Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Post One simple step to better self-esteem

I found something that actually really works on your self-esteem, and that is talking good about yourself. Each morning when I wake up I say something good about myself like "you are beautiful." Now that this has turned into a habit and from saying this over and over again I SEE myself as beautiful every time I look in the mirror. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you this. My self-esteem was rock bottom and I thought I was u-g-l-y, but one day I was told by a friend to start saying good things about myself. Immediately that next morning upon opening my eyes I started saying good things instead of "ugh, I don't want to get out of bed." I turned those negative thoughts around into positive thoughts. As a result, my day went a lot smoother, and I was starting to believe those good things I was saying about myself. I recommend that you give it a shot. It may take a little time but let it turn into a habit and see how things change in your life.

Update: I was just thinking, right here after you read this go ahead and type something good about yourself.

Here's mine: I am smart and beautiful

Christina

Last edited by butterfly_dreams; 10-06-2006 at 02:51 AM.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:48 AM   #2  

I used to do something like this. I hated looking at myself in the mirror so I would tell myself 'When you look in the mirror you will see the most beautiful woman in the world!' This would make me laugh so when I'd look I'd see a happy me. Happy me looks much better than sad me so over time I felt better about myself.

Works!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #3  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

I am an intelligent, determined woman on her way to a gorgeous body of vibrantly good health. I will look better at 50 than I did yesterday.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #4  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yep. That's exactly why I changed my avatar! I remember this song from the 60's called "The Girl From Ipanema" that to me sounded SO sophisticated and swingey.

Now when I take a look at myself [some 40 years later!], I sing "Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes a-walkin'...."--it TOTALLY cracks me up and I go off feeling "swingey" again!

Ipa
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

I've also found positive affirmations in many areas of my life. Especially when I make an effort to make them a habit.

I definitely recommend them.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #6  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

do you get the voices coming back at you, saying "no you aren't"?
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #7  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Oh, you mean "The Committee"? Sure, whenever they say "No you aren't" , I just keep singing the rest of the Ipanema song:

"Each day when she walks to the sea,
She looks straight ahead--not at me!!!"

And keep on walkin'!

Ipa
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote