Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default A new challenge

Here is a new challenge for those who are new to us and would like something simple to start. It is october 8th so ill say how about we all attempt to lose 5lbs by october 31st. so thats 5lbs by halloween.. I dont think thats to bad. Also just to make this a bit more of a challenge we all must cut out one bad thing *candy,pop, etc...* until then. Hopefully we will not want it back after this but if we do at least we went about 3 1/2 weeks without it. I say one bad thing and not specify cause some of us dont eat candy anyways or pop so we have to pick soemthing we eat/drink/do that is bad and stop doing it. I opt to stop eating ice cream *sigh my favorite thing but i go over board to easy all the time*.

good luck everyone.
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #2  

First that should not have said anyone new can join that should say anyone can join lol.. and second your welcome. I know when i joined i started on a challenge that someone did cause i had to do good with someone else expecting me too. you know. I was reporting back to someone else weather i did a good job or not and it was like if i didnt do it i was letting more then just me down * i know its not really the case but it felt like it. I have done an awsome job since i joined here and if it makes me lose to do it this way then so be it. Im glad i can help someone else out like many others here have helped me. I was so depressed when i came here. I had been 208 for 15 months *ds was 15 months sigh* when i joined this place and i just couldnt lose it and since ive been here ive droped 35lbs so im at 173 now. Its awsome and you know i had many days where i though god i look good but until i started getting comments lately about my weight loss and people asking if ive lost and just being noticed. I feel sooooo good. Just been so long since i felt that way. I have a ways to go but its a good start. every little bit counts and you will get to your goal cause you want to get there. DO NOT let anyone get you down no matter what. Ignore anyones comments if they are gonna be negative. Me i am really sarcastic and if someone is mean to me i just snap back but its not always right. Just keep telling yourself if i let what they say get to me and i go back to eating to much and gaining weight who will be miserable even more? ME... If i give up my diet becaus of what some one else said who suffers? ME... So just keep going and keep on eating healthy and exercising and drinking that water and remember you are doing this for you not anyone else. If anything you are doing it for your health for a long life.. I want to live a long healthy life with my kids. You will make it. Ill help you as long as you like. I have two small kids so i cant promise ill be here all the time but i check in at least one time a week to read things so ill see how your doing... Good luck and if you get tempted by your no no food just say im not aloud to eat that leave the kitchen. Or better yet write a note or many of them that say no BBQ sause and post them all over the kitchen and one in your pocket book..... that will help you not do it. Hope you have a great day.
misty
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/165/135

I am a new member as of today! I will take the challenge too. I feel encouraged to have this additional support. Misty you are right; the only person who suffers when I have a set back is me. Not sure what I'll give unfortunately I have lots of bad eating/drinking habits to choose from. Today is the beginning of a new venture and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Karen
kwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm up for this challenge. Not necessarily to lose more, although that would be nice to drop a few lbs. but because I'm having trouble staying away from no-bake cookies. So no cookies for me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #5  

well thanks for joining this challenge. I think most people here are trying to lose weight so i said 5lbs but i think many of us have a lot of bad habits we'd like to kick so i thought if we had to stay way from one thing for a couple weeks then that would be a good goal. I wish us all good luck on that one. I have had alot of will power and my hubby has learned after the first month that if he asks me if i want something and i say no not to ask me again or if im sure cause i dont need to have the chance to change my mind. I am strong and i think the longer i go where im in control of what goes in my body the easier it becomes. so its getting better. good luck to us all and welcome all to this challenge.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/162/120

Height: 5'7"

I'll join. One thing that i need to stop is drinking alcohol. Since i started dieting in the beginning of Sept i have gone from drinking everyday to about once a week, but even that is too much. When ever i drink i always go WAY over the calories that i set for myself, plus it's just unheathy and slows your metab, so thats what i'm going to stop. Gezzz this is going to be hard...... I hope i lose more than 5lbs, but i will be happy if i lose that because that will put my back in the 150's Well I took a picture of my scale this morning (i gained 1/2 a pound, grrrrrrrr) and i'll take another pic on the 31st, i thought it was a cool idea lol

AmberNichole1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #7  
searching 4 the real me

Okay... I'm up for this challenge. Cutting out one bad thing, well... I know exactly what that is. My diet coke. I've been wanting to get off soda's completely so this could be my challenge and try to break free from that. Along with that, working on shedding an extra 5lbs. sounds good to me.

AmberNichole~ I like your pic idea. That is very creative.

jENN~
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'd like to join up too! 5 lb by Halloween is DOABLE! Plus it would put me at the next "under", 219...I like to track my wt loss by getting to the next ten lbs, I got so excited at 289,279,269, worked so hard through that next ten and get the next "under"....so 219 will just knock me out! I haven't seen the other side of 220 since before I had DS and he's almost 7 yrs old.

My sacrifice will be....coffee with cream. I'm not one of those coffee junkies who gets headaches if I don't have coffee, so that's not a problem, I just don't care for black coffee, or fat free creamer, I like nice creamy full fat half and half, and lately I've been on a kick of it, and have been wondering if that's the reason why the wt loss has been stalled. My coffee pot is only a 4 cup maker, DH doesn't drink it, so its perfect for me, but 4 cups of coffee and the creamer that goes into those four is actually a couple hundred cals. Plus this month only I had to switch to a day shift from straight nights for the last 6 years, so I don't need the coffee to keep me awake all night (usually sip on it from 2am to 5a) Getting started is tough, I am not exactly a morning person, but with the exercise, I've been more awake in the mornings. Plus doing 12 hr shifts, I don't usually have to do more than 2 in a row, which makes my days off feel like actual days off, not spending them sleeping b/c I'd been up all night.

PS AmberNichole, I like the picture too! At my gym, we step onto the scale and can actually hold the readout screen in our hands, and when you reach a goal, they take a pic of you holding your scale...I am so ready to hold up my screen that says anything under 200---preferably 196, the 100 lb mark. I love it!!! Also, if you hadn't said it, I would've chosen to give up alcohol too---I bowl in a Saturday night mixed league and all us wives do shooters and drink pitchers of draft beer, so I KNOW that's not helping! So I choose beer as my secondary choice, there is only a few more Saturdays between now and Halloween anyways. LET'S DO IT!

Okay, I'm rambling....But excited to jump into this challenge..thanks for starting it- I like the idea of a "mini" goal....WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 10-09-2006 at 11:04 AM.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/213/139

I'm in!!!! I'm giving up Halloween candy. I bought a bag and didn't eat it but the kids did. Then I bought a second bag and must have eaten ten of those little chocolate bars last night. I told the kids finish the bag before I do, so I guess all those little trick or treaters will be getting fruit at my house. I don't know if I can lose the 5 pounds, my weight goes kinda goofy. i bounce around by about 5 pounds before I lose two and then start bouncing around again, so I'll give it my best shot.
card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/162/120

lol thats alot better than me I always weigh myself in the morning so i guess we will see if i lost (or gained) anything tomarrow morning. I'm hoping that .5 i gained was just water weight.
AmberNichole1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the challenge. Last night I had a craving for the no-bake cookies, but since agreeing to do this I didn't make them. Yeah!. My problem is that I although I make them LC (which is my way of eating) I can eat a couple dozen of them, so that definitely isn't low-fat, low-cal, or low-carb. Once I get started, I can't stop. Everytime I do this the scale goes up 3 lbs., I work hard to get it back off, then do the same stupid thing again. I'm a slow learner I guess.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #12  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Can I join this one too?

I totally want to lose 5lbs in the next few weeks. And, I'd like to not really give up something, but I'll say that I WON'T buy any Halloween candy...and if anyone has any around, I won't eat it. Will that work?

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Im in, 5lbs in 3 weeks, Ideally to meet my goal I need to loose 7lbs, but I will aim for 5lbs first. If I make the 5lbs I know i will be able to make the other 7lbs loss in 8 weeks Im not giving anything up, just trying to loose the lbs!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I'd like to join too! I'm not sure if 5 pounds is really good for me to lose in 3 weeks, but I'm gonna go for it. Nothing wrong with challenging myself! And I need a more short-term goal than Thanksgiving...so this will keep me motivated until month's end. I feel like if I set a goal too far in the distance, I keep thinking "oh, i have a couple months to lose 10 pounds"...and then by the time the 2 months is up...i still have 10 pounds to lose! LOL. So this will be good to supplement my Thanksgiving challenge.

As for what I'm going to give up....hmmm...I wanna try two things if that's okay? I want to give up the vending machine here at college, and also regular pop. I'm going to allow myself diet...but in moderation. I'm gonna try to slowly ween (sp?) myself off pop. Allowing myself diet would make it a lot easier for now. So that's it! I'm gonna make a ticker for this too. I'm excited...let's get started!!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #15  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Count me in on a 5 lbs loss. Would LOVE to be under 160...
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote