Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #1  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Week of October 8 (chat)

Hi all!

Hope everyone is feeling good and staying on plan.

I lost two pounds last week. It's not much, but I feel good that it's SOMETHING, considering as there was little effort on my part. This week I need to kick into action on the exercise and get that scale moving.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #2  

Don't sell yourself short--a loss is a loss! Hope you keep up the momentum. Have you eaten anything tasty/interesting lately you would recommend? I'm in sort of a food rut, especially for protein. Too many hard-boiled eggs!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #3  
WW online (pts plus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanajel View Post
Have you eaten anything tasty/interesting lately you would recommend? I'm in sort of a food rut, especially for protein. Too many hard-boiled eggs!
Well, not for protein, but I discovered that a cheap generic brand of sauted frozen squash from Super WalMart is really good. It's a blend of various squash and carrots and has a seasoning... kind of a cajun seasoning, I think... on it. Pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and it's steamed. Both my husband and my 3 year-old liked it.

I'm working on getting a lot more veggies on our plates and was glad to find that one for something different. We have always eaten our veggies with meals, but, I'm trying to increase the veggies and decrease the portions of other things.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey, 2 lbs is 2 lbs! Congrats!

I worked out today, which is a big step for me - I don't even remember when I worked out last. And I felt soooo good today! I need to remember how I felt today when the alarm is going off at 5:30 am tomorrow morning

I'm starting slowly - I want to get myself exercising to the point where its not so much of a struggle to do it - and then tackle staying in my points. I'm going to watch what I eat and then move into counting points again. When I try to do everything at once, I get discouraged easily and then quit and I'm going to try not and do that this time. And I usually eat better anyway when I am exercising on a regular basis.

I was so mad today though - my favorite bra (and the only bra that fits me decently right now) broke today. I heard a snap, and the stupid under wire had broken. Thankfully it wasn't right at the bottom of the cup, otherwise it would have been poking at me all day, but I was just sooo mad when I realized thats what that snapping noise was. I have the same bra in 2 different colors that don't fit me that well - lol maybe that can be my motivation this time - to fit into those bras again
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #5  

Hi all!

Life here has been crazy!!! I kind of feel like I am hurling thorugh each day and not really able to grab hold and slow down. The wedding is fianlly over (the one for my brotehr in law who told his parents about the girl like 4 months ago, even though we all knew they were engaged). DD was a great flower girl! My MIL and FIL did all the food b/c the bride's dad coped out on her just like 3 weeks ago and left her with no money to do the meal, even though he said he would pay for it. So we all stepped in and busted our butts to cook it all ourselves.

My sister came to visit from Indianna this weekend as well so we had to cram that in too. My house is TRASHED and I have to have it reasonably clean by 7:30 am tomarrow. I had to go to town tonight and didn't have much time to clean and I am so exauhsted. We've been up until midnight most of the last several days with wedding stuff and visiting with my sister last night.

I had to run to town tonight as my mom borrowed the pack and play for my sister's baby and I had to have it back by tomarrow. On my way home I hit a deer. No damage taht I can see though...except to the poor deer

well I need to go to bed!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  
WW online (pts plus)

Oh, Misty, I'm glad you weren't hurt!

I decided to tackle reorganizing the basement playroom today... that will definitely count as my exercise! Hauling children and boxes up and down the stairs will burn some calories.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #7  

Doesn't it feel great when you get some deep cleaning done. I need to tackle my basement also. amazing what you can accumulate over the years.

Last night we were coming home from a walk along the shoreline at the metro park and almost hit a deer. Tis the season. Glad no damage Misty.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #8  

Amy a two pound loss is to be celebrated! doing the dance of joy for you girl!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #9  

don't you just love the way I have to post. It is because I can't remember! Sorry about that. Lizzy fitting into a bra from Victoria Secret now that is a good goal!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:13 AM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Well I am sick again, feels like I just got over my last bout of whatever this is that causes laryngitis. I feel crummy but here I am at work because I didn't want them to work short even though apparently there was extra staff even though the office told me that everyone was booked otherwise I probably would have called in sick. Weight loss efforts have been pretty much non existant, trying to drink more water for the most part and staying away from too much junk like cookies and fast food. I am going to try and get back onto working dayshifts, I am burned out with working straight nights, I am tired all the time, doesn't feel like I really have any days off unless it is the weekend because then I have at least 2 days in a row where I am not sleeping half the day. Like today will be my day off after 7am but I'll be going home and sleeping until lunch anyway but then I'll be so tired I won't want to do much. Also the day that I am supposed to be back at work for that night shift I am so depressed I can't do anything but mope around the house waiting to go to work. So anyway there is a job coming up on a ward I worked on part-time last year, it is full-time so there will be days and night shifts but more days than nights. I don't think my husband is overwhelmed because it will mean when I have to work he will have to take our son to daycare first thing and then pick him up after work and get supper for them. I don't really care at this point because it doesn't feel like we have much of a life and I think a lot of it has to do with me working these nights so I'm hoping that once I am back on day shifts that things will improve at home. Anyway not much else really going on otherwise. Take care all and hope you have a great day!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I've worked out 2 times so far this week I plan on working out today at some point - hopefully I will

I've also lost 3 lbs I know its probably just water weight or something like that, but hey just seeing the scale move is a motivator.

Next week I'm hoping to bump up my workouts to 4 times a week. I'm alternating with my 3 DVDs, so I wont get too bored.

Hope you feel better Jen!

Liz
Closed Thread