Old 10-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #1  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Default Question about Natural Peanut Butter

I believe that it was someone here that suggested just pouring the oil off of the top of the natural PB to help reduce calories and fat etc. So, I did that even though I know they are good fats, I hated the really oily texture natural PB sometimes has. My question is...it seems now that I am stuck with some really hard peanut butter as I still put it in the fridge. Today I solved the problem by microwaving it for a few seconds. Any other suggestions on keeping it spreadable without the excess oil?

Thanks
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #2  

I tried the same think and it went really hard.if its all natural with only peanuts,then the oil is suppose to be really good for you.
4me2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I pour the oil off after opening the jar, too. After that, I keep it in the fridge and mix it up again every once in a while. The peanut butter is usually pretty much ok until I get to the bottom third of the jar. I've definitely done 15 seconds in the microwave. Other than adding in more oil, I don't really have any other suggestions. I've never tried to do that, because the microwave situation works fine.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #4  

Instead of pouring off the oil, unless you really want to stick with that, I put the jar upsidedown when I get home from the store and the next day it is nicely mixed up. It just needs a little stirring, and the oily mess is gone.
amyn is offline   Reply With Quote