Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #45 October 06'

to the OCTOBER edition of our Weighty Issues thread

Fall is here. The leaves have started to change, the weather is getting cooler. It is time to get out there and get in some brisk walks and enjoy this nice weather. Who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Noelle. I figured since it is a new month that I should start a new thread even though we seem to have lost a few people do to busy lives. I know they will be back when they get time. I hope so anyways.

The kids all have this next week off from school. I am sure they are excited about that. I wished everything wasnt so hectic right now I would like to try to squeeze in a night out in the RV if I could find an open campground.

Well, I should get movin and do something. I hope more of you get a chance to post today. We miss you. If there are any new lurkers that feel like posting we would love to have you.

Last edited by angieME; 10-10-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Gah! I didn't even realize it was a new month...with the 1st being a Sunday and all, it snuck right by me! I mean, I knew it was October... sheesh, Christmas will be here before you know it. I have been laying around the house these past few days, going into the office to get the necessary things done then just vegging out and lounging with Michael. He's on vacation til the 12th. We may go to see the movie Open Season today, i'm thinking I'll sneak in a bag of microwave popcorn for free

Good luck with the counseling and everything. Tough love will get Brit through. Hang in there for her. She's a kid acting like a kid, time for her to do a little growing up. I hope you get some counselors or therapists with a brain this time.

Well, I guess I should get off to the office and see what kind of mail came in. Chat more later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Things have been busy here. I haven't even been on my computer for a few days, which is usually very odd. Anyway, I lost 1.2 pds this week. Yeah. I didn't lose any last week, as my dad ended up back in the hospital (stress eating from that) and my period. Anyway, I stayed the same last week, with the 1.2 loss this week. I've found myself a local buddy, and we're walking and counting points together.

Angie, hang in there. I can't stand those counselors that blame everything on others. when I took my son to counseling, his counselor told him and us, "there is a consequence for everything you do." That goes for Brit too. She needs to learn there is a consequence, and stop putting the blame on you. I'm really beginning to think you should let her go stay with Dips and her family, so they can shape her up. I agree with Noelle, don't let that .5 gain get you even more stressed out. You've done so well, and I know you'll get to your goal.

Cal, I'm sure your counting down the days till school is out, and you can get a little rest for a few weeks. My son and DIL are going to Disneyland (without the little one) this weekend. They're talking of taking Taylor in December. She's not even two yet, and talks up a storm. Anyway, Taylor is already talking with excitement about Disneyland. I took my son when he was two and swore I'd never take a child under the age of five. However, I'd love to see her at Disneyland. I hope you go, and really enjoy yourself during your school break.

Noelle, I'm going to LasVegas next week. My husband is going for business, so the only thing I have to pay for is my own food, and gambling. The gambling part isn't a huge necessity as I like to play penny slots. I know, I'm a high roller. What can I say. Anyway, I'll probably be leaving as your getting there. I hope you enjoy yourself.

I hope to be back soon to talk to you guys.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! It is cold outside today!! BRRR!!

Noelle, I want to go watch Open Season so bad! Was it good? Me and Corey saw previews for it back in April and have been waiting for it to come out. I am going to take the twins down to see it sometime on their school vacation if I can swing the time. But....I am also looking forward to the theater popcorn. MMM. I havent been to the movies since me and Jay were 16.

CW, Hi!! CONGRATS on your loss!!!! GREAT JOB!!! I am so proud of you!

Have fun in VEGAS!!!

I have to go wrap some fudge up for the bakery. I will check back later.

Last edited by angieME; 10-10-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, just taking a coffee break from work. (so far I've balanced my checkbook and managed not to spill anything on my desk ). Angie, Open Season was hilarious, not just for kids but for adults too. Something about Ashton Kutcher's portrayal of Elliot (the one-antlered deer) is too funny but I especially liked the Scottish(?) squirrel in the tree. Go see it and enjoy the popcorn too. I didn't bring a bag of my own, but instead bought the kids portion for me and Michael to share, so that was a change--if Rick comes along he usually buys the large bag w/butter.... tastes good but so much cals. Go have fun.

Hi cw Congrats on your pounds lost, downward is good! I hope and pray your dad is on his way to recovery, it is really difficult to have a parent be ill, even if we are adults. You hang in there and enjoy your time in Vegas. We arrive really late Thursday night I think. And if you just so happen to leave some $$$ behind, I'll try and win it back for ya You know, this time the past 2 years in a row we took our son and niece to Disneyland, it was a blast--and the first year we took them I got to meet Cal. That was a great time too!

Cal, how many more days left? tick tick tick tick....

Well, I better get back to work or I never will.

Have a good one
Old 10-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

p.s. Angie, thanks for sending the "pumpkin". I couldn't have picked a better one myself...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. Holy cow it was cold out this morning!! All the leaves on the ground were covered in frost. Me and jay are going to see Brit tonight. I told her to write a list of things that have been bothering her and we can go over it. I figured this way maybe I wont be so shocked in an actual counseling session and caught off guard. We have another team meeting on Wednesday to set her up for the counseling program so I am sure that she will be home next week sometime.

Noelle, Great Job on only buying the kids size portion. I know I wont be that good when we go. I am glad you liked the pumpkin. haha

Do you guys think Kempy is settled in her new house yet? The last time she posted was on September 1. I hope we hear from her soon.

I had to go to the candy counter the other day at the Mall to get Corey some chocolate covered coffee beans. While I was there I saw these coffee flavored things by Jelly Belly called JB'z so I was thinking they were jelly beans and I bought a bag. I love the buttered popcorn jelly beans. YUM

Well, when I got them out to the truck they werent jelly beans but these m&m things with a flavored coating on them like, cappuccino,mocha,coconut etc. OH MY GOD!!!!! They are so good!!! I think I am addicted to them. Thankfully the Mall is an hour from home.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey, I wonder if I should modify my vaca goal. I only have 10 weeks left to lose 23 pounds and I bet that would be pushing it especially since doing WW my weightloss has been slower than any other time I have dieted.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #10  

Just very quick. It's vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!! I got home about 4 this afternoon. I would have left school earlier, but a teacher I worked with the last two years came by to say hello; so I stayed and visited. It was still nice there because the kiddos had 1/2 days Wed, Thur, and Fri.
I am so going to enjoy not having to get up early. Ashley is off this next week also and we are going to California on Thursday for 3-4 days.
I'll try to be more diligent the next couple of weeks and post more often.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I am down 3.9 pounds this week. YEAH!!! I am also in Onederland again!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! It is strange but I see a pattern in my journal where I lose .5 to 1 pound per week and then I always have one 3-4 pound loss week. Strange huh?

Cal, Have a great vacation! You deserve it.

It is so cold and frosty outside right now that it looks like snow on the ground. I have to go for a walk. YUCK!!

I will check back later. Have a fun weekend everyone!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, Happy Saturday! Me and Rick went to see an "adult" movie for once last night--NO, no that kind of adult movie , but something that was not animated or for kids. We saw The Departed, w/Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Wahlberg to name a few.... produced by Bradd Pitt.... that movie had a lot of unexpected twists and turns and we thorougly enjoyed it. A bit violent, but I guess that's because I've been watching cartoon deer, bears and racoons for too long

Cal, enjoy your time off!!! It's always nice to catch up w/friends you haven't seen or spoken to in a while. Say hi to Bert for me if you visit in CA

Angie, way to go and welcome back to one-derland! still wanna modify your vacation goal? It looks that much closer eh? You know, w/WW you may have your little "stalls" where your body is getting used to it's new weight, but then BAM! Those pounds drop off. Keep it going girl
Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Monday girls!!! It is HOT outside today. Me and Alicia took a walk and I am still sweating!!! I have been deep cleaning the house today because I got a phone call from the nurse at the hospital last night and Brit caught head lice. YUCK!!! Since we went to visit on Friday and the twins went on Saturday I figured I had better be safe than sorry and I used the shampoo on us all and I have been doing all the laundry since 7:00 this morning. I get the heeby jeebies just thinking about it.

Noelle, I will have to see that movie. I was wondering if it would be any good. Did you do anything ele fun this weekend?

Well, I gotta go fold some more laundry. I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, happy Monday. I am hard at work this Columbus Day .... but only because I am going on vacation on Thursday . So it's a nice trade-off. Michael is lying on my cough playing his Gameboy, wrinkling the heck out of my slipcover though. And one of his teeth feel out yesterday while we were eating shave ice, so the tooth fairy brought him some money. It's an expensive job!

Let's see, this weekend I saw some good movies, did a Humane Society Pet Walk yesterday morning, TONS of dogs, a few cats and bunnies even were walked around the beach park to raise money. It was hot and humid but still fun. My sister has a friend with a male and female neopolitan mastiff. She walked the male who weighs 140 lbs, and he walked the female who weighs less but is more aggressive. Everyone wanted to take pictures with "the dog from Harry Potter"... We brought Lucky and Lena and they were terrifed of those huge dogs. But they are pretty much gentle giants.

Angie, YIKES about the head lice. (You know you're making me scratch my head right now, right? ) I got an email from Kempy today, Joe's ph. # is listed with a 713 area code, that's Houston right? So I'm guessing they've moved. Can't wait til she's back online again.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a good one
Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #15  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girls...

SHAME ON ME for staying away so long! School is something else. I won't bore you with my rant on how hectic my schedule is but DAYUM! I don't know how I survive without amphedamines.

Angie- Look how far you've come. I am so very proud of you. Through all the trials of this past year you managed to stay focused. You rock!

Noelle- You always catch the kiddie movies as soon as they come out. You are on cool mommie!

CW- A loss is a loss. apreciate it because it ll adds up in the end! As long as you're going down and not up, that's cause to celebrate. Hope your father gets well soon.

CAL- Girl, everytime i turn around your butt is on vacation. I need you to adopt me

I guess I have to work on being more present. I miss you girls so much. But Midterms are coming in a few weeks and you know how that anxiety can get.

Still I'll do my best.
Luv You Guys!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote