Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #1  

Default Week of Oct. 15

How is everyone? I made it to Boot Camp class this morning--debated for about 15 minutes but convinced myself to make it to class. I am going back to Flex this week--I did 2 weeks of Core; it was helpful in jumpstarting a loss and breaking some bad patterns.

My DD has a bad cold/cough and will be home from school tomorrow. I've been giving her a lot of orange juice; hope she'll be back in school Tues.

Here's to a healthy and OP week for us all!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I have two diet-related goals this week: to log everything I eat into FitDay, and, to read "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet". I don't think I would ever attempt an Adkins-style diet again (I only lasted a few days on it), but, I want to read this book and see what I can learn. I got a copy of it free through a book swap, so now I need to get to reading it!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  

Hi all!

Amy-Sounds like in interesting book, you'll have to give us a review.

Elana-Great job getting to the class, getting there is half the battle sometimes! I hope DD is feeling better!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Well it has been a miserable 2 days. I've had a migraine/bad headache since about lunchtime yesterday. I've taken so many meds that I feel strung out. I want to put my head through the wall. I'm waiting to get some meds from the pharmacy but my doc has to call through the script and she hasn't done that yet. I've called like every hour and I'm trying to stop myself from calling again because clearly it isn't helping. I've been taking Demerol even just to take the edge off the pain even though it doesn't get rid of the headache itself.

Anway...anyone watch the biggest loser last night? I was so inspired by the woman who got voted off, she's gone from a size 22 to a size 10 and she look awesome! It got me thinking about the sad effort I've been putting into losing weight. I was awake until about 2am this morning with this wretched headache and so I was thinking about losing weight to try and not think about the pain in my brain. One thing I was thinking, you know how people will say that it is harder to lose weight than say stop smoking because cigarettes are something you don't need to survive but we still have to eat to survive. Well I was thinking that it is all about choices. Like I'm doing myself good by having a healthy meal but it is no different than lighting up a cigarette if I decide to start eating a bag of chips. I never thought of it like this before and I think that it will be helpful to cut back on foods I know are not good for me.

Misty - could you give me that link again that you had for counting down how many days until your birthday? I meant to bookmark it but I forgot

Elana - great work getting to your class, how is dd doing? My ds is just getting over a cold as well, stayed home on Monday as well. He had a really, really bad cough, we had to get him some prescription cough syrup as he was just coughing and hacking all night.

Amy - how are you doing with your goals this week? Start reading that book again? It sounds like something I should read because I know carbs are my downfall.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #5  

Jen-I hope that headache goes away soon. How awful!!!!!!!
Here is the link.... http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html They have other date calculators too if you go to thier main page http://www.timeanddate.com/

My weightloss efforts have been in the toilet. I don't know what my deal is. I have no winter coat b/c I gave my old one away and my new one is too small. I can't afford another one. So I am making myself wear the new one I bought last year as inspiration. My latest plan is to go high protien, watch my refined startches and stick to my points. I'll be adding in exercise, which I clearly need to make a prority.

Life is coming at me so fast at the moment. I can't seem to keep up. Between work and family it's crazy. I keep thinking that it feels like I was shot out of a cannon and I am watching it all fly by. I'm not doing much at all for myself or even what I need to do for my family, it's like I am just making do until I can stop and breathe, but I never get to stop.

It seems to be stressing the kids out too b/c they are miserable. Fighting (phsyically and verbally) constantly. And I mean CONSTANTLY, DD will yell at her brother as they are falling asleep b/c he talks himself to sleep. So then he yells and cries. DD is in tantrum mode 24/7, DS screams at me all the time. I need to step back and calm it all down I think. DH has beens uper great abput helping me get the kids ready in the morning though, which has been so nice.

Well it's thundering here...and POURING! It's freaking the kids out so I better go. Have a great night everyone!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. The headache finally went away last night but I feel wasted today. Probably all the meds that are still in my system. I feel like I've been beaten, I think I was all tensed up with stress from the headache so every muscle feels sore.

Misty - thanks so much for the links. Sorry to hear that things are crazy but it is good that your husband is helping with the kids in the morning. I have no suggestions about the kids, I've only got the one so no advice about siblings fighting. My SIL has a similar problem, he boy is almost 3 1/2 and her little girl 1 1/2 and it sounds like they fight like cats and dogs.

Well I made it through the day yesterday with no simple carbs. I managed to have a healthy day in spite of my headache. There was one point in the evening I kept wandering in and out of the kitchen wanting to binge on cookies because of my headache, like sugar would have made it better! Also I drank a lot of water so as a result my weight is actually down like 1.5 lbs today! I know it isn't fat but it is nice to see the scale moving downward.

Take care all and have a great weekend!
Closed Thread