Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat-- 10/9-15

Well, my eating has sucked lately. I've got to watch that. I don't feel bloated like I usually do---but I think that's coming if I continue to eat this way. I've not stepped on the scale because I really don't want to know what I've done to myself--again. Not sure why I've been doing this on again/off again stuff. I know Atkins is the only thing that makes me feel healthy, eat enough that I'm not always hungry, and that I can lose weight on. So why am I sabotaging myself.....good question!
Yesterday went and bought our oldest DD a gun. It's just like mine. I'm taking mine in tomorrow to get a scope put on it (I had one put on hers and told her I was going to keep that one and she could have mine. lol). Anyway, DH went to look at it last night...and the pump won't close---it's harder than heck and takes two people to open or close the dang thing. So that's going back tomorrow as well so they can fix it!!
Hope everyone has been doing better than me!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda is the gun for deer hunting. My DH bought me a 243 last yr. and I really like it. It doesn't kick much. Before, I always hunted with a 20 guage single shot with a slug and it kicked a lot. I have a nice little scope now, so watch out deer. I have used my son's 12 guage before with a slug and it practically knocked me down.
I am now Day 3 of being totally on program for the millionth time. I got a lot of exercise outside yesterday mending the fence, so dogs would stay in the yard. Dang, they outsmarted me at least 5 times. I am making a conscious effort to drink a lot of water. Like you, I want to wait a few days to weigh again but my clothes are feeling very comfortable.
I did discover yesterday that I am physically very weak in upper body. I tried to lift a board that wasn't over 20 lbs. and could only lift one end at a time. I didn't know that I was this weak. I used to heft 250 lb. patients up in bed all the time at the hospital, I sure couldn't do it now. I was practically this size myself and if I still were, I'd probably need assistance now to even get out of bed. All this illness and multiple surgeries has really taken a toll on me. I am going to start using my exercise ball again for push-ups and see if I can regain some strength.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #3  
lilybelle

BB, I read your last post about the water and wt. gain. I tried once for a week to stick strictly to 20 carbs and drink at least 80 oz. of water a day. I expected a great loss that week and gained 2 lbs. I also was drinking diet soda and coffee and I definitely retained some of the extra fluid. I think the sodium from the soda and caffeine with both made me gain. I'm not sure but it seemed this way to me. I rarely drink any soda now, but I do drink at least 48 oz. of water, plus lots of coffee. I pee all the time and not retaining so much fluid. I also take potassium, calcium and a multivitamin everyday.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

BB~I dont believe l/c helps you retain water. I think its the fact that the diet itself is diruetic(sp?) and eating any salty foods keeps the water inplace. Do you notice that you crave water? .....here are my suggestions to kick yourself out of your stall

~drink at least 120oz of water
~lower your fat and salt intake
~eat at least 2 eggs a day
........if you want to try something that I know works...try eating only eggs for lunch and breaky (only butter and salt and pepper for seasoning...no cheese or any other type of garnishes) for supper, only a protein and salad, or veggie (butter, or oil & vinager for dressing on the salad)
....You will notice a drop within 3 days! Do this for 7 days. If you are hunger inbetween meals, eat an egg (thats your only allowed snack) I works~!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #5  
beachbum

Thanks LILLYBELLE

Hi Ladies

Didn't do too good at WI this morning. Up 1.5 this morning. I noticed that since I'm low carbing,I tend to have a salty:dool: taste in my mouth. Don't know if I should drink more water,as I'm up to 80 oz. 1/2 my weight.
I'm reading conflicting articles about water intake. Some experts say to flush water out with water,and than others are saying to eat diuretics like certain veggies[asparagus,cucumbers,lettuce & onions] Does anyone have any idea if this is correct?????????

I read the sticky above in the FAQ thread that low carbing does tend to get us retaining water. Thats why I'm asking the question. I'm on the Atkins WOE for 10 weeks and I'm stalling for about 4 wks. Was hoping for a great loss this week eating the right amts of carbs. Maybe I have to go back to Induction for a while,and work myself back to were I was lossing again.

Hugs BB

PS Brought this post to this week thread.

Thanks Lily & Robin for your help

Last edited by beach bum; 10-09-2006 at 12:27 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Lily: Hope your workouts give you the improvement you want. And sorry the dog chewed up your stuff! How did it go w/the boot? Fixable?

Robin: How's it going?

BB: I've never heard LC makes you retain water. I thought it was the opposite affect as usually the first weight that goes off is the water weight. Interesting!

Well, did good yesterday food wise. Probably a little higher in carbs--but they were healthy carbs so I'm ok with it. Didn't quite get all the water in---but it was better than nothing. Stepped on the scale this morning and it wasn't too bad. So I'll leave the sig. where it is for a couple weeks to see if I can get that weight there again. If not, I guess I'll have to break down and re-do it. Today I take the guns in. Won't even let them touch mine until I know if they can fix DD's!! Well, off to go get them into cases and get some other stuff ready
Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ its going non-stop! Thanks for asking

Food hasnt been good, but Ive just been too busy to deal with it. We have been trying to get ready for the trade show tomorrow. I spent most of the day yesterday, getting our background wall done. Personally I think it looks specatular!! But now my back muscles, and the muscles all along the backs of my legs are very sore. Its a 4ft wide piece and when you lay it down, its a long way to reach and apply all that vinyl But its done, and so is our banner. I wasnt happy with the banner, an of course managed to catch hubby in a bad mood when I told him. It needed some perking up. To me it just looked like a black banner with writing on it.....not too exciting. Especially when our tag line is "we will get you noticed" .....so it needed some help now it has some nice racing flags on it!!

Today will be spent pretty much at the heat press, trying to get enough stuff done for samples for tomorrow. We thought we had quite a bit, but we realized its all the same stuff. Just our company name, and tag line. So today, its "cool" stuff on shirts!! We ordered an attache case to use for our "door prize", and the winner can have their logo applied to it. That could be interesting, cuz we havent done that before

So, yup, its been busy around here. We also received our new cutter yesterday.....an exciting fun one, Im really looking forward to learning how to use it and the new program that came with it. We also received our new computer yesterday......but its still in the box. With everything thats going on, getting that puppy up and running isnt going to happen until this weekend. Cuz thursday we have to go to rochester....will likely be there most of the day.

Well, Im done my book have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #8  
lilybelle

Hi everyone.
Brenda, I took my "space boot" back to the orthotics place and they were able to sand off the rough "doogie teeth" edges and it is again usable. Yeah, I sure didn't want to pay for another one. It was a little embarassing to say the least.
As for my weight, I was disgusted this morning. Yesterday, I weighed 138 lbs. and thought there was hope of seeing 135 some day. I ate very carefully and drank my water. This morning, I weighed 140. A 2 lb. gain. I felt so much thinner when I got up today, until seeing that darn scale. My body absolutely refuses the 130's. (When I hit 145, I was ecstatic, so I don't know why I feel so driven to lose more). I have got to get out of this mindset and be happy with where I'm at. I feel like I'm too obsessed with the scale. Starting now, I'm not going to weigh for a week, these daily fluctuations drive me nuts. Next Tuesday when I weigh if I'm 140-145, my goal range, I am going to put on a happy face and be glad that I am maintaining, like I should be.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #9  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

My weight is up 4 pounds. I am frustrated. I have measured and I don't see any change. I totally blew this woe yesterday. Guys if you can send me some motivation to my spirit, I would greatly appreciate it. I have already blown the day, but I intend to go back to bacon & eggs for breakfast, blackened chicken salad for lunch and chicken broth for dinner. or vice versa for the next few days and try again. I am exercising daily up to 3 miles, but good grief, my body is just not cooperating. I really wanted to see 169 this month.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I was in the middle of posting to you when my computer went down. I don't remember what I was posting in the orginal one.

I wasn't feeling well this morning,had sort of a tummy ache,with the salty taste in mouth syndrom.Than I remembered that I had a severe sinus headache over the weekend tha resulted into a draining of the sinus yesterday morn.turning my mouth salty tasting.Now that I know I'm not worried anymore.

GOING TO UP MY WATER INTAKE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS

Brenda-I have to agree with you,about the low carbing. with the water retention. This hasn't happened to me before,so I have to find the culpid in my menu.

LILYBELLE-We had the "darn scale" decussion on another board that I post to just this morning. Weigh-in everyday doesn't to be frustrating,I weigh-in everyday but I average out by adding to find the total than divide into 7= total average weight for the week. Hope that helps.

MsChris-Sending your [[[[good : vibes]]]] and cyper hugs for support & motoavation. What did you do or eat so bad??????? "CARBS" . When I have a bad day with carbs I usually try to eat PB[fat] to stop the cravings. Fiber, Fat & Acidic foods like lemon or vinegar on salad are carb competitors.Learn that from another diet I was on. Hope that helps.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-10-2006 at 03:14 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #11  
lilybelle

BB, I started another thread under the Maintainers Thread. I was worried that I am becoming to obsessed with losing more. When I saw 140 on the scale and it depressed me, it sent up a RED FLAG. I should never let myself get down over being in my goal range. I don't need to lose more and don't feel it would make me any happier or healthier. I am going to just weigh every Tuesday morning for a while, and try to pay attention to how my clothes fit and how my body feels and not what the scale says. It is easy to get in the mindset that if 140 feels good, then 130 would be even better. But, what if at 130, I think 120 would be even better. I think I need to just try to maintain where I'm at for at least 6 months and quit obsessing over losing more. I allowed myself a treat meal tonite with my family and enjoyed it without guilt. Now, I got it out of my system and I'll be back at maintenance tomorrow morning.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

I blew it again. Not sure what happened. Need to re-do my mindset. I also need to get the exercise in. I can feel my neck tightening up and I know that exercise would help ease that up. Either that or I'll end up at the chiro office once a month. Cheaper to exercise. Would love a personal trainer to get on my butt and shame me into moving by getting in my face. Maybe I'll have to talk to one of my friends. She jogs all the time--maybe she'd help in that area. Need to get back OP with both eating and water at least. That's my goal tomorrow. And I'm going to dig out some of my other exercise tapes. Would love to get into a routine again. time for bed
Old 10-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #13  
lilybelle

Just wanted you all to know that after 2 months with this ankle injury and virtually no exercise that I climbed on the treadmill tonite with my ankle boot on and made it 1/2 mile. I realize that isn't far, but it's more than I have done in a long time. I am going to try to continue this most every night. Not to lose more weight, but to help me feel better. I just feel like I'm getting weak and tired and I know that exercise helps me feel better.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Lily: I think it's awesome that you managed to do even 1/2 hour! Bet you felt great after that Keep up the great work!!

Well, I've got 16 OZ of water in so that's a start. Breakfast will be an omelet after the girls get on the bus. Then I'll work on YG stuff. Then I'm hoping to be able to squeeze a 1 mile WATP in. That's the plan anyway
Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 AM   #15  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok ladies I went shopping yesterday and I am restarting induction today since I am not pregnant. Gonna get this weight off this time. Me and my husband are going to be careful now cause a baby at this time would not be good. So here I am again. Do any of you ladies have a account with Myspace. If you do, Let me know I have one on there where I have all of my fellow "dieting" buddies and we chat and leave pics and stuff like that. Ok guys well I am off to make breakfast.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote