lifetime a long time (almost 2 years) so I remember adding back the additional daily points when I was doing Maintenance on Flex. Are there other points for now?

Sign me--
Confused
Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #14  

I'm sorry for the delay in answering. I just now saw this.

From what I understand (from two different leaders at two different places) for maintenance you get another 28 points per week in addition to the 35 that everybody gets. That averages out to 9 pts per day.

If that's wrong, or has changed, maybe someone will come here and correct me. Hopefully it's not an urban legend!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 PM   #15  

That's what I heard too.
Closed Thread