Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Hubby Cheats on Diet !

Hubby and I started out a week ago Wednesday on our weight loss journey. He agreed to log all his food on fitday as did I, but he cheats . I went to get some lowfat cottage cheese the other day out of a new container and half of it was gone. Did he log it into fitday? noooooo . He gave me a receipt from a debit withdraw from our checking account for gas and it had Slim Jims and an energy drink on it too. Did he log it into fitday? noooooo . He ate a half a bag (big bag) of animal crackers last night. Again, he did not log it into fitday. I told him about it and he said he would log these things in, but he didn't. I told him he was only cheating himself; he said nothing .

Today he was logging things in (for today) and I told him that his reports and calorie count were not going to be accurate. I think he thinks this is ok . Well I started to get mad about his cheating but I decided that I am on my own journey and as long as my fitday is right, who cares.

And the kicker is that last Wednesday when we weighed ourselfs he lost 3 lbs and I only lost 1 lb. Oh well, I will keep plugging along and try to tweak my diet a little. A little less fat and a little more excercise .

Sorry to rant, just had to vent.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey dear, he KNOWS he is cheating....it is your own personal journey that you need to stay focused on. Encourage him but don't point fingers, he will probably shape up. It just takes us guys a little longer to figure things out!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree, Let him cheat, but gently remind him. Do your own thing and lbs. will come off. My DH isn't on a diet, but said last night that his jean shorts were starting to "make my hips look wide". I took him lunch to his work at 1PM today. He told me he had a Lg. cinnamon roll at 7AM. A breakfast burrito at 9AM. A ham and cheese sandwich at 11AM. Plus the roast, chicken, potatoes and gravy, carrots that I brought him. It might just not be the Shorts. LOL. I watch him eat this junk all the time, while I sit there with my baked chicken, green beans and cottage cheese. It no longer bothers me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree, try not to let it bother you. We all need to make up our minds when we're ready to do this, and Im sure your DH will eventually. My DH said that today is the day he is finally going to join me and lose some weight. Well, tonight at a family dinner he ate two servings of brownie ice cream, a piece of pumpkin pie and a piece of apple pie!! OH well! But isn't it annoying that after all that, they can still lose more weight than us?? LOL
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

I hate that men can lose weight so quickly and easily.

It's just not fair!
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I was reading your post and the whole time I was thinking, "yeah and being a man, he probably still lost more weight" and then I get to the end, and sure enough he has!! It's just not fair is it?? But, you have to do what you need to do for yourself and not worry too much about him. I would remind him to enter stuff, even if he cheats. Just don't let it bother you that he cheats and still loses weight. As you said, who is he cheating? Only himself.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #7  
LLV

I agree with a couple of the others, let him go at his own pace. Because the more he's picked at for his "cheating", the sooner he'll probably give it up altogether.

Everybody does things differently
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #8  

Default Thanks Guys!

Thanks for all your encouragement and I am going to do this and just let him keep on cheating. And your right about how men lose much faster than women, it's just not fair .

Anyway, I have found a way to get back at him on cheating. I go into his fitday and add what he didn't. Like last night when he had a whole bag of animal crackers (9 servings) and only put in 1 serving (that's right, he thinks a whole bag is only 1 serving) I changed his number of servings to 9 . I told him about it, and he just laughed.

Tomorrow is weigh-in, so we'll see what happens. He'll probably lose 10 lbs .
Old 10-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'8

I think you should just let him do what he's doing and eventually he'll learn.When he weighs in and he isn't losing that will be the wake up call for him to stop cheating and start being serious.
TiffyTaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

We all have different preferences about the way we do things. Personally, it would drive me batty having to log all that stuff into fitday. I just don't have time or patience for that. But, I do keep a little spiral notebook in my purse where I write down my food and calories. Others might find my method too loose for them. My dh just wants to eyeball things. But he can lose 20 pounds doing that. So, I say you both should find your own way. When his method stops working, he'll adjust.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

My Hubby started with me, he was working out every morning and watching what he ate (sort of, he thinks chili dogs are healthy ) I guess I should say watching his snacking. We went to Disneyland a month ago and he quit working out, although he does walk 1.5 miles everyday. He is losing, but very very slowly and he is so frustrated so I asked him about what he is eating. He has two slimfast shakes a day, two snacks a day then eats dinner. Sounds good, right? Well what he neglected to tell me was that with his slimfast shakes he also had breakfast and lunch. For instance two ego waffles drenched in syrup, and a shake; roastbeef sandwich, chips and a shake. I told him that he should use the shakes as a meal replacement, but he complains he is too hungry.....SIGH I just do things for myself, my own way. I will let him learn his own way.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #12  

Default So Right!

You are absolutely righ jcatron. That is what I firmly believe. It is my journey and he is on his own. We all decide when the time is right to get serious and no one can decide for you.

Good luck all, and lets kick some butt !