Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 11:58 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Oxycise #33

Lets see if I can do this.... Well it lots a lot of it "character" in the transition, but at least it's a new thread and not so long to load.

[size=huge]Let's make our New Years Resolution to incluce OXYCISE[/size]

I know this sounds trite, but I always do better at the beginning of things, weeks, months, and especially years, so I am beginning now to rev up and get my mind set to reall be serious about the deep breathing exercises that I Know are so good for me in so many ways.

So Please, anyone even at all interested in Oxycise, Body Flex or LifeBreathers, or anything similar, Please join me at the first of the year with a new committment to Breathe, breathe breathe.

Let's get some life back into this thread...

Last edited by ageoldie; 12-24-2001 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #2  

Okay Barbg, I just saw this new thread and pasted my reply from the old thread here. Thanks for starting a new one the old one was way too long!

Wow it's been a while for me since I've posted on this board. Once again life has gotten in the way but I have to say that I've been doing my Oxycise for over a week now every morning without fail and it feels really good.

Barbg-Thanks for holding this thread together for me. I fell hard off the exercise wagon and now with this new year in front of me I knew I had to get up and start again. I'm so glad to see that you're still here!

Claire- Is that you? Is it really you? I can't believe it! It was so great to see your post. I was wondering what happened to you. You're always so motivating and energetic. Now that the gang is all here lets get moving again and breathing again!

Meme-Hey I'm glad to see you're still here too! I've been gone for a while myself so don't feel bad. But I'm back and determined to lose this weight.

I have to say my wake up call was looking at my pictures from 12 years ago at how thin and great I looked as opposed to how I look now. More then just a little depressing for me. I know that I'm 12 years older too but that's no excuse for my extra weight. So with your help I'm determined to get back to the size (or close to the size) that I was in those photos. Let's make this the biggest oxygen filled year of our lives!
Old 01-05-2002, 12:02 PM   #3  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default Let 'er buck!

Hi all!

Well, the Musketeers are here! All four of us!

I absolutely made O a part of the New Year's regime! It's especially good now, because you can't get any kind of cardio machine at the gym. Any time of the day or night every machine has someone hanging off of it, thinking they're getting all this great cardio -- I like O better because I don't sweat so much

I started a new diet plan -- The Business Plan for the Body, and I've never had so much fun with a plan.

It's basically counting calories, but you treat your body like a company. It's hilarious!

Have a great day -- keep breathing....
Old 01-05-2002, 08:03 PM   #4  
Hang In There

Default One Day in a Row!!!

Well it's a start!!! Yes, I realize it's not a great start, but a start anyway. I'm so glad we are starting this over together. I need lots of motivation, and having to answer to you usually keeps me honest.

Claire, you sig should be MY motto. It's so true... I told my husband the other day that if I could just acomplish all I want to do by reading about it, and making lists, and spending time thinking about it But then what would I have to strive for? Oh well...

Rose, Do you ever hear from NASCAR woman any more? I used to run into her post all the time, but haven' t in quite a while. The last I heard she was involved with WW, is she still, and is she skinney yer?

Claire, tell us more about the Business plan for the body, sounds like something I'd like.

Because I'm getting ready for my knee replacement surgery the ortheopedic doc has me riding the sationary bik every day, and I'm still going to water aerobic, now I' BACK on the Oxycise train there's no stopping me now.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:35 PM   #5  
Viva la vida loca!

Default Business Plan for the Body

Hi,all!

Remember that old TV show, "You Asked For It?" The sponsor was Skippy peanut butter, and I think that's where I got hooked on "putty."

Anyway, here's the skinny on the program you asked about...

Quote:
If you are presently unhappy with your weight, health, and appearance, I am going to make an assumption: You lack a plan. The Business Plan for the Body is the first book to apply the concepts of a business plan to a successful weight loss strategy. The first chapters of the book are the research and development phase of the plan. Business plans traditionally start out with a Mission Statement, so that is Chapter 1. Companies research "the competition" in their industry; I did that for you in Chapter 2. In Chapter 3, "Going Public," I urge you to be open, honest and publicize -- something few people do -- your intention to go into the weight-loss business. (up to now, we've been in the weight-gain business). Chapter 4, "The Management Team," discusses the importance of educating and including those around you in the development and administration of your plan. "The Financials," Chapter 5, presents the reality of weight loss by the numbers.

Following the R&D phase, you enter the actual execution of the plan. You implement a proper combination of eating and exercise, Chapter 6, "Revenue Allocation," and Chapter 7, "Preservation of Capital," to facilitate weight loss. Chapter 8, "Establishing Realistic Investment Goals," encourages you to set weight-loss goals that can be attained. With your plan in action, you move to Chapter 9, "It's Starting to Work: Taking It on the Road: Keeping it Going" which explores changing environments and introduces the concept of "progression." The plan concludes with Chapter 10, "I did it! I did it!" which prepares you to live with your success, both physically and emotionally.
Sorry the post is so long, I wanted you to get a good overview. Jim Karas has a website at http://www.businessplanforthebody.com

The book is on sale at Barnes & Noble; I bought mine and couldn't put it down. You can easily incorporate Oxycise into the exercise portion.

Thanks for asking! If you want to do the program, we could maybe have a thread someplace...
Old 01-06-2002, 02:04 PM   #6  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi all!

WHAT?? The long thread scare ya?

I know, I know...we have all been off O'ing instead of posting...

Hope everyone is doing well today. The weather channel keeps threatening us with snow/rain/sleet mix (we're in middle Tennessee) and all we've gotten so far are light drizzle and temps in the low '50s....I bet all those poor folks in Buffalo wish they were here

Seriously, it makes my heart so glad to reconnect with you all.

Have a fab day.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:04 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Okay, I copied the post about the pusiness plan for the body and plan to check out the website. I didn't do much O this weekend as I have been struck with a head cold and I can't even breath at all, much less controlled breathing. I've been thaking antihistimines and they have made me groggy, so I think I'll take another one and go to bed, and wake up tomorrow and be well rested, well motivated, and completely WELL... and get my Oxycise done, then off to the gym for water aerobics. Combine that with healthy eating, and I'll make the day. One Day at a Time...

Later
Old 01-06-2002, 10:42 PM   #8  
Viva la vida loca!

Hey!

Barbg, I'm so sorry you've got a cold! And I was teasing about the long thread! I always feel guilty when I leave long threads about anything, because I feel like I'm pigging up someone else's space for a post. Sometimes my attempt at e-humor backfires

We've had really dry air here so it makes me snore like a horse....which of course is very appealing to DH...NOT.

Feel better, okay?

Rose and MeMe, haven't seen hide nor hair of you all today. Hope all's o'ing well!

I plan on doing my in-the-car commuter tape in the morning...
Old 01-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #9  

I'm going to look up the diet...sounds like an interesting read! I'm doing WW right now...I GAINED last week...first time since I started the first of Nov. I was disappointed! I'm hoping it is just swelling, though. I've had surgery on both knees and they tend to swell when we have wet weather and we got dumped on royally yesterday...3 or 4 inches of very wet snow. Hey waterbaby...didn't you get any of that? I live at Cookeville...we must've got your share!

I did the Oxycise twice last week and walked twice. (that's probably what's wrong with my knee!) I was supposed to go walk today but didn't get to because of the snow... we were still getting some up until about 11 am today. I'll do the Oxycise tonight before going to bed and again tomorrow night then maybe I'll get to go walk on Wednesday.

ageoldie...I have been needing knee replacement surgery since I was 9 years old but they won't do it because they say I'm too young...ha! I'm 54 now and they're STILL saying I'm too young. They say I'd have to have it again in 10 years...so I'm just suffering along with it! Both of my knees started going out of place (like the ball players do) when I was 9 and I've already had surgery on both of them. A realignment on the left and arthoscopy on the right. There's no cartilage in either now. Makes it hard to exercise, huh?
Old 01-07-2002, 08:52 PM   #10  
Viva la vida loca!

Hi, all!

Hey, MeMeToo, I live in Columbia and work in Nashville. Not a speck of snow anywhere. The kids in Metro are all peeved because Cookeville got what they consider their snow

Your graphic at the bottom just about defines my success story (when it happens) in three frames!! I love it!

Barbg, how are you feeling? Cold any better?

Oh, Rose---where are ya?

Have a fabulous evening!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:41 AM   #11  

As far as I'm concerned, they can HAVE it! When there is snow, there's no school and when there's no school, I have to keep my grandson who is in kindergarten! He pesters me to death and I can't get anything done. He goes to a private school and I don't understand why in the world they aren't having school tomorrow. I can understand Putnam Co. because the buses have to run on country roads but the school he goes to is in Cookeville and the kids are all driven by car!?!

I go to Nashville every couple of months. Have 2 Doctors there and I go to Opry Mills, Hickory Hollow and the Sams at Donaldson a lot, too. (Oh yes...and the Spaghetti Factory downtown!) I'm planning a long weekend (alone) in May. I'm going to try to get both Dr. appointments and my mammogram all set up for Fri. and Mon. and go up on Fri. morning and stay until Tuesday. I usually do that once or twice a year...stay at Spring Hills Marriot on Elm Hill Pike...is that far from where you work?
Old 01-08-2002, 08:26 AM   #12  
Viva la vida loca!

Default Work!

Hi, all!

MeMeToo, I work off West End behind Centennial Park (near Centennial Medical Center). Your hotel is about 30 minutes drive-time (only because I-40 is ALWAYS backed up) -- but it's not so bad that I don't every go that way. I have family in Hermitage and go right past the Elm Hill Pike exit to get there.

Well, looks like we get 60 degree weather tomorrow. I don't remember January every being this warm.

How is everyone else today?
Old 01-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Hi all,

The cold's much better. I've done some Oxycise 2 days in a row!!!
[size=large]At least it's a start![/size] i actually rode my bike about 45 or 50 minutes this morning. I told my DH the other day it wasn't that it hurt or I was out of breath, I was just SO BORED!!! So today I rode with an audio tape. It really helped.

Meme: I will be 55 on Feb 23rd, but my doctors opinion is, I should enjoy the time I have now and if I need to do it again in 10years, so be it. I agree. But I do know other people whose doctors will not do the surgery unless they are 60. I need mobility NOW.

Well my computer at home died a slow death. It's a short in the motherboard, and it's a laptop that's about 3 years old, and no replacement available. Great.... we've got so much other stuff going on we will have to wait on me another computer, so my posts will not be as often as I'd like.

Keep on O'ing and have a Healthy New Year.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #14  

I'll be 55 in May...I'm planning a "get-a-way" minivacation just for me around my BD. Sorry about your laptop. I have one but rarely use it in winter. I have a card so I can access the internet and all the files on my big computer through it so I can take it outside and use it in the summer. Then I usually get Earthlink a few months during the summer so I can access the internet when we are on vacation and I go to NC and Nashville several times then. I get withdrawal if I'm without a computer very long!

I run a devotional and a bible study on the internet plus friendship pages, midi files and clipart, animations & backgroundsets. As of last May I had over 400 pages on the internet when the Go network, where most of them were, decided they would no longer host personal pages and wiped them all out. I had to start all over again!!! I got my own domain and have been slowly putting them back on so I spend A LOT of time on the computer! I've got about half of them back on now. I also have a Web Design Service that I'm trying to get up and running but it's going very slow! I did all the above on my own but recently started taking a design course from John Gilson...he's so good!!! So between all my sites and the course I guess I'd freak if my computer went out on me. I was supposed to start doing some work for Cookeville General Hospital but they decided they wanted me to go through a Temp Service to do it...I was going to have to pay the service a large percent of what I'd be making so I told them to forget it!!! I guess I'll just stick to working for myself and teaching piano!

The sun is shining and the snow is melting...hurray!!! I used to love the snow...I used to walk to school in 3 feet of the stuff in Michigan...I must be getting old!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Default Meme

Share your sites with us/ I'd love to see them
Closed Thread