Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default I've Fallen, and I Can't Get Up!

I'm so frustrated! The past few weeks have not been good, food wise or anything... I just seem to get so discouraged! I fluxuate in my measurements weekly and it makes me feel like I've not lost anything, one day I'm down 2 inches, and the next week they are back. I've not lost any weight, but instead gained. I've done the calorie counting thing, but it's just not working for me. I don't know what to do anymore, and I'm about ready to just throw the towel in an say "Who gives a crap!" I've been doing this for 9 months and have only 16 Lb's to show for it! I don't understand! Granted that's 16Lb's better then I was...but what about all these other people that have been doing it for the same period or shorter that have lost over 30 Lb's....My hubby is VERY unsupportive of this, and makes it that much harder. I have a really low self-esteem, and self confidence, and the way he is and his lack of support make me feel worse about myself, not better, and I feel like I'm just a failure at everything...life in general! I'm just soo frustrated.... Why do I bother???
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #2  

First, 16 pounds is great! Also, please do not compare your weight loss to anyone else. (I know, easier said than done.)

Second, I am sorry to hear that you are not receiving the support you need from your husband. How about not discussing weight loss issues with him?

Third, I totally understand what you mean about self esteem issues. Just rememeber that you are so much more than the number on the scale or the size of your jeans. Focus on your strong qualities, accomplishments, and things of that nature. At least that's what I try to do when my weight gets me down.

Keep your head up, hun!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #3  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Having less weight to lose and starting at a lower weight are going to make you lose slower. I can't understand about the husband though. I don't think I could be with anyone like that.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You've lost over 10% of your starting weight!!!!! You just didn't have as much to lose. Also, are you sure you aren't at a healthy weight already? Either way, the last pounds are hard.

As for measurements, are you sure you do them the same each time?

Finally, is this about a number on a scale? Or about how healthy you are? How well you fit in your clothes? How strong and fit you are? The scale can be helpful, but it is only a tool -- one tool among many -- for measuring progress!

You're doing great!!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You bother because you are WORTH it. And you are not doing this for your husband - you are doing this for YOU. It must suck having an unsupportive husband but you mustn't let that get you down. Screw him. And sixteen pounds is sixteen pounds. Hang in there.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #6  
Stop the INSANITY!

S/C/G: ?/NO WAY/ 165

Height: 5'6"

REMEMBER ALL THE KEY ELEMENTS TO BEING HEALTHY - exercise, portions, self-worth, sleep, living each moment, setting goals along the way, forgiving yourself, and keeping on going!

Keep your head up HIGH.... you can continue to do it.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #7  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Over the past 9 months-not only have you lost 16 lbs but you haven't gained the 5-7 lbs the average woman gains a year! Next week, next month, and next year are going to come regardless-wouldn't it be nice to weight less regardless of how much less it is?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well I don't know what your weight is now or anything but 16 pounds is better than before! You say you are cal counting and that is good but make sure they are not empty cals. Like stuff that is bad for you. Try to make it as nutritionally good for you as possible! Have you seen this yet?

Womens Nutrition Health Guide

Good luck!!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:17 PM   #9  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone! I think I need to try something else. The problem for me with calorie counting is that I always forget to put it in a journal. I started a fitday thing and Only did it for 2 days before I stopped putting things in it, cause it was such a hassle! Maybe I'm just too lazy! It's just a pain to figure everything out. I'm not sure what to try. I have nobody here to keep me accountable or say "Let's go for a walk even though you don't want to!" My personal life has effected my mood and my focus alot lately, and it seems like that takes up all my energy and that when I finally do have time for myself, the last thing I want to do is exercise, but instead have a bath and go to bed cause I'm so emotionally drained. I also found out that I actually have'nt lost 16 Lb's but instead 4 Lb's!!!!! I asked my doctor when I was there today what my weight was in February, and it turns out that I didn't lose as much as I have thought that I did...which also means that my Mom's scale is WRONG!!!! So that made me feel even worse! I'm about ready to pull my hair out!!!!!! LOL!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Amanda, honey, I know that you have been working hard, and that is an accomplishment in intself. I would say that If you have lost 16 pounds according to the scale that you hve been using for the last 9 months, that is what you need to go by.
When taking your measurements make sure you do it in the same place each time, it makes a big difference.
Maybe you should check in with your doctor and talk about your weight loss issues. Ask him for a healthy diet plan, I know my doctor has several that he reccomends.
It is important that you do this for yourself. I know it is hard to find the motivation and/or energy to workout, but the hardest step is the first step.
Closed Thread