South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Please send prayers..

I had a rough night. I'd had a great day spending way too much money on myself until this evening and now I'm totally bummed out.

My brother went to the doctor earlier this week with signs of anxiety. No big shock there, as it runs in our family. Have you met me? Well they did an EKG on him and apparently a cardiologist looked at it and they called him today wanting him to go in and get cardiac enzymes drawn as soon as they open tomorrow. I guess he might have a cardiac problem, at 20.

I'm glad I have a hook-up in the lab otherwise it takes forever to get results back, and Mom and Dad leave for Key West Saturday morning. I'll call my friend around noon and she can break the law and let me know if he's elevated or not. I guess he might have had a heart attack. I don't know. He's not a big kid or anything. Davis butt, and a little gut as he's gotten older, but not near as big as DH.

Got in a fight with my boss right after that too. Just what I needed. But I'll live. Please pray for my brother. He's just too young to have a heart condition. I may be worrying for nothing but that's what I do.

Oh by the way, fell off the wagon after all that. Potatoes and beer! I feel ill.

Thanks chickies.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Prayers are headed your way!!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weezle, you and your brother are in my prayers. I hope it all works out just fine.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #4  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

I will keep you and your borther and the rest of your family in my prayers!!!! Just be reassured that w/ today's technology he will be taken great care of!!! I found out at 19 that I have a "heart condition" too. Mine is so rare that there isn't even 100 people in the world that have what I have.

But the dr.'s take such good care of you and they will keep a GREAT eye on him and monitor him!!!!

Please keep us informed!!!!

PS - I wouldn't worry about falling off the wagon - just pick yourself back up and hop back on!!!! If I were as stressed as you are right now - I would fall off too (I am sure everyother chick would agree!!!)
Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #5  

I am thinking of and praying for your brother.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #6  

Many prayers and good vibes Weezle! If it is a heart condition, like RMT says the technology and monitoring are cutting edge.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Weezle - Super prayers headed your way honey!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Weezle, I'll definitely keep your brother and family in my prayers. Have you heard anything today?

Hope that you were able to patch things up with your boss, for your own sanity. Don't stress about the wagon, just pick yourself up and next time aim for something that makes you feel better and doesn't make you feel bad later. Like hugs, a rough game of basketball, venting to a friend, coffee with a friend, or watching a good movie to take your mind off things.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Update...

Well, the cardiac enzymes were normal, but everything else was off. I have no idea what some of these tests even ARE. Of course the doctor didn't call and didn't let anybody know about the 2nd EKG either. So at least we know it wasn't a heart attack.

His bad cholesterol was 184 which is "normal" but still pretty high for a kid his age. His good cholesterol was 31 which is low. His TCH was 594 which is WAY high for whatever that is. And his VLDLC (huh?) was low. I don't have a clue.

So Mom and Dad go to Florida as planned and Ryan will be stayin at their place with the dogs. Hopefully having the dogs around will ease some of his anxiety. Nothing like lying on the couch with one dog in your armpit and the other on your lap.

That's all I know. Hopefully we'll find out more Monday. Thanks for the prayers girlies. And even after falling off the wagon yesterday, I still lost a pound. Must have been the pilates.

Much love to you. Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

So glad that he didn't have a heart attack, Weezle! Yay for Pilates and the lost pound!

Let us know when you hear anything new.
Closed Thread