Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #170 Turtles getting ready for fun!

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 10-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #2  
Chick

this is the one folks! I messed up and tried to edit the last #170. Then I thought it hadn't been posted, so I did a new one. So sorry!
Judy
Old 10-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Judy, Judy, Judy...what are we going to do with you????

How's everyone this morning? Not bad here. Taking a hiatus from my house to take care of th sisters' children at Jen's. I don't know what is worse. My house is a wreck. We're putting a laminate floor in the family room. Total chaos. Plus to spice things up a bit...Hubby found a really cute puppy at the pet store. He came home with us on Sunday ( a 9 week old Cockapoo). Talk about a little ball of fur. Him and Simon get along good so now our little dachsie won't be lonely. I'd hate to imagine what they are doing right now though.

Back to the art of homework. Then its almost time to make some lunch for the little bumpkins. I think I'll hava a salad if my sister has any left. Nothing looks good in the cupboard.

chris
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

Just wanted to stop by quickly and see how everyone is doing. It is pretty cold here lately... mother nature has brought us cold weather sooner then normal so we are all running for our coats and hats... But it is really sunny out today so that is a pleasent change.

How is everyone else doing?

Susan
Old 10-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

Hey Susan and Judy and all you turtle gals.

Been another busy day in my life. I wanna know when I get to take some time for myself. I am just dying to do something just for me.

Its late and I wanna go soak in the tub before bed. I'll check in tomorrow and hopefully be able to report that I was an angel and stayed OP and out of the candy for the day.

chris
Old 10-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #6  

Default Morning all!

Good morning everyone! Well it is a rainy day here in Indy and it is supposed to be this way for a while so I guess it is indoor activities for the weekend. Nothing new here really... just trying to stay on plan and motivated to exercise when I am supposed to. It is hard to believe that Christmas is only two months away, seems like the summer went so fast this year.

Chris: Love those late evening hot baths! They are my favorite way to wined down at the end of a long day.

Judy: How are you doing?

How is everyone else doing these days? Check in when you can!
Susan
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #7  
Chick

Chris,
You are so busy. Now exactly how did your dh think a puppy would add to serenity and peacefulness in your home? LOL. You know what? I bet the puppy helps you all have a good attitude because he's so lively. Good luck with all you do. That late night soak sounds heavenly. I've got to remember to do that more often.

Princess,
Glad to have you chiming in. I know you'll figure out indoor activities to help you through this turn of weather. Good luck at the scale this week. : Do you think back to what your co-worker said and smile about how you inspired her?

There's a gal in my WW's group who is ignoring the total amount of weight she is/has lost. She just looks at her weekly WI, if it's down, she's happy and keeps on going on. I think she's got something there.She has been pretty bitter in the past complaining about how losing 1/2# a week is much too slow. Then her weight went up! SHades of me! I was so discouraged yesterday. I have been back at WW's since 2000. How embarrasing! Honestly, I could kick myself. This seems like an endless struggle. This week I lost one pound which is good, but not great when you consider I had eaten poorly for two weeks and had gained almost two. So, for the last 8 weeks, I have lost two pounds. Now my new self is coming up and over the hump and saying, that's okay. You're moving in the right direction.
Family Halloween Party this weekend. It's a huge deal. About 30 people, lots of very scary decorations ala my dh and great food ala me. Now I am making an effort to eat the foods that are on Core and I'm adding fruit as a alternative to the sweeter desserts. Good for me. cheer:

Ariana and Mousie, please chime in when you can.
Bandit, I can tell you're doing great this week.
Best to all,
Judy
Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Just chipping away at things up here & trying to behave with my eating.

My bf is campaign manager for upcoming election so there is lots of sociallizing etc. I am passing on the dinner tonight & meeting them all afterwards for the debate.

All you turtles sound like you are pretty staying OP so here's a big CHEER
for everyone! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Well today stunk! I managed to get into a fight with my dad at work and now he's not talking to me. All over a stupid phone message I took regarding some candy a gal was wondering if he could get. I told her that I'd have him call her back and then I just jotted down the candy info on the phone message after I hung up. He assumed I told her we could get it and the price and everything so he blew up and I got upset. He told me not to get so upset and I told him he didn't need to yell at me and then he said he wasn't yelling yet, but he was dam* close to it. He didn't give me a chance to explain the note before he had it all formulated in his head what he thought I did. So I almost walked out and off my job and have been crying off and on all afternoon and feeling depressed. My dad is a hard man to get along with sometimes. I can guarantee he will NEVER apologize. Monday ought to be just fun x 10....

Praying that tomorrow goes better for me and for all of you ladies that are struggling. Looks like most of you are doing pretty good though. Have a great night!

chris
Old 10-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  

Default Happy Halloween All!

Morning all. Well I went yesterday to get the halloween candy for tonight and I was able to find these little animal cracker prepackeged treats that are only one point per bag so I grabbed a bag of them and that way I can snack on one and not dip into the chocolate stuff that we are going to give out to the trick or treaters

W/I on Saturday did not get well... up 1.4 but it was that TOM so I expected it but for some reason I was hoping that it would not show... silly me!

I need to break this cycle that I am on right now as I am gaining and loosing the same 2 or 3 lbs each month and basically chasing my own tail... frustrating! I think that I need to revisit the Wendy plan again and kick start my body again. I know I need to exercise more as I have really let that slip on the weekends.

Have to run... I have to take my son to the Orthodontist this morning for the initial consultation... now that should be fun when they show me the bill!

Susan
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #11  
Chick

Princess,
You're right--TOM brings about a weight gain regardless of what we did the previous week. I know my leader always talks about shaking it up when the same weight gets lost and found in a month. I'd love to hear how you do on the Wendie plan. I think it's worth a shot, even if you only do it for a few weeks. Ariana has been very successful on it. I know how much you want to get this weight off, so here's a to help you!

Chris,
sorry your Dad exploded. I'm sure all is settled by now. Take it easy, let us know how your weight loss program is working out.

My dh and I had a wonderful Halloween party over the weekend. The costumes were fun and we had about 30 people here. Really great. We've been doing this now for about 10 years and people really look forward to it.
He sets up a spooky basement and we have decorations all over the house as well. As far as food, it could have been better, but it wasn't awful and I got right back on track. If I gain this week, I know I can knock it off next week. I need a challenge for exercise. Right now I promise I will get on the treadmill twice this upcoming week. I know it would shake up my weight loss.
I'm leary because I hurt my hip last year, but I was able to swim this summer and I have to just do it! I should be able to tell how I'm doing and not overdo.
So, there you have it!
Judy
Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy Halloween, all you Turtles!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #13  

Morning all, well Trick or Treating went well, got rid of most of the candy which is a good thing. We had some really cute little monsters show up so it was fun even if it was cold here.

I exercised last evening and that went really well, it really felt good and I changed it around a bit and did the elipitcal first and then the treadmill followed by the tummy exercises and I found that it worked out much better that way.

I have my yearly check up and mamogram today... I am very much ready to talk to my doctor about somethings that I have been experiencing lately... I swear it is menopause but every time I have tried to talk to her about it she tells me a I am too young but I doubt that and since trading in this body for a newer model is not an option I need some answers that will at the very least make me feel better and be able to sleep a bit better.

How is everyone else doing?

I will check back in later on.

Susan
Old 11-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #14  

Hello ladies...I've missed a lot...I'm not even going to try and catch up, I'm just going to jump back into the fray.

I'm frustrated right now, because it's the dreaded Day After Halloween, and I seem to have lost 90% plus of my willpower. It's tough seeing candy everywhere, and I know I'm whining, but oh dear god, why do the skinny people (and those that are indifferent/happy with their weight) have to bring so much d*mn candy to work? I can avoid it in the grocery, I can avoid it in my apartment, it isn't at the gym, I can even avoid it in the mall (I'm starting to feel like Dr. Seuss here), but it seems so much harder to avoid it at work. Maybe it's because work, although I love it, is the most stressful part of my day, and so my body goes twitching after the candy for a quick fix to my stress. <sigh>

I've been inching downwards these last three weeks, down .2, down .6, down .2. Of course, this last week was my birthday, and I was at home for four days, so I'm probably up again. And as I'm sure you've heard before, my willpower is at an all-time low when I'm at home, and my family offers me junk food. I was better this time, not good, but better; I guess, as long as I get better at managing it every time I go home (to Phoenix), then that's a victory of sorts. I also fell on the stairs outside my apartment on Monday, tweaked my ankle, and wasn't able to workout while I was in Tucson, before I went home. <sigh>

I think that my real problems are:
1) I don't count points. It's so tedious, and I'm just like a depressive, taking my medicine (or in this case, counting points), and it works out and I lose weight, and then I get overconfident, and stop using the book and keeping close track, and that works for a little while, lulling me into a false sense of security, and then it slips away from me and I'm maintaining or yo-yoing in a small range (up 1, down 1, up 1.5, down 1, etc.) Counting points is so tedious, but I guess I don't have any choice. Maybe I should get one of this electronic planners and start keeping track of my points on there. It would be easier to carry with me. And I love gadgets. But I have credit cards to pay off. <sigh> Either way, I have to go back to tracking, even on the weekends. I know I probably shouldn't complain -- I've lost lmost 50 pounds, I'm almost 2/3rds of the way there, but I swear to god these last 28 pounds are going to kill me! (Well, no, melodrama there, but I'm frustrated.)

2) I have a hard time resisting junk food at work and at home -- I need to go back to my 5 pm candy plan, one piece, count it, and eat it at 5 pm. It's worth a shot, although I'm open to any and all suggestions.

SO. Tomorrow. Point book. Continue working out. Keep tracking points. And I will try and make it in here at least once a day during the week, even if work is insane. I can't promise, but I will try. You ladies are very helpful, so supportive...thanks for letting me blow off some steam and frustration.

Con Gran Carino/With Great Affection,
Ari
Old 11-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess,
I am so happy that you got your exercise in gear . Weigh to go!

Ariana, right now I can feel your pain. No kidding. You can do this. If the electronic tracker is a little out of your price range right now, how about the speedtrack in your booklet WW gives each week? Lots of my friends on Flex use it because they don't like to journal. Another quicky--just keep a running record on any piece of paper. Tally your points and when you hit the target for the day, stop or use part of the 35 points. Of course another option is to switch to Core for a week or two to change things up completely and do away with counting points. I don't have trouble with Core. I have trouble when I go off Core. LOL, but not very funny. You are tremendously successful and you can do this. Even when it's tough keep on posting here because I think that helps you keep on track. As far as the stupid candy, try chewing noncaloric gum while at work and drink tons of water. You have so many good habits that I know you can do this.

I threw away today and it's sooooo weird. I feel like I want to weigh 130# and I don't want to do the work. I need a huge attitude change and it's up to me to do it. Skipped WW's WI and mtg. which is never a good sign. I'm in a lazy stupor right now and I swear it's because of carbs. I've eaten too many today. I will give you a better report tomorrow. IN the meantime, all of you do well, be happy and take care.
Love
Judy
Closed Thread