Old 10-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Friends around the World # 14 - We're in McKenzie Country in NZ.

We've moved again. It seems that somewhere on the old thread we made an error and that may well be causing some of our members to have problems accessing our little community.

Moved threads, moved countries and hopefully moved pounds as well. Isn't the stress of moving supposed to make you lose weight?

So we've moved - staying in the Southern Hemisphere because it is summer down here. We've moved to the McKenzie Basin in the South Island of New Zealand. Here is a place with scenery of the grandeur of the Swiss Alps, temps that soar in high summer, has a church with THE best view in the world, is remote yet not far from anywhere, has lakes, beaches, wildlife, an observatory for searching the stars and anything else you might like to name. You can walk, hike, rest, relax, eat, drink, climb mountains and see stars, drink in the beauty or sleep peacefully. Here is our link for those coming to reside temporarily:

http://www.mtcooknz.com/

Read all about it.

Should you wish to go back to read from the last thread here is the address http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=91301&page=27, Happy has put in a long post overnight.

Please do not post there anymore.

Last edited by Shad; 10-08-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh boy, something is quite whacked with that old thread. Perhaps we need to be more mindful of the pics and graphics we display as that seems to cause the most damage.

Thanks for setting up the new place Shad. I can't seem to get the weblink you provided to open up - but I'm sure the new place is breathtaking. And I've always wanted to visit New Zealand.

I am still wasting away my Sunday printing and assembling these stupid newsletters. Next time I will just do a 2 pager. I don't think most people care anymore anyway. And now the bloody printer is jamming constantly
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

I couldn't get here with the link either. But I found my way!! I am glad you started a new thread, Shad... I was getting dizzy scrolling back and forth trying to read.....

Hello all!!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

Hello Tig, Hello Shad, we're all on at once. Nothing like a good view to make us all appear.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

PLEASE GOD LET THIS MESSAGE POST
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #6  
Happy September

Thank you!!! I was feeling so left out of the loop. In Aol's behalf, they tried everything to help me get back on and felt there was an error with the thread. Maybe they were right. I could post everywhere else on here except for the Broome thread. sigh

Shad thanks a million for changing over to a new one. You haven't got enough on your plate and worrying about all this too How are the Tinkerbelle plates
I am around you all the time!! I must be YOUR guardian angel! I'll never be one of those out of sight, out of mind people

Happy~ I need a new do also!! good luck with the newsletter!! You put a lot of effort into all this and I hope they really appreciate you. I complain a lot but I know the seniors really love me. I just like to *****!

Tig~ good to see you here also..... thought you forgot about me! How goes work???

I am going to post this. Feeling nervous that it won't load. The day is gorgeous. Went for a short ride. Clearing out junk in the hall closet. More recycling. Cooked chicken and made rice as well. Gave most of it to the kids. The bldg is going thru a tough time. Lots of alarms and ambulances. Nothing fatal yet thank God. I wish they weren't all in the middle of the night!! OK let me see if this will post. I will never put up another graphic again! keeping my fingers crossed
Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello Mel and Happy
It may be Sunday but I'm at work. It hasn't been that bad though cause I've only had 2 phone calls.

Not much going on.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #8  
Happy September

KIA ORA! WELCOME CHICKS....I FOUND ANOTHER WEBSITE FOR AORAKI MT. COOK IN MACKENZIE COUNTRY. LOVELY PLACE YOU PICKED OUR FOR US SHADDIE!! AND YOU'RE RIGHT....GREAT RECEPTION FOR MY DIAL-UP :lo3:

Old 10-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #9  
Happy September

HELLO CEEJAY!! HOPE WORK STAYS QUIET! HAPPY SUNDAY!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #10  

Let's try the link again. I've replaced it and ensured it remains on a line of it's own.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #11  

Dear me, we are all in here and all chatting away

I should not be here, but hey there are times when we can get all the worldly chicks on line and together. Doesn't happen often.

The scent of roses is coming in through the window/ door. It is really lovely, all reminiscent of honey and spices and roses. There are two heavily scented bushes out at the same time. Gotta love the old fashioned scented roses.

Fingers crossed - we may even get some much needed rain today. The kids are due back at school in about an hour or so, just the right time for the rain to fall. It will get the kids wet (for those few who walk to school) and ensure that mayhem reigns on the roads.

Happy, I am so sorry to hear that the hair is not right. It's always a bit of a gamble with new hairdressers. That's why I was so pleased when my hairdresser (having followed her around from salon to salon) was made manager of the salon 5K down the road and then bought a house in the area. It means she is not likely to move for a little while and she knows how I feel about hair and what I like. Lucky me.

Good to see you posting again Mel. We had to do something about you. I suspect we should not let the thread go over 25 pages. It seems to be the magic number. Aaah yes that was quite a shock to see the name on the bag. It doesn't say anything on the actual stall/ store itself. The no name shop. Is it a coincidence she has lots of little witches on broomsticks and boiling cauldrons etc.?

Ceejay - good to see you posting. Have fun at work.

Tig - nice to know you are still lurking away in the background there. Maybe work will let up once in a while to allow you to post.

Okay - time to go. Gotta get ready for the gym, then I'm going to sand a couple of walls ready for painting in the hall, and I'm having a go at a couple of old dining room chairs to see if I can repair them. This is a new trick. Wish me luck.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #12  
Choose your hard

Bump, bump, bump to get this thread on top...
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

Shad, the new link is loading any better than the old one
Old 10-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #14  

Ummm - problem with the link. Let's try one more time.

Let me know
Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

Sorry Shad, 2 minutes loading and still no page. Perhaps you must be a Kiwi to see it