Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Support Board for Week of October 8-14, 2006

Good morning! It's a pretty day here -- 58° right now with a high of 85° this afternoon. I can live with that.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #2  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Today is gorgeous here too! High of 69° which is nice for MI in October. However, the rest of our week looks like rain and they used the *snow* word for friday, ugh!!
I've had a very busy week, and a very 'off program' week. I missed WI on Wed. knowing I'd be up, so I'll bite the bullet this week and see what damage I've done. I've been having far too many more 'bad days' than good days lately. I can't seem to shake it. I need to get my rear in gear if I want to be 185 by Christmas!
Today is a lazy stay home day. We ran all day yesterday, sons soccer game, some shopping and then hubby and I went to the Detroit Tiger vs. New York Yankee game last night, which was a blast!!! So good to see Detroit put on the map for something good, the energy was so positive, the spectators so ecstatic over our win of this division. We left and everyone was walking the streets high-fiving strangers, honking horns, screaming "Let's go Tigers!!" ...it was magical. I remember this back from the 80's and I was a kid, something you'll never forget!

Back on program today!!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

It's been a beautiful day here in Toronto also. Warm, sunny, clear skies...great day all around.

I'm baking for tomorrow's feast and I must admit to nibbling. BUT, I've stayed below my point range and will have zero point soup for dinner. I've got my big glass of water beside me, tellling myself I don't want the goodies. I'll convince myself, I'm sure. But baking when you are trying to lose weight is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. I did use Splenda though, so that's a bonus.

I'll also put on that WATP CD and redeem myself

I hope you're all doing well.

Rhonda
Old 10-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

Rhonda, I was wondering if you celebrate both Thanksgivings? And is Doyle a Canadian native? I have been meaning to ask but never did.

It's still very pretty here too; starting to get hot (upper 80s) but manageable. I went to the store and got some cranberry juice as I have a raging urinary tract issue. It came on all of a sudden mid-morning. I had some Uristat that I started, and hope that it was caught early enough, but if I'm still in pain tomorrow morning I will be going to the doctor.

So far, the day has been uneventful. The dufus next door (where the big ol' deck is) is painting his house today. He didn't remove the screens though and we're just waiting for him to make a big mess and drip paint on them. As handy as we are, there are some things that are best left to a professional, and I think exterior housepainting is one of them. At least he had the foresight to come over this morning and let Judd know that he should move his truck out of the driveway.

Erin is at work, and chicken is thawing. I will fry it tonight as tenders for Judd and Erin to have later. I found the replica Chili's Honey Mustard recipe, so I'll make that for them too. Other than that, I think sauteed peapods and a baked sweet potato are the other things to round out the menu. I will have fish with the peas and potato; no fried chicken for this girl. Oh, and this is NOT the chicken that is being held captive in the freezer door. I'm still pondering that issue...

I am going to TRY and work 12 hours M-Th to get my 48 for the week; and then all of Friday will go on next week. I will be missing a half day next Thursday (10/19) due to leaving for Chicago (hopefully) and then won't be able to work at all on Friday or Saturday. I do believe that if I go that weekend, I'll come back on Saturday. That way I'll only have 2 nights' hotel, and four meals, and will allow Shaun to spend Sunday with his friends. I know he would rather do that than entertain the ol' fuddyduddy mom. I got a letter the other day and he is still worried about graduating on time, but says he's pretty sure that his tech school will be there instead of Pensacola. He's okay with that.

Other than that, nothing is happening here. The decluttering continues...
Old 10-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #5  

A quick FYI for those who are interested ... I'm not going to be the Core mod anymore. I still read here every day, of course, and will NOT be going away completely because I wouldn't dream of abandoning my friends!

Actually, the Core people are among the most well-behaved members on the board! A full-time mod is pretty much overkill, and so for now it's going to be reabsorbed into the general WW area where Mauvaisroux is the mod. If there's anything you need, like threads closed or made sticky, please just let her know and I'm sure she'll be happy to accommodate you.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #6  

Hi everyone
Gained 4# last week, probably too much sodium. I have started walking everyday, just finished my second week. Walke 8 times last week, with a total of 30 miles. Getting in my water, trying to be good and stick to the program.
Vivian
Old 10-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. it's a gorgeous day here, too. curtis and i went to the archery center today and practiced. huey lewis came in a short time after we got there. we shot with him and several other guys--and curtis ended up coaching all of them. one of the perks in archery is getting to meet new folks.

jennifer, we all have those off program weeks. goodness we don't give up. i loved reading about your baseball evening. it's wonderful seeing strangers come together over an event, isn't it?

rhonda, enjoy your day tomorrow. i just saw on hgtv on "offbeat america" a home that had a theater in its entire 2nd floor. it made me think of doyle. are ya'll planning to have a home theater? let's do some dreaming just a second. ya'll with a home like a movie theater and us like a home with an archery center in it.

kathy, we all appreciate the time you've spent being monitor. that had to have taken a lot of effort. i'm sorry you're not feeling well. i hope you don't have to go to the doctor. those urinary tract infections are dangerous. go to the doctor if you don't get better.

i'm going to repeat what rhonda said--everyone have a great op day. i'll be back later.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

vivian, congratulations. i'm happy for you. four pounds is a great loss.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #9  

Thanks very much, Sandra. While it doesn't seem like a hard thing, it does get tedious at times and it's nice to be appreciated.

See you all in the morning!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Definitely I celebrate both

Doyle is from Texas. We went to high school together and he is Sandra's first cousin.

Vivian, I see that Sandra gave you a 4 pound loss instead of a gain...so, I'd take that if I were you!

Kathy, how are we to figure it all out now?? I guess we will

Sandra: home theatres and archery centers sound good to me. I've been scrunched in Toronto and am looking forward to "land, lots of land under starry skies above!"

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

rhonda, we won't "fence you in." we probably will keep living right here. we haven't heard anything about the land we were considering since the smoke got thick. however, we keep dreaming. today we talked about building a home that looks like a big red barn. the loft would be the archery range.

vivian, i apologize. i used to teach reading, but that doesn't mean i know how to read. i misread your post. just keep on keepin on. those pounds will start melting.

kathy, did the cranberry juice help?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

well, here i am first this am. i'm up early, but curtis is still asleep. i wanted to get here before we get the day started to say hello. i want to wish rhonda and frouf, and anybody else who's celebrating thanksgiving today a wonderful holiday. enjoy your families and friends

i just saw this smiley and have to post it. i'm hoping to get back to w a this afternoon.

have a good day, everyone.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #13  
yawaii29

S/C/G: 143/143/130

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

It's supposed to be really nice today also..73 degrees. I will probably take my daughter out for a walk later..If not I can take a walk with my son and daughter when he gets home from school.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #14  

Welcome, Yawaii! It's a pleasant morning here too -- a high of 87° and currently 58°. There's a chance of rain tomorrow afternoon too, so I'm getting excited about that.

Sandra, the house sounds really cool! I hope you do build it and if so, could you have it done by next summer when I'm up there? Hurry, please.

Angela, I have a couple of gardening questions. I planted some lettuce the other day (romaine) and right now it's in a hanging pot, but I'm afraid it'll be getting too tall pretty soon and probably should move it before it completely takes root. I have a large pot, probably 20-24", that I'm thinking of putting it in. Do you know if things like that can grow well in a pot? I don't have an inground place this year since we took out the big garden last year, and would rather not till it up again just for some lettuce. The tag said that the lettuce needs full sun too, but I can move the pot over to the edge of the covered patio and at some point during the day, it will get full sun. If you have any input, I'd appreciate it.

I was thinking, while driving to work this morning, how often we complain about trivial things that are going on in our lives -- when so many other people have it much worse. In particular, I was thinking about Judd's aunt and uncle, and Vickie's friend Cindy and how compared to what they're going thru, my pathetic little attempt to lose 6-7 pounds seems silly. I mean, it's important to me and all, but it's not lifechanging if I don't. Putting it in perspective like that really tends to change one's outlook on things.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, blessed day.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone! Its a beatutiful day here as well - we are supposed to be in the 70's as well. Kathy I'm amazed that to you 80s are cool! For me I'd be pulling out my shorts and tank tops again!

I did OK this weekend. The cocktail party Friday night was nice - I stayed under an hour, had one glass of wine and a couple of small tid bits. I did go home and make pizza - had 2 pieces. I did have the points for the week so that was OK.

Saturday my dd ended up with a cold and did too much in the afternoon. By 4:30 she was exhausted and on the couch no moving much. For her thats the sign she is sick - thats the only time she is not actually moving. Ended up getting her to bed by 7 only to have her wide awake and ready for the day at 2:30! She finally went back to sleep around 4:30 and we were all up at 7. Saturday night we ended up just getting takeout chinese - I didn't do to bad, had chicken chowmain and manderine noodles. I usually get hot and sour soup but the last few times I had that I bloated something awful for the following days. Sunday I did now show any gain from our dinner. I was happy.

Sunday we just hung out and got plants. DD started to complain her ear hurtj and she had no fever; but she wanted to play. Ended up giving her tylenol which did help a bit and I called the Dr last night. I found out I was doing the right thing but not giving her the right dosage. I'm glad I called. She is better this morning - not complaining about her ear.

I'm at work today and then off until Friday - so at least if she needs to go to the dr or gets sicker, I'm home anyway.

I made a great breakfast casserole that I found on barbos site - there is actually a new site. I'll post that later today. Had that for breakfast, it was very good.

My scale is up a bit this moning - 179 rather than 178. I'm happy with that since I did eat more non core this weekend than I planned and TOM is looming!

Vivian, today is a new day. Focus on today and not the gain. It will come off!

Kathy, how are you feeling? I hope the cranberry juice is working. My MIL brought over fresh cranberries. I need to find something to do with them - she lives in Cranberry country down towards Cape Cod.

I'm off to post my menu for today. Take care all.
Closed Thread