Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 06:08 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default Former chub clubbers-NEW YEAR!!!

EAT LESS MOVE MORE

Hey girlfriends! Did you get through the holidays okay? I am for one, damn glad they are over! I really don't like them much. Too much hype, way too much work. And plus, no snow! Kinda sucks. Am off to go for a walk. Wanted to go earlier but was talked into Starbucks instead. I was good. Gingerbread coffee with soy milk, one sugar. Now it is overcast. I won't complain, could be raining or windy or below freezing.

Well, we should make mini goals for us to do. Like walk 20 miles and we will tell each other how we are progressing daily. Or try to eat 3 veggies a day for a week, or do an exersice video every other day. Something...together. What do you think? Or 50 crunches before we log on to the puter each day....

The boca spicey chicken patties aren't too bad. If you are interested in that kind of thing. ~audri
Old 01-03-2002, 11:22 AM   #2  
you can call me flower

Where are you guys! Thought we were gonna get serious!!! I posted on the old thread that a new one had been started so that isn't the problem. I walked each day of 2002. Scale is to 181 today.

Grif's doc said we will need dermobration and laser treatment for sure in a year. We will take it from there. He is teething right now. He gets teeth in groups of 3-4. He had 4 till he was 13 months, then he got 3 more, then 3 more and now he is getting even more. Poor kid.

When is holiday break over? My kids need to go back to school!!! (the 7th) I watched the princess diaries last night. Very cute.

Come out and post!!!! ~audri
Old 01-03-2002, 11:32 AM   #3  

I'm still here! We had a good time in NH. Didn't do too much but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. A little after midnight on New Years, Donnie went down to the pond (it's finally frozen) and lit fireworks, they were good. The neighbors seemed to enjoy them, also people from the next pond over sounded like they liked them too.

I did crunches yesterday and did good with the food. I have kickboxing tonight so that will be a good workout. I'm sure he will make us work hard to make up for the holiday.

Poor Grif and Audri. Hope things start going good for the both of you soon.

Let's all start to eat less and move more this new year.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:40 AM   #4  

Default I think I have the flu.

Hope Grif feels better.

Not feeling real well so I will check back later.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:49 AM   #5  
you can call me flower

What's the matter KareFRee??? Anything serious? Emotional or physical? We are coming down with a cold here. But colds go away. I am gonna take an hour walk in a bit. Chris must wake up first. He got off work at 4:30am.

I had my annual girlie exam on Thursday and the NP noticed a few extra heart beats. She says I should go get them checked out, but mom says she has them too and she wants to see if I get this job at the Rio so It is not a preexisting condition. I emailed the Rio yesterday and I should know something this time next week. If it is a no, we are gonna look for work in another town. I need a chance.

Sandy, glad you are on the band wagon with me! Mailwhale should be here. She said she would be here with bells on after the 3rd!!!!

Tootles~audri
Old 01-05-2002, 11:45 AM   #6  

Hello, and Happy New Year!

Did I say after the third???? lololololol, How about Monday? Actually, I've been "good" starting as of the third, although no exercise, except climbing up and down a ladder... Yea! we finished painting the entry, dinning room and kitchen!!!! Oh, and I love it! It is a really nice way to kick off the new year with a fresh coat of paint and a finished project! (I painted the living room and 1/2 of the dinning room 15 months ago and all this is open to the kitchen and entry with vaulted celings so now the whole space looks complete.) If you didn't know, you would think we just painted them white, but it is a very soft peach/pink tinted white and it adds so much warmth to the room and the oak woodwork. It is really amazing that it changes the color so much, but it really does. The halls going up and down stairs still have the old flat white which really takes on a greenish/yellowish/greyish tint plus 8 years of scuff marks. Those go next! Anyway, I am really pumped up about it, and can't snack much while I'm doing it.

I finally got that darn peacock done last week in time to put it up for a four year olds birthday...really does look great, and lots of compliments so hopefully he and the storks and vultures will be out and about lots in 2002! I am really gonna put major effort into that this year, and shedding the second 1/2 of this weight problem. I will weigh in and take measurements either tomorrow or Monday. My mini goals will be each 5 pounds lost, and my basic plan is just to start acting like a healthy person again...to like myself enough to take better care of myself. Stop cold turkey the binge game and drop the nearly nightly beer thing. I can just unwind with a green tea...that has just become a real stupid habbit. And back to daily exercise...I enjoy it so, I'll just do it!

I think if I looked up my resolutions from last year...they would be the same as this year....but I've already got that painting of the main floor checked off! This year, they'll all be checked off by July 1st, then I can make new goals for the second 1/2 of the year, won't that be fun!!!!!
Old 01-06-2002, 11:54 PM   #7  

Happy New Year, everyone!
I've been reading all your posts here and sounds like we're all about ready for 'new beginnings'. Audri, do hope your job situation works out good for you this year.. and that Gif is recovering well. Mailwhale, your business sounds like it's off on a good start.. plus, you've got a great idea of making these first goals just half-year... seems so much more do-able. I'll be posting mine, soon. Karefree, hope you get to feeling better... stuff's been going around here, too.. but thankfully I haven't caught it yet... just keep pushing the vitamins, so maybe they're working! Sandy, sounds like you're on the right track ready.. and what a nice way to spend the holidays- in NH! New Year's eve we watched the fireworks a club of hikers set off on the top of Pike's Peak... what a sight! It was so cold.. Ijust can't imagine anyone doing that every year, but guess it's a tradition.

I'm leaving CO tomorrow for OR.. will be there thru Mar 16.. then back here for a week before returning to TX. Hopefully by then will know better where I'll be settling down/working. I'm needing to get back to work, so have updated my resume. Scary having to start over again. My computer's in TX, but will be able to connect at a library so will be staying in touch. Am using my kids, here.. has been nice.

Thanks to all of you for the snailmails.. loved hearing from you, and I'll be responding, soon. TTYS! Love, J
Old 01-07-2002, 09:43 AM   #8  
you can call me flower

Winter vacation is over! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!

Scale says 180. I have to get ready for work, just wanted to stop in and say hi! ~audri
Old 01-07-2002, 12:53 PM   #9  

Default I think I am getting or have gotten a cold....

hope it is nothing more. I am feeling a little better. Have been pushing the herb teas.

I am thinking about looking into WW. I don't know what else to do. I can't restrict any food (carb or low fat) anymore. Paul will revolt!

Itsworthit, weren't you interested in WW. I don't necessarily want to join. I just want to understand the program.

Well, I am running (if only that weren't figurative) for now. It is cold down here!

TTYL,
Karen
Old 01-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #10  

Karefree, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Audri, good luck with the job hunt.

Itsworthit, have a safe trip to OR.

Mailwhale, it I hope your business does good this year.

Sounds like we are all getting back on track again. I started using my treadmill again yesterday. I'm starting off slow again. I have kickboxing twice a week so that is a big help. I am doing pretty good on my water again, now I have to concentrate on what I put in my mouth.

Keep moving, girls!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:29 PM   #11  

Well, I started the week at 176, ick, and there I seem to have stayed... not the big start I was hoping for, but I have walked 3 days and did weights the other 2, so that did start. But I hope to add better food choices and then with the exercise...I should be on my way...oh, and the water....

Got my sewing room organized and clean....it had just become the junk-catch all mess of the house! I save boxes and packaging materials for when I eventually need them to ship things myself....but good grief....I'll never use all the bubble pack, peanuts and tissue that I'd tossed in there! Let the kids pop the extra bubble pack...they had fun and restricted my self to 2 large boxes of this type of thing....still too much I'm sure.... and put it out in the garage.

Have a good weekend....behave and be healthy!
Old 01-12-2002, 03:28 PM   #12  

Hello from sunny Central Oregon! I'm teaching my mom how to use the library's computer so won't have much time to reply today, but wanted to say Hi to you all. Keep up 'moving more, eating less'! Will check in later on...
Have a great weekend! Hugs!
Old 01-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #13  
you can call me flower

Hi. I haven't been dieting or excersicing. I doubt I have gained weight though. I am so stressed out. I need a vacation. I am waiting patiently for the Rio to say yes or no so I can get on with my life. I had an interview on Monday (phone one) and a real interview on Friday with the Great Indoors. They said they would call for sure Tomorrow to set up a 2nd interview for either Monday afternoon, Tuesday or first thing Wednesday. She liked me, she said I would be interviewing for both florals and visual merchandising. I think Visuals pays better.

The other thing that is bugging me, is that there is some girl at Chris's work that has the hots for him. It is so hard to be mature and realize that he loves me and this will blow over. Where do women get off trying to take something that does not belong to them???? We have been together 5 years now. Ugh! Anyways, don't comment on this, cause I am trying to forget it and my green eyed monster that is in my heart and all the yucky images I have of him leaving me for her and all the stuff I will do to them if that happens! I need some more self confidnece, and it wouldn't hurt if I could lose some weight so I don't feel so frumpy!!!! ~audri
Old 01-15-2002, 12:36 PM   #14  

Hmmm, I'm thinking my last post must have become it's own thread.

Taz has started yet another board, this time on MSN, so I have been visiting there a bit too. This is what I posted today...

Motivation by Meditation

I’ve done a lot of thinking about my lack of motivation for the past 16 months and where that has and has not taken me. I really don’t know how I found the will to make the progress I did for the 20 months before that…I just had it and I think sustained it with the help of my cyber pals. Results also kept me motivated to continue on. But then, I lost my way. There was my computer problems, feet problems, there was a move, change of routine, new town, new insecurities, 6 weeks of family and so… from August 2002, to January 2001 I totally worked myself out of all my good habits, found old bad ones, started new bad ones and spent all of 2001wondering when I would pull my head out of the sand. I don’t think I can spend all of 2002 the same way and see any results. And I want results, namely replacing unhealthy habits with healthy ones again because it makes me feel so much better about myself. And the weight comes off as well. So the question is, How will I get motivated again?

I think that I could build motivation by meditating about it and praying for it. It is not my “thing” to pray to God, asking for weight to fall off me…this is not God’s job, but mine. Yet I can pray for strength, and meditate on how I am going to face the daily challenges that are a part of making healthy habits. And I can meditate on my own self image and how consiously making choices through the day effect my self image. Perhaps it is an Oprah kind of influence, but I just feel I need to set aside some time for building this thing called motivation so that I can procede with my goals. Additionally, I think stretching is a great way to get the mind in touch with the body. So…. it is my plan to start each day with about 10 minutes of stretching, meditation and prayer. I think it would be a nice way to end the day as well, and might be very helpful in the late afternoon when I tend to engage in some real destructive munching. I invite anyone to join me, we can include each other in our intentions and perhaps have a “meditation thread”

I started this morning and feel more peacful and in control… it is only 9:30a.m. on the west coast though! Who is with me in building motivation?

Anyway...that is my current plan! So Audri, I hope your life is calming down, word from the Rio? Hang in there!
Old 01-15-2002, 05:57 PM   #15  

Hello ladies. The new board that Taz has set up is more like the old one we used to have. Now I have to get used to another new board. You all should check it out.

I've been having trouble getting online lately, so I will write fast.

I'm still doing good with my exercise and water. Two out of three isn't too bad, I guess. I have kickboxing tonight. A new session started last week and it is quite crowded, I enjoy it more when there is less people. At least my daughter is on one side of me so I don't have to worry if I kick or punch her.

Take care everyone and keep moving!
Closed Thread