Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #1  

Default Core Success Stories

Hey Everyone!

Well I have lost 75 lbs on flex and haven't been to a meeting in a while. I'm going back this week. I really want to try Core but I'm a little nervous about it. I've counted points for so long. I'm getting bored and need a change.

So, here is my questions for all you Core people. How do you like core? What has your success been on core and how much have you lost one core?

i need some inspiration to get back on track - so please don't be shy about sharing your story.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure if JadedJane will see this, so I'm linking to a post where she told her story.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...18&postcount=6

As for me, I lost 12 pounds in the first three weeks that I started Core in fall of 2004. That pretty much put me near my goal and I've maintained since then. My WW goal was 145, but my personal goal was 135 and I'm still working toward that.

I continued to journal and keep an eye on my portions and calories (or points) during the last few years. Being at goal is dangerous in that a little overeating can throw you back into a gain in a hurry.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

There are lots of success stories. I'm still working on mine. 45 down and 120 to go and all on Core. I love the program because it takes the pressure off and I'm not starving like I was on Flex from making poor choices. It forces us to make good choices for life and get used to listening to our bodies.

I hope our Angela posts here. She reached goal on Core and is definitely a success story.

Good luck and huge congratulations on your tremendous loss to date!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  

Thank you so so much. This is the kind of inspiration I was looking for. Getting to goal and actually achieving goal. You guys keep up the good work. I started following the core program today. So far so good - it seems like it will be really good, non stressfull and full of good foods.

Keep the inspiration coming all I'd love to hear more. Katpo thanks for the link I'm going to check it out now.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #5  

Katpo I just read JadedJane's story - Wow talk about inspiring. Thanks for that link.
Thanks again
Old 10-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #6  

I reached Lifetime doing Core...I lost right around 50 pounds. I'm currently up about 10 from there, but battling it back down. Core really works if you religiously follow the program and give it the time it requires.

Congrats on the 75 you've lost already! Way to go!

Angela
Old 10-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats on losing 75 pds!

I started WW this time in Sept 2004 when Core was just introduced. I never did flex this time - loved not having to write things down or weigh and measure. For me, core really fit in well with my lifestyle. I love to cook and found it easy to modify recipes to make them core. I lost 40pds and reached goal in May 2005 and got to lifetime in June 2005. I continue to follow core for the most part - over the past year and 1/2 I've gained about 8 pds back which I'm now working to lose.

I also eat out 2-3 each times a week, I find it easy to eat out and stick to core. Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone! Great inspiration. I did pretty well today my first day on core. It wasn't as hard as I thought but I definately need to get my butt back to a meeting. It's amazing they tell you it's easier to do when you go to the meetings but I figured "I can do it on my own" WRONG! At least for me.

Thanks again everyone
Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra and I agree that meetings are essential. I just got my butt back a few weeks ago. It is definitely helping.

Congratulations on your first day. Don't forget to drink a lot of water. It seems to be even more important on Core than on Flex. I think Corers need more water to flush all that fiber through!
Closed Thread