Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'5"

Default any stay at home moms??

I am 27 and a mom of 2 little girls-looking for others on the same path-looking to lose 30 lbs,but I stay at home and really don't have any friends to help me out! looking for people to bounce ideas off of and get some tips and motivation-some one to answer to!! - i keep hearing that having "buddies" will really help!
lids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

No kids, but I'm a stay at home wife! Nice to meet you, lids.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am a stay ay home mom of 4. I am down to under the last 10 pounds to lose to reach my goal. I may go further but i will wait and see.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

SAHM to a 1 yo. I try to get out 4 or 5 days a week to the park and run/walk with him in the jogging stroller. I do between 4 and 7 miles each time. During the winter, last year, I put him in the bouncer while he watched me to an aerobics video. Now, it will probably be the playpen, or do it while he naps. Or I do the stair stepper. I also do leg lifts while lying in bed nursing. I have my hubby take over baby central for an hour some evenings while I run to Curves or a step aerobics class. Or go visit the folks and leave him with grandpa long enough to hit their local Curves.

But the easiest way to exercise...I park waaaaaaaay at the back of the lot, all out by my lonesome, then carry the baby in. At 23 1/2 pounds as of his Dr. appt. today...that's some hefty weight lifting.

Oh, and if you have stairs, I use the ones at my parents when I'm there, strap on some leg weights and see how many times you can run up and down them. Believe me, the kids will be looking at you wondering what you're doing. So you get exercise and entertain them at the same time. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:11 AM   #5  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

hi! im a SAHM mom too! and i havent been on here for a while. i kinda "fell off the wagon" (or is it "back on the wagon")??? anyways my friend coped out on me and i gained bacu my weight. (my ticker is wrong, i am 161 now) i know i know! BAD! I need some motivation like you! when my daughter is in school i can take my son on walks in the jogging stroller. i used to powerwalk 1-2 miles a day and/or do a WATP dvd. i love those! pm me if you ever want to chat or want a buddy! i could use a buddy that is willing to STICK WITH IT! lol
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/162/120

Height: 5'7"

i have 2 toddlers (daughter almost 4yo and son almost 5yo) and i think it does make it a little harder. I can't just go out for a run when i want and i have to make all thoes yummy looking foods for the kids when i know i can't eat them, but i think it just makes me stronger lol
AmberNichole1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hello! I stay at home with the kids too. It hasn't always been this way, when I was with my ex he had a fit if I didn't work at least part time which is really hard to do when you have 5 kids and you only make min wage and you have to pay a babysitter! Anyways. My new hubby wants me to stay home and we have managed to pinch here and there to make it work. It is great! I don't feel like my attention is divided any more between house and kids and work and hubby. I can just focus on the home and family. This has made a big difference in me being able to lose weight and get healthy. Plus the fact that my hubby actually helps with stuff around the house and the kids! I am able to focus on me and getting healthy now. Nice to meet other stay at home moms too!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #8  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I'm a 22 year old SAHM to 2 year old Morgan and 4 month old Hailey. Morgan loves going for walks with her bucket and collecting leaves, so I put the baby in the stroller or sling and we go for walks around the neighborhood. My 4 month old goes to bed at around 8 PM, so I head out to the gym at that time.
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole1983 View Post
i have to make all thoes yummy looking foods for the kids when i know i can't eat them, but i think it just makes me stronger lol
Which foods? My 1 yo eats what I eat. For pasta, it's whole wheat. You can get the Kraft Super Mac & Cheese and Lipton Whole Wheat Alfredo for kid favorites, but with the whole wheat touch. We use All Fruit or Simply Fruit instead of jelly and whole wheat bread. I don't give him "white stuff" and he won't grow up wanting it. Tonight was sweet potato, mixed veggies and grilled chicken. He cleaned his plate.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #10  

well i eat a very low calorie diet. (if i eat even like 1000 calories a day i gain weight) I also don't eat meat, except for free range eggs (my husband and kids eat meat though). So if i make them cereal for breakfast i can't eat any. I also buy them stuff like nutragain bars, puddings ect. As for cooking when i cook them spaghtti, chicken, potatos ect I don't eat any because there is just to many calories and i could only like 2sq inches and then not be able to eat the rest of the day. My kids do eat healthy, but i have my own foods that i eat, like bullion cubes (5 cals), frozen zuccini squash mix (20 cal for almost 1 cup), egg whites (16 cals), stuff like that.

Last edited by AmberNichole1983; 10-08-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #11  
I AM healthy!

Amber I added ya to my livejournal!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Do you think it is strange that you aren't able to maintain at a higher calorie range?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #13  

cool I have always had a slow metab and for me to maintain a low weight when i was young i had to not really eat much. 2 years ago i was 110, but i lost the weight VERY unheathy. For the last 2 years i have been eating pretty normal like everyone else i know (probally like 1200 calories a day, i tried eating more, but the more i ate the more i gained) and i got up to 180. So in the beginning of last month i found out that my wedding ring was stuck on my finger because i gained so much weight. So thats when my diet started and i lost 15lbs last month about about 3 this month so far, til later

Amber

Last edited by AmberNichole1983; 10-09-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow-great to hear from some people in the same boat-getting great ideas, ie-kids food that i feel good giving them and i can even share! Hope to keep it up like all of you-i'm brand new on here-currently having heart problems so excercise is sort of a scary concept right now-hear from the doc thursday re what's wrong-go from there i guess.keep in touch mommies!!
lids is offline   Reply With Quote