Old 10-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #1  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Default WINNING LOSERS WEEK OF OCT. 15th-21st

okay guys someone kick me i didnt start my 21 day challenge today so i think i may have to drop it down to a 7 day or 10 day challenge and work myself up to 21 day just a start still trying to get the details straight how is everyone? miss you guys
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Hey Everyone!

Hey gals,

Sorry I havent posted, i have been so busy with homework or college stuff or friends, i barely get to see wut u are all doing. Hope everyone is good! I got a lil sidetracked this week with the food and ive been stayin up late doin hmwk so i cant seem to push myself outta bed at 6 a.m. but this week I need too.

We have a Pro-D Day (Professional Development Day) for teachers on friday so we get the day off and I am hopefully going to do a college tour (student for a day) thing on friday so we are going to leave on thursday after school and spend the night so i can go to some classes during the day and get a feel for the campus, so hopefully that works out. I will try and eat healthy this weekend.

Amanda-hope ur re-marriage goes well and congrats on it, i dont know if i have yet or not, i havent been on for so long.

Everyone else, hope yall r doin good, keep up the good work! miss ya tons!

Heather
needhelp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:44 AM   #3  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Lovelies!

Just wanted to start the week off by saying hello.
I won't be around as much anymore. I've decided that I need to devote more of my time to writing. I think I've mentioned before that I like to write children's stories. Do you ever have a now or never feeling? I feel that if I don't start really concentrating on my writing, and pursuing it, I'll lose more ground and won't be able to catch up.

So, please don't feel as if I've abandoned you all. I'll be reading your posts a couple of times per week and try to post at least once a week.

I hope you're all doing well. Have a great week everyone!!!

BTW, congrats on the lose Melissa!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning to everyone . Been busy last week and didnt stay on plan. I have to get back intoo the working out and eating right. Well I di something crazy this weekend I cut all my hair off now it is above my shoulders. The long hair was jest staying pulled up all the time and I got tired of my husband laying on it and pulling it so I had it all cut off.

I hope that everyone one is doing well and hope to hear from all you guys soon. My coffee pot is calling my name. Catchn you all later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #5  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday Morning!

Mia...I'm with ya, I havent started my 21 day challenge either. No good reason either other than not taking the time to sit down and write it out. Way to go on your exercise minutes!! You are doing GREAT!!

Heather!...so good to see you pop in! I'm sorry you are so busy I hope that means its keeping you out of trouble!! Thanks for the little update though! I hope you can find time to keep those up! We miss you!

Bonnie...Good Morning!! I cut all my hair off earlier this summer, and now I'm trying to decide if I want to grow it out again! Back on plan today lady!! Have a wonderful monday!

Well I'm off to have a wonderful day! My plate is running over again with PTA stuff and homework, not to mention my housework, but I'll be here when you need me! Heck I'll be here when ya dont LOL!! Support is such a HUGE component to successful weightloss, please dont forget that in your busy lives. Be strong today everyone!! Make every choice count towards your goals! We can do this!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #6  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

OMG I jest had a great breakfast and I wanted to share with everyone. I Bought some ground pork from walmart last night and I made some sausage from it. it was soooo Good .

Here it is ,

Biggest winner breakfast sausage

1/2 pound extra lean ground pork or pork tenderloin ground
1 Tbs minced red onion ( I used the crushed red peppers)
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
In a med bowl combined the pork , onion, garlic, thyme, sage, cayenne, black papper, and salt with clean hand or fork mix well divide into 4 egual parts . shape into a ball on a sheet of wax paper flatten on ball into 4in diameter . Can be refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.

To cook
Set your skillet over med high heat. until hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. take off heat and mist with olive oil . Set the patty in pan cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until just starting to turn brown and no longer pink in side. Serve immediately. I can say that I mixed a 1 1/2 pounds of this at once and I didnt add 1 TBS of the red peppers because I knew I couldnt do all that spice . I only added 1/2 .

I had
1 2oz sausage patty 140 calories
2 Egg Whites 40
1 Whole grain English muffin 130
1 Apple 80
------------
Total 390 calories
I bought the ground pork at walmart for 2.20$ a package it wasnt exactly what they recommend but I had to compromise. a full 4 oz patty was 290 calories. But this works for me. It was delicious too. Hope you guys try it. I will let you know when I try something else.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #7  
Melissa

Thanks for sharing the recipe Bonnie! I love sausage but havent allowed myself to have any!

~melissa
Old 10-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #8  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hello

I'm here I'll try to post later. Sorry
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #9  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone Amanda good luck on your writing

bonnie thanks for the recipe sounds great
well i ate okay not perfect yet im still working on my exercise and water
baby has been sick so im sleep deprived
anyway ill update later
i know everyone is busy but please remember we all worked too hard to fall back now so lets keep up the good work!
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #10  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Well I'm off to have a wonderful day! My plate is running over again with PTA stuff and homework, not to mention my housework, but I'll be here when you need me! Heck I'll be here when ya dont LOL!! Support is such a HUGE component to successful weightloss, please dont forget that in your busy lives. Be strong today everyone!! Make every choice count towards your goals! We can do this!!
Ain't this the truth!!! I know for me, if I can't get support I feel like I struggle twice as much. So I truly hope that everyone will be able to continue posting here to pitch in and also gain some motivational support for their own struggle. And like Melissa said, even when you don't need us, we'll be here anyways!! We're only a click away!!

So, hiya chicks. Sorry to have been MIA for days. I have just had a super nasty case of the blahs. Wednesday night I had to let my doggy go back to his original owner. That afternoon he got into a wicked fight with the dog upstairs. Long story, won't bore with the details, just that I took it very very very hard. Depression is such a nasty thing. I would never wish it on anyone. Not even my worst enemy. Ok. Well, maybe my MIL. Needless to say, I have fought to climb out of my hole and am finally feeling human again. Definitely have blown my dieting strategy to heck, but thats a whole other post. lol I had some bingeing days that were horrendous, so trying to not dwell on those and look to the future here and get on with it.

Melissa, I am so incredibly proud of your weight loss this past week. Simply fabulous! All you've got going on and you still managed to lose those pounds. What an inspiration. Not to mention, regardless of your busy schedule you always make some time for us, even if it's 2 min. just to drop a line and encourage us. Thanks for all you do here!

Mia, hiya hon! I hope the baby gets to feeling better quick. Poor thing. Good luck with that exercise and water. I know you can do it!

Amanda, well I'm bummed. To say that I wouldn't be sad to not see you here daily would be a lie. But I do understand that you gotta do what you gotta do. Take care and be good!!!

Bonnie, how ya doing lady! Sounds like you had a hectic coupla days, huh? I hope today is more normal for you so you can get back on track. I saw some ground pork at the grocery today and i thought of you and your sausage recipe. lol I hope you enjoyed it! Sounded YUM-O!

Heather, great to hear from you! I hope that everything's going alright with school & all. Take care and drop in whenever you get a chance!

Trish, hope everythings okay in your world today!

Well today has been a so-so day food wise. I ended up with a Subway sandwich and some chips for lunch after all my talk about doing things "right". Then I figured, it coulda been so much worse so I'm not worrying about it. However, dh and I cannot go grocery shopping together! lol The man is a lunatic when it comes to baked goods and snacks! I am gonna ditch him next time I swear I am! He's bad for me!

I sincerely hope that we'll have more of you drop in when you can. Newbies, if you're out there please let us know, we'd love to have you join us! I just can't believe what's happened to our little thread here.

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:08 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

Geesh, this trip is definitely NOT good food friendly. I'm just giving up until we get there. We should be off the road by Saturday. That will be nice. LOL We're having a very nice trip, but some days get long in the truck for 8-10 hours. The biggest glitch we had was that something happened to the computer and we had to call Dell and have it taken back to factory settings so we lost everything. It was not pretty. Plus, we didn't have use of it for about four days. But, all that matters is that is working now.

I caught something about a 21-day challenge...I'm in next week! Is everybody trying to start at the same time, or just whenever?

I hope you're all doing well.

Bonnie - that recipe looks really good!

I'm really looking forward to settling in again next week and getting down to business with all of you!
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #12  

Danielle - sorry about the dog. Depression is not pretty. Been there, done that. I'm glad you are out of your funk now and sounding very positive.
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #13  
Melissa

Good Morning losers! LOL! I hope everyone had a lovely Monday but we are moving on to Tuesday now! LOL!! I was pretty disciplined yesterday except that I forgot about my water! I sat at the computer doing fundraiser stuff for a good 6 hours yesterday and that whole time with no water bottle...shame! Today will be better. Today I have to get dressed up, I have a resume critique today, I havent had a resume since 1998 so its a little nerve racking wondering what these people are gonna say. I went last night to try on some blazers (I guess thats what you call em) and decided not to buy anything. Lord I'm tired of being fat!! Oh and i saw my mother last night she's lost 42 lbs now, she looks incredible. Although I saw her stuffing a hotdog into her mouth when I walked into her work, so I dunno how she's doing it! Anyway thats my inspiration, shes definetly alot smaller than me and I just cant have that! LOL!

Trish...hello!!! How's it goin?

Mia....I'm sorry to hear your baby is sick! I hope she's better today! Dont forget about taking care of yourself when taking care of her or you wont have anything left to give!

Danielle...I'm sorry to hear about the pup. Maybe you guys should go rescue a dog being as how good it was for your spirit and body. Thanks for the well wishes on my big loss last week lady, I can always count on you to be my #1 cheerleader!

Melody...traveling is so hard to stay on top of the good choices, the only thing you can do is make em where you can. And buckle down hard when you get settled. The 21 day challenge Trish introduced us to, she is doing great on it, I've yet to get my butt in gear and start it but I am going to! I swear I am! The good thing about it is that you can start whenever, we didnt have to start as a group.

Alright, shower time. Have a fantastic day everyone! Anyone lurking out there, hello! We'd love to hear from you!! Good choices today everyone! We can do this!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Morning!!! I am baaaaack!

Okay so camping sucked big time. I dont think I am going back out there for a loooong time. My dh took off on the bike I was going to ride crashed it and then the pipe was bent up into the seat.. so that was a no-go. Then.. It was so windy out there it wasnt even funny. I stayed friday night and left everyone on sat am. Well almost everyone. My sister went with me and so did one other girl.

Foodwise.. eh. Not so great. I am back today though. I am still sick! argh! I have not seen the gym in almost 2 weeks now. I suck. I had to go in to the drs and have some stuff (girly) done. Not fun. So now I am cramping from that now. If its not one thing its another, I swear. But one good thing out of all of this, is on my scale at home it is still saying low numbers! I was lower on the dr scale too! YAY! I havent wanted to update my ticker yet though just incase it was a strange fluke.

Danielle, so sorry about the dog! Hugs x Million!!! I am sorry to hear what you are going through. Been there done that too, and not that long ago. We are all here for you girly!

Mia, Sorry to hear about the baby being sick!!! That is always not fun.

Melissa, have a great time today! I am with you on the water thing. I need to get my butt drinking!!!!

Amanda, that is great that you are going to start doing something that you have wanted to! More power to you!! We will miss you, and I hope you will still pop on from time to time!

Melody, sorry to hear about the comp! But I am glad it got fixed! Have a safe trip the rest of the way!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #15  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

I swear, I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I haven't been able to focus on one thing today yet and it's driving me nuts! I think because the kids have a half day today its throwing me off somehow. All I know is, I've started like 4 projects since 7am and I am in the middle of all of them. My house looks like a tornado hit it! LOL Focus darnit!

Melody, it's great to hear from you!! I was hoping we'd get an update soon. Bummer about the computer. I hope you guys didnt lose pics or anything?! Can't wait til you guys are settled, will give you lots more time with us.

Stacia, what a bummer about camping!!! Great news about the scale though! Woo hoo!!! Even nicer to be even lower at the docs, gotta love that! I hope that you are feeling like yourself soon. I swear I was sick for about 4 weeks straight too, so I know what you're going through. Yeah, pretty bummed about the doggy!

Melissa, I will ALWAYS be your #1 cheerleader. Like it or not, you're stuck with me! Good golly woman, 6 hours in front of the computer?!?! I think I woulda needed something stronger than water to sit there like that. lol I know you will be brilliant at your critique today! Did you find anything new to wear? I cannot even believe how much your mom's lost, wow! What exactly is she doing? Especially if she can eat some hot dogs and lose weight? LOL You will get there lady, I know you will!

Girls, thanks so much for the hugs regarding my doggy situation. Yeah, I got real attatched. We bonded quickly and had a great time the short time he was here. I think maybe if his personality hadn't been so big and boisterous I wouldn't have grown so attatched & would've been alot easier to say goodbye, but he was such a doll.

Anyone heard of a book called Intuitive Eating? I am going to try and find it. I think I am finally done with dieting as a whole. Of course, I say that now, but probably won't be none too happy if I gain another 10 pounds! LOL I need to really find a way to get off this roller coaster I've been on for the last 5 years. I've dieted my way up to the highest weight I've ever been at, and it sucks. I'll let ya know what I find out about it.

Ladies, have a great day! I've got to run to the craft store and find a wooden dowel for DD's Union flag for school. The entire 7th grade is doing a reenactment of Gettysburg on Thursday and they all had to make flags, costumes and rifles,etc. Been a stressful week, not to mention quite spendy! But hey, as long as she looks good, right?! lol

Be good to you!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote