South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/130/120

Height: 5'3

Default Phase 1 Group - Oct. 10 Start and later

Hey everyone!

Who is doing Phase 1 right now? Want to check in daily on a thread? I am on day 2 of Phase 1. My first day was just fine. My eating was spot on, but I have a hard time sticking to anything for 2 weeks. I am determined this time and would love to chat with others in the same boat.

Phish
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Phish,

Good for you for not giving up on yourself ! I'm just starting week 2 of P1. I survived the Thanksgiving weekend !! I was so scared I was going to fall of the wagon... well, I did drink a lot of wine, but hey, that's what being around family does to me )..... I found my 2nd day on P1 absoultely exhausting. I was so tired come 2:00 I could barely stand it. I was in bed by 8:00 p.m. and slept all the way through until 7:30 in the morning. Day 3 was much better and now I'm doing just fine. I get sugar cravings, but it's not so bad that I can't deal.

The frustrating part for me is that I can't find a scale so I have no idea if I've lost. My clothes feel exactly the same as they did a week ago.

We can only keep trying... (Hug)
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #3  

Hi Beach Buddies,

I am in the same boat, it almost embarrassing to even post, but I plan on starting P1 tomorrow. I really want to lose 20 pounds by the New Year. I had gone back to WW with some friends at work. All I have lost is money.

PLEASE, PLEASE let's get through this P1 together, P2 could actually be a lifestyle for me.

" Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't do!"

Are we successful or unsuccessful? Will we do P1 for 2 weeks??

Hugs,
Wanda
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #4  
Tarasmom

I'm starting tomorrow

We will do this have no dought It's just my hubby & myself at home,
so I've decided to really make this work for me, SB will be my bible.
Hubby doesn't have a weight problem & he's easy as far as what he eats, so he won't mind the LC at all.

I'm going to put all my recipe's away (far away) I think that is the only way I'll
be able to make SB a WOE for me. So I'll be picking up the SB Cook Book
tomorrow on my trek into town..Soooo, LET'S GET THE FAT OFF!!!!!!!!
WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi!

I've been doing Phase 1 for a week. The week went fine, however, I failed miserably this weekend
I'm supposed to be doing Phase 1 with my friend, but I don't dare tell her when I slip up because she berates me.

HURRAY FOR LOSING WEIGHT AND BEING HEALTHY!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #6  
Tarasmom

Hello AmberD. Just put it all behind you,& carry on like it never happened ok
We can't take our cheats back anyway. Stressing about it will only drive you too cheat more, I know, I've been there many time's, & I'm still 40+lbs!!

So come post Amber, so we can SUPPORT EACH OTHER & STAY MOTIVATED!!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  

There's nothing wrong with a slip. It's better, I believe, if I has an intense craving for something to just have it - whatever it is - otherwise, I find that I personally eat around the craving and end up eating way more than I would've had I just had the damn craving satisfied in the first place.

I've been extremely anal this last week over P1 and I'm into week 2 of it now... I hope no one minds me still posting here... I still can't find a scale and I still can't tell if I've lost anything. My clothes don't feel any different. But, I have hope - my TMO is just around the corner so that could explain why. Maybe after my Aunt Flo leaves, I'll have dropped more than I dreamt possible...

Keep at it everyone and don't get discouraged from the slips - maybe try to see it as your body healing itself from the addictions... like when one quits smoking, it's suggested that they try to view their cravings as their bodies healing themselves.... like a scab getting itchy... okay, enough with the metaphors.....

Tamara
Old 10-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good for you chicks to start up a Phase I thread! Giving and getting support is the most important part of this website!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!

Today is day 3 for me, yesterday was tough, but I made it thru. I’ve lost 2 lbs since Sun. I know it’s just water, but it’s comforting all the same. Today is going to be tough bc I threw together a pretty nasty lunch – lima beans with a bit of diced ham. I am not looking forward to eating it at all, I might go hit the salad bar at the local deli instead.

Mgb4t – You made it thru Thanksgiving, I bow at your feet. You are awesome! The second week is easier, right? I did this like 4 years ago and remember the second week not being as bad, as far as being sleepy and fatigued goes. Not having a scale would drive me crazy, did you take measurements?
Active and Teezmum – Good luck with Day 1. Be strong, Day 2 was hard for me. Just buckle down and get the temptations out of the house, you can do it!
AmberD – Just get back to it, everyone slips up from time to time. You can do 14 solid days. You can.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #10  

Phish - no, I didn't take my measurements. I do have them from last year though so maybe i'll pull them out and see if there are any changes... I just didn't even really plan on doing SB - it kind of happened. No planning, just jump right into it. It was one of those "I'm going to pull my hair out if something doesn't change soon" moments. I couldn't stand myself any longer. My weight at 190 may be a little high - or a little low - but not by much. I'm going from past experience. I'm a size 14 right now and typically, in the past, that size has been between 185 and 195 for me. I think I'll wait until that
TMO has come and gone before I measure and compare though -
Old 10-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!

I did SB in college with some of my roommates. The Phase 1 part was easy for us, it was Phase 2 that was KILLER! Something in our brains said OOOoooOOO we can have CARBS now!!! SWEET let's eat absolutely everything we weren't allowed to have the last two weeks!

That won't happen again!

Is everyone having a good day?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the encouragement!! I made it through Day 1 of Phase 1!!!
13 more to go!!

Amber-- I think you are right 2 weeks and then we lose control-- I am rereading the book and plan to introduce 1 carb/1 fruit a day. Hopefully we will still be here for each other during P2.

Phish-- Thanks for starting this thread!

Teez--Hope you made it thru day 1. I bought the cookbook-- it has some interesting ideas in it.

Tamara--Congrats on making it to Week 2!!

Do any of you exercise during P1? I did a 30 minute workout today and felt pretty good.

Here's my plan I told my hubby tonight-- I plan to lose at least 8 pounds by 1-1-07 and not gain the traditional 8 pounds over the holidays-- so that nets me 16--right!?! LOL

Have a great day tomorrow on P1,
Wanda
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #13  
Tarasmom

Hugs ladies

I did day 1 of phase 1 & I'm down 2lbs. I know it's water but, you got to start somewhere right?

I checked out the SB easy recipes book today, it was $30.00, so I'm going to wait till next week when I go to the bigger center's out of town.
I just got an idea,I'm going to check out ebay tonight..

I know we'll all have a great day2!!

Last edited by teezmum; 10-11-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the recipe forum too. Some of the SBD Easy Recipes are already in there.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #15  

Hey ladies! Day 4 of Phase 1 for me and I am feeling good today, I think I got over that first weak hump. I wasn’t even hungry when I woke up this morning! So far I am down 2 lbs since Sunday, but today and yesterday I weighed the same. That’s okay though. I only have 10 lbs to lose overall, so I would be happy if I could lose 5 during phase 1.

Amber – I did SB for the first time right after school and you’re right Phase 1 was much easier than doing Phase 2 correctly. I really hope that I can do it right this time. I plan on doing the same thing as you, 1 piece of fruit and 1 kind of carb a day. Probably oatmeal and brown rice and sweet potatoes as the carbs and I’ll have one kind a day. But I bought a bunch of tiny yams in preparation.

Active – I am working out. I ran 4 miles on Tuesday and did an hour of spinning on Wed, tonight I am running again. I felt kind of woozy on Tuesday, but spinning wasn’t a problem.

Teezmum, definitely check out ebay or amazon for the book. Also, you can go to allrecipes.com and get a ton of South Beach recipes and just print them out. Check your local library too, you could always make copies of the ones you want to try.
Closed Thread