Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:03 AM   #1  

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1034

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:14 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone - Had alot of cleaning to do...moved out alot of unused crud from our bedroom and such. John and I were at that for 2.5 hours or so! I still got a walk in tonight though...short (21 minutes) but it was at 3mph (my usual is 2.5mph) so it felt alot longer, lol! My body felt like it was going at 6mph! I'm trying to vary my walks by sometimes going for distance, some duration, and some - like tonight - intensity...like pushing harder so that I do one of my normal routes in a faster time. My usual time for my route I did tonight is 25 minutes..cut 4 minutes off it! Yay! My weight has been going upa nd down between the same 2 pounds this week...so I don't know what's going on...maybe my "tweak" I made will help..we will see come Tuesday...I wanna move my ticker down finally!! Well I gotta go add my exercise minutes! Hope everyone is doing well...stay OP!!

Melissa
Old 10-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Mystery solved After a LOT of pain and a minor eruption last night my bowel cleared, and all is back to normal today. Well except for me having a tender tummy today, but that will go soon enough. With a bit of luck I will be up to exercising again tomorrow. I will rest up today and see how I feel in the morning

Misti – I have never tried one of those Health Riders, but I have seen them on TV and they look great. You really got a bargain when you bought yours. I hope you will be able to use it and enjoy it.

Seems to me that you may not even need a tape measure to see that you are losing weight if those pants of yours are baggy when they used to be tight. It is good to see the numbers though, so if you can get somebody to measure you, make sure you write the figures down.

That’s dreadful how you have been blasted before for putting across your views on Lean Cuisine etc. Everybody has a right to their opinion and shouldn’t be blasted for it. I have really enjoyed reading all the links you have posted, mind you, I could have done without seeing the picture of that mouse head in the meal, gross or what Anyway I appreciate you spreading the word about processed meals. I occasionally will have a WW one, but more often than not I cook fresh meals.

Thanks for the comments on my pics Oh yes that was quite a Christmas present. All of those things are my fave Aussie treats that I can’t get over here in the shops. So Daren really spoiled me by buying a huge hamper of the stuff. It was funny really, I am not one for practical gifts for Christmas. You know, buy me a toaster and I’ll throw it at you kind of thing lol. Anyway, Daren thought he would wind me up by buying a ruck sack type picnic set. He only bought it so he could stash the candy inside it, but thought I would go mental at having a practical gift, but then forgive him when I saw what was inside it. I thought it was actually a romantic gift because I pictured lots of lovely picnics with him using it, so I was thrilled. Then of course when I saw inside I was even more thrilled. So Daren’s plot to tease me/wind me up didn’t work

Michelle – thanks for your concern about me, I am much better now that the blockage has cleared. I thought for a while there I might end up in hospital, the pain got that bad, but then as I said, I had an eruption lol and it was just like I had given birth, major relief

on your hubby getting a job in Tulsa. I bet you cant wait to get back to civilisation Hey maybe you can get some exercise equipment now like the Gazelle Rider

Patti – glad you can see the difference in the pics, and thanks for the compliment about me looking happy whether I am tipsy or not.

Have you finished the stew now? I could do with some now, it’s really chilly today, and I am starving now that I am well again and can eat

Jen – Thanks for the compliments on my pics I loved that striped top too, I had it in khaki too, and unfortunately you are right, both are too big now. I look at that photo and can’t believe what a Buddha I looked like

Andie – oh my goodness, what a compliment, thinking I look like I could be a poster woman for the Gazelle Rider Of course if you saw the girls that Tony has modelling his Riders you would have to retract that comment, but hey, it made me smile, so thank you Those photos I posted are ones that normally I don’t like anybody to see, so it feels pretty liberating to post them but as BEFORE pics, not how I am anymore. At the time I hated admitting my weight to anybody, but now I happily say how heavy I was, but only because I am proud to say my new weight too

As for hubby buying me all those Aussie treats, shame on me really, because I am sure a normal person would have made that supply last a year. But pig that I was, I ate it a couple of weeks Never again though, never again

on being in Twotown, sorry I didn’t notice before. You are right, you have to forget that you have been there before, or how heavy you have been. Focus on the here and now and the fact that you will NEVER get back into the 300s again

Excellent news that you went to that Chinese buffet and made sure you ate as sensibly as you could given the choices there Doesn’t it feel wonderful to be so IN CONTROL Oh and as we both love this smiley I thought I would use it lol.

Valerie – thanks for the compliments on my pics, and on being 1 lb down. Never say just a pound, because all those pounds add up

Have I missed something? Have you decided you are definitely getting a divorce now? How did I miss that post? I am sorry it has come to that, but from what you have said, I think you will be much happier afterwards

Annie – I am loving the picture of the doggy in the bikini lol, that is too cute How many more of those pictures have you got?

Thank you so much for your concern about me seeing a doctor, thankfully even though I did have a blockage, it cleared by itself.

Sorry that you have been losing sleep because of your back pain. Have you got some strong pain killers you could take? What about a heat wrap or hot water bottle, do you have something like that? Would heat help ease the pain? Do you think that your increase in exercising, especially sitting on the bike might have made your back pain worse?

What a shame you missed your WW weigh in, but it sounds like you definitely needed the sleep more. So keep OP, and I bet next Saturday you are going to see a mega loss on those scales

Sandy – you know what, step families can be a real pain in the butt can’t they!! I can’t believe your SD has the cheek to come back after not being in touch for all this time and expect you to do all that planning and paying for a wedding for her. From what you say she is a user, and I think that you are right that once the wedding is done and dusted you won’t see her again until she wants something else. I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am. Don’t push yourself, or get stressed, and certainly don’t spend too much. It won’t be appreciated, you know it won’t.

Thanks for your concern about my possible blockage This is only my 2nd in 4 years, so I hope I don’t have another one in a long time. Thankfully they are only partial blockages, a full one would definitely have me ending up in hospital and I never want that!

Oh I forgot that Boxing Day isn’t celebrated in the US, I am glad you got to celebrate it in Canada though and that you know what I was talking about. Christmas day we have a lovely roast turkey dinner and in the evening we have a cold buffet. On Boxing Day we have Turkey and chips, though a lot of people have another cooked dinner. I’m too lazy to go to all that trouble two days in a row lol. Then in the evening it’s another cold buffet. I will try my best to not over indulge with the buffet food

I want your doctor He sounds wonderful, how great that he gave you a hug because he is so pleased with you and that you are losing weight! Actually my doctor, not the consultant that did my surgery, but my normal doctor, she is lovely. I just think that like with most doctors over here they see so many patients that it’s hard for them to build up a rapport with any of us. It doesn’t help either that half the time you don’t get to see your own doctor, you see whichever doctor is available.

Oh that sucks that you went to put the Gazelle together and you couldn’t find the bag of screws etc. Mine weren’t in a bag, they were on a piece of card, so it was impossible to lose it, and they were all laid out under a plastic cover so you could easily see what was what. I thought that was a great idea, but obviously not one they stuck with. It was probably too expensive to package them that way. I hope you can find the bag, if not can you ring where you bought it from and ask them to send replacements? I can tell you one thing, all this stress you are feeling from SD and the wedding would be gone like a shot if you got a good work out on your Gazelle!

Luan – gosh the more I hear about that bloke the more I don’t like him. He isn’t good enough for you, and I am glad you found out about him even though it has been painful. He sounds like my ex. I know we were married, but forgetting that, all the stuff I wanted him to do like go to the beach with me, or on holiday abroad, or to draw me a picture or even visit family with me, he wouldn’t do it, but with his latest wife (I was 3 of 4 lol) he does all that stuff. Oh well she’s welcome to him, I have Daren now and he does all that stuff for me and more, I’m a very lucky lady. I am sure you will meet your Mr Right too

Missy – sounds like you have been keeping busy. I hope all that sorting out along with your exercising will help nudge those scales in the right direction when you weigh on Tuesday

Sharon – hello, where are you, are you ok. Haven’t seen you on MSN, or here. Have you gone away and I forgot

Katt – Hope you are having a great weekend, do you ‘do’ Richard on the weekends, or have a break? I am supposed to ‘do’ him this week coming, but after being ill I think he might be a bit much for me So I may stick with my gentler exercise and ‘do’ Richard in another week’s time

Nancy, Brenda, Lilion, Kenya, Kayley, Jill, Jess, and everybody else, hope you have been having and are having a lovely weekend

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Happy Sunday, everybody!!!

Melissa, great job on the cleaning. Yikes I need to do the same thing... things are getting junky! Doesn't take long in a small apartment. And congrats on cutting back the time on your walking. Hope your strategy works and you can have a nice visit from the FFM. Please be sure to send her on to me though. Someone is hiding her in their own closet right now!

Ammi, so glad everything finally "came out all right" for you! You will be getting in that exercise very soon. LOL isn't it neat, though, that THAT is what you miss? And LOL sorry if the mouse head was TMI.... actually I don't even know if the story is true; you know how Internet rumors are. I did look on snopes.com but didn't see it. And oh well, I've been blasted before... And yes, that was just a riot about your Christmas gift; funny that Daren's joke backfired on him, but in a good way. :LOL: My HealthRider is HARD... I can't even do ONE repetition on the upper pedals!! I figure it HAS to be doing some good. You have to actually lift your entire weight with arms and legs and then you can add weights onto the back of the seat to make it harder, yeah right! Of course it would be better if I could do it for longer at a stretch but I'll get better!

It is so discouraging about the weight thing. No I don't have anyone who can measure me or at least whom I would allow to. But I can tell by the smaller clothes hanging in my closet. I still can't get into any more than I could before. I am exercising an average of over an hour a day and have increased the intensity... and the whole thing seems to be doing absolutely NOTHING! I really don't know where to go from here. <sigh>

Hope everyone has a blessed day! Have to go get on my rider LOL

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-15-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  

aMMI NOPE STILL GOT LOTS OF STEW.. I MAKE A BIG HUGH POTOF IT SO WE CAN EAT ON IT FOR MANY DAYS!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the stew sounds wonderful! You could email me a big bowlful of it!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wel Ammi, I think your 'blockage' must be catching, I've been having 'toilet' problems for 3 days, I will have to eat prunes if nothing else 'shifts'. It feels awful, especialy with the IBS usually giving me the opposite problem! I'm glad you are almost better & feeling up to exercising tomorrow.xxxxx
Sandy, this is my second marriage, & though my parents aren't poor or hard up they paid for nothing at this wedding (though I had hoped they might have offered to pay for the cake or flowers or something) but paid for most of my first and very small wedding - a meal for 10-12 people & basic night's stay in a bed & breakfast for aunt, uncle & both sisters. Your sd really deserves a slap! You are so good thinking of hubby & grandaughter, shame sd doesn't think of others the same way! What's wrong with HER MUM DOING SOMETHING? I know she is short of cash but it appears she has a LOT OF TIME ON HER HANDS!!!! Though I suppose saying so will only cause trouble, so good luck and I hope people realise how GOOD & KIND & UNSELFISH you are!!!xxxxx (though I bet hubby already knowsxxx)
Luan, what a git! get on with your life & I'm sure you wil find someone who is much better in EVERY way to that toad!xxxx
Valerie, did Dogpal mistake you wedding tale about not having to go coz of divorce ie; her mum will be there, so you aren't going or is it what she (Annie) thinks? I hope all is well, pm if you need a moan, vent, cry, laugh, WHATEVER!xxxxxx ps Can't wait for pics of you ON GABE!!! & LOVE your tag about FAT!!!xxxx
Misti, love your links, made me feel pretty sick though! Great deal on the rider! & good for you for telling the guy you are tough & proving it by carrying it up three flights of stairs!! I hope you've SCARED the ffm into a GOOD VISIT!!! xxxxxx
Wyllen, WOW, I bet that felt SOOO GOOD!!! being gasped at!!! You never know it might be a man gasping next time at you sexy body, lolxxxxxx
I forgot everything else, but I'm hanging in here til I see the Dr. tomorrow & fingers crossed I can get something which agrees with me & actually works!!
The Dr. I spoke to on the phone about the meds affecting me badly & whether I should stop taking them said I might not be depressed, YEAH!!! He's the Dr. who said my Autistic son 'Looks alright to me' when I said I thought there was something wrong with him - prior to being FINALLY diagnosed with Autism - after me hassling EVERYONE at my Dr's surgery for a formal assessment !! Oh well, life goes on.....
Stay healthy & happy
xxxsharon
Old 10-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #8  

Misti i guarantee you would love it it is so good this time of year.. i made it just in time too cuz here comes my chest cold/bronchitus acting up too
Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – I am sorry to hear you have been having back problems as well. I have had such trouble sleeping properly recently and it really wears you out. Sorry you missed your weigh in.

Valerie – Did I miss that you had decided to go through with the divorce? I know you had been talking about it but I thought it was still in the decision phase.

Sandy – I am with the others in thinking that if this is you SD’s second marriage then she shouldn’t expect much. That is one of the reasons my BF and I aren’t married. This will be his second so we can’t ask his parents for much and my parents really don’t have the money these days so it will be all on us.

Misti – Both of those articles you posted were really interesting. The distinctions between natural and artificial flavors were really fascinating. I have never seen one of those health rider machines, but I would think that as long as you can get your heart rate up on it then you are getting a decent workout.

Nonames – Did you say where you live in Georgia? I lived in Atlanta for 7 years and it was my favorite place that I have been. It sounds like you did great at that Chinese buffet.

Melissa – Great job on the cleaning! I have a bunch I should do today.

Ammi – I am so glad you are feeling better. That sounded awful, what you were going through. Those pictures you posted of last Christmas were really something! I am glad that Daren has agreed to not get you any more chocolates this year. Of course you don’t want to not participate in the actual holiday meals, but we definitely don’t need tons of candy and crisps lying about after the fact!

Luan – Your whole situation with the boy sucks – I am so sorry. At least you found this out now and not after you had put a whole lot more energy into the relationship.

Patti – I love stew. It is such a great meal when it starts getting cold like it has.

Sharon – I am sorry that you are now feeling bad too! That doctor you were talking about sounds horrible! Do you have to go back to him? I hope you can find someone else who isn’t so clueless.

First of all, the walk was a total success. I ended up hitting my goal of $500 raised – my aunt and my brother snuck in last minute donations while I was at the walk. They said it was 2 miles, but it felt like it was further. It took a little over an hour and we went at a pretty good clip for me. I was exhausted by the end, but it felt great to have done it.

I have really let myself descend into a rather unhealthy funk (as mentioned before) and it ends TODAY!!! Yesterday wasn’t good – I had let myself slip mentally to a point where I told myself I didn’t care about what I ate. As it turned out I only went to 2500 calories, but it was the attitude that really scared me. What the heck am I doing? I know I have been under a lot of stress and that can do weird things to your body chemistry, but I will not let my job and other issues interfere with me getting healthy!!! I woke up this morning determined to get fully back on track physically and mentally, and I will.

Actually, yesterday was my 3FC anniversary. It was one year ago yesterday that I decided to really do something about my weight and make a permanent change. I was still in school at the time and was so busy I could barely think, so I waited until the end of the year to start posting, but it was in October when I made the decision. I remember reading the boards for months before I joined in, feeling like I knew all of you and how strange it felt to make my first post all those months later. I am so incredibly glad that I found this place because it really has been a lifeline for me when things have been tough, like they have been recently. Even when I am not posting I am reading, and I don’t know what I would do without it. Wow – I think I am about to cry!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Misti, Thanks so much for the info. I had NO idea. I'll buy much less of the frozen dinners for lunch & "emergency" meals for the kids at home. Wouldn't let the guy into some areas of the plant. How scary is that. I promise to check out the links later in the day. Again, I really appreciate the info. I'll pass it to DH as well cuz he loves to research stuff like that. Congrats on the great deal on your Easy Rider. That's so cool. I can't wait to get my Gazelle together. I emailed the company about the missing parts and pieces last night. There are 3 major things missing.

Nonames- Thanks for sharing your past experience. It is a difficult situation. I'm glad you folks can be civil now. It's how I feel about my sd...that I'm civil. Then I feel guilty cuz I feel like I'm being fake.

Luan, Geeze, what a butt brain! I'm so sorry this guy has turned out to be such a loser.
You'll find the right guy when you least expect it. It always happens that way. I hope you can find someone to buy out his part of the cruise. You and another single girl friend would have a blast and no telling who you'd meet! I agree with Ammi, this guy doesn't deserve you in the least little bit.

Ammi, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I was really worried. Sorry your tummy sore, but glad you're confident it'll be better soon. I too am so happy with our dr. Can you imagine that he sees over 100 patients a day and still knows my family members by name? Even the DD who just got married! I'm hoping the Gazelle company will fedex the the missing parts this week. My little girl and I looked through each piece of plastic and cardboard 3 times before we gave up.

Melissa, I wish I could say I got my chores done yesterday. But I didn't. So, I have lots to do today. It's chilly and cloudy today, so it's a good day to stay inside and clean and watch football.

Sharon, Hope you feel well soon. You're a doll! You of course are correct about the real mom doing something. She's honestly and plainly the laziest person I've ever met. And it would cause major issues if I brought up the ideas of her mother doing something. It would be seen as critisim. Remember, you're your dr's employer and if you don't agree with what he says cuz he's not listening, see someone else. Change dr's if necessary. He doesn't have a good track record in my opinion cuz he dismissed your concerns for your ds.

To All, I talked to DH again this am....actually he brought it up, the wedding and SD.
He says we're gonna have a talk with her today or tomorrow about $$ for the wedding. He said if she disappears again that then he'll know and there won't be any doubts left in his mind. I voiced my concerns about granddaughter and he said he didn't care.....yeah right!
He's just preparing himself for the worst. I know what I see when I look at him playing with granddaughter. I'm not the slightest bit offended by what anyone says about the situation. I brought it up and needed the validation I have received. It's a relief that DH knows what's really probably going on. It's sad, but at least he and I aren't fighting about it
right? That would be awful. We'll be able to pose a united front when we talk to her.

I'm off to make my family a wonder turkey dinner. I've already planned the menu to stay OP so I don't have to feel guilty about anything I eat. The turkey dinner is my absolure fav
and can't wait to do it just once a year. Left overs will make the best soup and a casserole later in the week.
Thanks again Ladies, for your support for staying OP and with SD. I really, really appreciate it. And, fyi, dh does tell me regularly that he appreciates my patience with his kids. How wonderful is that. I told him again today that I would do ANYTHING for him.
Oh, 1 more thing. We went out to eat last night at a buffet. I hadn't eaten but an apple etc all day, so I was starving when we got there. I loaded up first of veggies, broccoli, cabbage, green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. Just a little of each. Then I had a small piece of sirloin. I couldn't resist the carrot cake. Everything was wonderful. But, on the way home I got to feeling really sick to my stomach. DH had to pull over and I got out of the car and probably lost everything. TMI, sorry. But, do you think it was cuz of the rich carrot cake, or what? It's happend 3 times this past week. The other 2 times I'd eaten very lightly during the day and had a big but healthy meal in the evening. It's just weird. I've never experienced this before.
Thanks ladies, and stay OP!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #11  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Nancy, Great job on your walk. And happy anniversary! What a great nsv. Staying with it for a year! Good for you.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #12  

happy anniversary Nancy!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #13  

Nancy this is such a great site dont you think? gives me alot of hope
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #14  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Finally, I’m getting around to some personals. You’ve all been So kind and So supportive lately (well, always, but especially lately) and I feel bad that I haven’t gotten to say thanks to each of you! So, apparently, here’s a book:

SANDY, I can only imagine the stress of this whole SD/wedding issue. I hope your DH is listening and at least understands how you feel. I hope you have his support. How much you spend on her sometimes doesn’t have anything to do with what she deserves, it how much it’s worth to you to keep peace, and support your DH. You’ve already said how important his relationship with his Grand Babies is. It’s a trade off that only you can decide the value of, and that’s REALLY hard. * No, my SD has nothing to do with our current relationship problems, other than the fact that he accumulated huge debt to buy her things before we got together – horse, tack, trailer, more tack, motor home.... She did her very best to separate us years ago and it didn’t work. I regret that she will have a chance to tell her dad how horrible I always was (because of course, she is responsible for nothing!) but perhaps after I’m gone, if blaming me for everything brings them any closer together, then fine. ** Just saw your post from today – Your right, I’m sure he cares about seeing his GD, but he knows he can’t control it. to you both!

ANNIE, Thanks for the hugs! Bill doesn’t know yet, but I have to prepare to leave. He’s never going to listen or see reason, we’re always going to live one step ahead of collections, all the plans we made were empty fantasies, and the relationship is just too cold. Now that he’s announced that our financial woes are my fault, after he’s taken every penny I’ve made for 7 years (last year it was $55,000), and he won’t except any responsibility for the prior dept… I’m just done.
Maybe I’ll find someone someday who doesn’t lie to me, blame me and doesn’t mind putting his arms around me. Maybe I won’t. But I deserve that much, and I deserve to not have to cry so much or feel this alone in the relationship. I’m not whining now, I’m just saying that’s how it is. I’ll miss his family terribly – I’ll even miss him. I don’t hate him, I just can’t live like this forever.
As much as it has meant for me to get off the truck, he’s been secretly planning all along to keep me on it for 2 more years or longer. That right there is a huge, heartbreaking lie. He blamed me for him not being able to retire off the truck in 2-3 more years and said that since I quit, he’ll be tied to a truck for the rest of his life. I zinged him though – he was just asking me if I had any other office job offers and I told him I couldn’t afford to take them – because he told me I have to make $35-40 k a year, I have no choice – I have to drive a truck. It gave me a bit of pleasure to hear the silence on the phone when he heard his own words back. Of course, he’s still planning on having me turn over that paycheck or at least continue paying his bills.
I need to build a life. There’s only one person here with my best interests at heart, and it’s NOT him. I know he doesn’t INTEND to hurt me, but that doesn’t change the destruction. I don’t INTEND to hurt him, but that won’t change that destruction, either. That’s the really sad part. But feeling bad for someone else is no reason to sacrifice my life, and that’s what I’ve been doing. He’s just not happy in any line of work that’s open to him, but whether I’m happy is irrelevant. He wants to be and live like a millionaire, but I’m supposed to live on nothing and give him everything I make. I know, and now I’m finally ready to deal with it: “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” right?? It’ll be OK, I know that. It’s just something unpleasant we both have to go through. I’m going to be OK, and who knows what good things could around the corner?? We never know what life has in store, but Someone has a bigger plan. I just need to do the best I can… and starting with that $50k trucking job should be a really good start on a new life!
-Sorry. I rambled!

HOLY COW, MISTI!!! You’ve got me really scared to death now! All those chemicals! Was that really the English version of the list you posted??? Don’t be worried that someone would get upset over sharing information, especially something so important and relevant to what we put in our mouths! Each person can take that info and make a more educated decision about their food. If they choose to ignore it they can, but I can’t imagine any sane person being upset to be educated more. Personally, I’m really glad I don’t like strawberry shakes. But I can guess that chocolate is at least as bad. Oh well, I’ll skip them both and just worry about what’s sneaking it’s way into my well water. I do still have an occasional Lean Cuisine, but I don’t live on them. On the other hand, I can’t imagine ever sticking my hand in the freezer again without thinking… ‘ooooeeeeww, do I really wanna???’ * It sounds like that guy was just impressed with you lifting that thing! He didn’t think you looked ‘tough’ before you picked it up – he was just impressed. Some guys are just too used to fluff-chicks! You go, Superwoman! Maybe with that cool new machine you can up (or change) your caloric burn. Perhaps it’s just what you need to kick the loss back in. I’ve gone to adding a second aerobic workout a few days a week, just 10 minutes or so to kick my metabolism / heart rate up. That seems to be what burned the gained pounds back off, and I’m actually down 3 today to 271… but don’t tell anybody – it’s not officially yet & I don’t wanna jinx it for tomorrow.

NoNamesLeft – GREAT job on using restraint at the Chinese buffet!! That’s what will keep the weight off when you’ve gotten where you want to be!

LUAN. You definitely deserve better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuf said.

MELISSA – What a great “tweak” to your workouts. I read an article in Prevention once that did a study that showed that variations like you’re talking about is really good. WOW – cutting FOUR minutes off your time! Fantastic!

AMMI, Glad to hear that maybe your tummy problem is finally on the mend. It sounds like it’s been horrible and I hope you’re back to 100% very soon!! * I don’t think I officially posted that I’d decided on a … can I say Annulment instead of divorce? I guess that will be determined by how he takes this. I’m just getting my ducks in a row right now. I’m not going to say anything to him until after I’m working. I’m OK with it right now. There will be days I’m not OK with it, and who knows what else. But right now, I’m fine. I’m very focused on this weight journey and my health, and I’m able to start focusing on dreams that had died. There’s a lot to deal with in between of course, like telling him, but I’m taking it one step at a time.

Ooooo, PATTI – You mentioned Stew. It’s cold enough these days that that sounds great. I think I’ll get the ol’ crock pot revved up here today, on your inspiration. Thanks!

SHARON, I don’t think Annie made any mistake. My SD’s wedding is in May of next year, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be gone by then. Actually, for the first time I was starting to look forward to seeing her mother, because my weight will be so much lower by then than they’ve ever seen me. That alone is a motivation to go jump on the TM! She & her mother are cut from the same cloth – greedy, selfish, mean… and lots littler than me. Thanks for the invite to cry on your shoulder, I’m sure there will be days when I need it! Right now I’m doing fine. I guess just making the final decision takes a horrible weight off my mind. No tears today!!! * As for riding Gabe, ooo, that day gets closer and closer. I didn’t work him yesterday, but I went over 3 times and just hung out with him, feeding him an apple, leaning on him, scratching his beautiful big black butt. Only problem was every time I got that far back he turned around to check me for more food – what a mooch! I didn’t feel really ambitious, and besides, I don’t want him to think “work” every time he sees me coming.

NANCY, Yes, I’ve pretty well made the decision to go. I’m tired of being miserable, of struggling towards nothing, of not feeling like I trust him to talk to because even if he nods yes, it doesn’t change a d*d thing. I want a partner – not a boss, not a child, not a master, not a servant, not a daddy – a loving, trusting, trustworthy partner. Short of that, I’ll just have to sleep alone. It won’t be an easy road this next year, but last year was no walk in the park. I’m determined not to let it interfere with my health-quest though! * AWESOME job on your walk-a-thon! $500 is outstanding!! And even MORE AWESOME, is that you are back on track, recommitted to losing weight and getting healthy. I, of all people, know that things can really get us down and destroy our focus and efforts! But you and I are both going to rise above that & take control of our futures! Five years from now we may have different lives, different jobs & perhaps even different partners, but we don’t want to look back then and say “I wish I’d done something five years ago.” TODAY is ‘last year’ and ‘five years ago’. Time to flush the blue funk, no matter how legitimate it is to feel blue, and work through it. Personally I’ve found lately that working out lifts my mood so much that I’m more motivated to do it. It won’t change the world, but it can change our lives, and the way we perceive both! Good job – GO FOR IT! You deserve it!
Oh, BTW – HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

New Product alert: At least new to me. It’s called Naturally More in your Peanut Butter section. It has fewer calories, more protein, more fiber, plus the Omegas (especially 3) and folic acid! The ingredient list is: Roasted peanuts, Wheat germ, Flax seed, Cane sugar, Egg whites and Honey. I think it’s really good, and although cane sugar is in there, the net carbs (after fiber) are lower than regular PB. MISTI – since I’m officially appointing you list nutrition researcher, you can tell me if there’s anything really horrible about it… but this one I might just eat anyway Step aside, chocolate!!

Well, the cats are in High-Kill gear lately. They’re bringing home dead mousies by the dozen. Simon wants to pick them up and carry them into the house. UGH! NOT gonna happen!

I’ve got a BD party to go to shortly for my girl that rides the mustang that I talked about all summer. Don’t worry – no cake for this girl! Ta-Ta!

REMEMBER: TODAY IS THE 'LAST MONTH' IN 'I WISH I'D DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT LAST MONTH.'

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 10-15-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie -- Sounds like you are making important decisions for YOU, and I wish you all the best. It's not easy to make that decision, but it sounds like it will be best for you.

Annie -- I'm loving these doggie costume avatars of yours!

Nancy -- Happy anniversary! I think I missed mine -- I joined in Sept last year and this place has been SO HELPFUL!!!!
Closed Thread