Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Week Off

Does it help to take a couple of weeks off to maintain weight, and then start exercising again?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

I have maintained for a week, despite not exercising at all and being TOM. I am actually quite happy about that. I have also fixed my running machine good and proper which means it should now hold out for the 8 weeks solid I am going to have to run to make my 12lb additional loss by xmas.

Fingers crossed, anything is possible, hopefully this week will have helped to kick start it.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

I think this is a great idea just like cycling daily calorie intake is a great idea. I have heard of people who set their first goal at 10% body weight loss and then maintain for a month... then another 10% then maintain etc. I think its really healthy and gives your body time to adjust. I mean think about it... your body has to make significant physiological changes to adjust to the losses in fat etc. Your organs and muscles and skin have to literally relocate themsleves to accomodate the changes! All of this takes time and I think throwing in some maintenance weeks is really, really wise. However for me I would not stop tracking food intake and I certainly would not stop exercising. For me regular exercise is such a huge challenge and when I stop it is HORRIBLE to start back up. I would increase my calorie intake to a maintenance mode and enjoy some yummy food while still being on your program. I think this is smart during vacations, holidays, etc. as long as you still follow a program of calorie tracking and exercising.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:55 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

I am starting again 2mora with the 140lb goal to achieve by xmas! Originally it was 147lbs, so anywhere between these I shall be happy with.