Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 06:17 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Old 02-14-2001, 07:15 PM   #2  
Mother Hen

Good Morning!

Looks like CJ and I are the only ones up this mornng.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Hugs, Judy
Old 02-15-2001, 09:15 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone ~

Ok, I finally did it.....I finally went to my WW meeting and gained. Heck, I don't know why I'm crying cuz I'm the one who caused it. Ok, so tomorrow, I am so bad on track....and I didn't gain that much, just "point 2" but heck, it was still a gain!!! I'm over it now and tomorrow morning, I start just like it was week #1.

Sherry Wow, your anniversary is Valentine's Day.....Happy 14th on the 14th!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Y'ALL

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-15-2001, 10:32 AM   #4  
MK

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. My suprise went wonderful for my husband. He was totaly suprised. All the ladies at the office couldn't belive the balloons and bear were his. HAHA We enjoyed dinner at Tony Romas. I have enough left over for dinner tomarrow. I had cheese sticks, steak, loaded baked potatoe and tea. I did eat some candy though. I didn't realize that the bear I got for him came with some gormet chocolates. I have three left. I can have one everyday for the next 3 days. That way I can burn off the calories.

I haven't joined WW yet. I just don't know if I want to spend the money. I guess I feel like I should be able to do it myself. Of course that hasn't worked yet, but I haven't really gotten down to bussiness yet. Now is a good time. Well, I want to check out some of the receipies so I will go for now.

Oh YEah! I want to thank CJ for starting this new Thread. Maybe next time I won't be so nice.HAHAHA

Talk to everyone later.
Old 02-15-2001, 05:51 PM   #5  

Hello Ladies,

Have bad news to report regarding the trial. Yesterday, the judge called a mis-trial! This is the same judge that threw out the confessions back in May of 2000. The whole family is so upset and frustrated. So this means we have to start all over on April 2nd again with a new jury and all. Something was said that was supposed to be said in front of the jury. It was no big deal, but prosecution fought hard to try to convience this judge, but he wouldn't listen. His mind was made up before we got there! So.....here we go again and I will not give up. I will continue to fight for Richard if it's the last thing that I do.

I will post more later.

Love, Chrissy

[This message has been edited by Chrissy (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 08:00 PM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Chrissy, that is so unbelievable!! You should not have to "fight" for Rick. It's so unfair! I wish there was something I could do. Maybe that reported from the Detroit News can write another article. Lots of people don't believe that bull**** like this can happen in the American court system. You're in my prayers, my friend.
Old 02-15-2001, 10:02 PM   #7  

Chrissy....I agree with Jo all the way. Get hold of the Newspaper again and get the word spread again about the judicial system in your city. It sucks!!!!! There is no fairness to the victims at all. Why should you and your family have to suffer for 16 months. Some of those people need to have something like this happen to them and they would surely have a different outlook on things I am sure. It isn't fair that you and the girls can't even plan your life from day to day because you never know when the trial etc. will start and what will happen. I will keep you in my prayers. Love you. Sandi
Old 02-15-2001, 10:09 PM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone,
Gosh I am really sore this morning. I think it may be because I exercised way too much yesterday at the gym. But I did find out that exercise also helps witht he anxiety/panic attacks that I get.I refused all candy at work yesterday but did treat myself to a big fat cinnamon frosted sweet roll after dinner yesterday.

Judy...Good to see yo here again. How are things going your way? Hope things are fine. Miss you around here.Post more often.

Zoe...I just bet that next weigh in you will have a great loss. Don't worry about last week. Just try a little harder this week. You can do it.

M.K....Your surprise to hubby and your dinner sounded so nice. I think that was such a cute thing to do at his work. I think it was you that asked if I lived in Ilinois. Yes I do. About 40 miles south of Chicago.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy it to the fullest. Love to all....Sandi
Old 02-16-2001, 02:59 AM   #9  
CJ

Hi guys,
This is Sharon, I am visiting CJ at her house right now and am using her computer. We just got back from lunch and so I thought I would post while I am here.

Well I see my sister in law Chrissy broke the bad news about the trial being declared a mis-trial. As Chrissy has told you, we are all extremly upset that this has happened. We were just down to the last 2 witnesses and than all the prosecutor had to do was give the closing arguments yeserday and we were home free. But we never got a chance to, because the judge decided that something said "The day before" by the prosecutor after one of the detectives that took one of the confessions was done testifying for the prosecution and was ready to be cross examined by the defense. It was than said that the witness was ready to be questioned by the defense about the VOLUNTARY confession. Now the key word there was VOLUNTARY, which the jury should NOT had heard. I guess it was not up to anyone to determine if it was voluntary or not. For all we knew maybe the police threatened his family if he didn't confess. I am sure that was not the way it was done, but that word should have never been heard by the jury. So after it was adjourned than the judge brings it up so right away the defender, she jumps on it. So the next day she was ready with her arguments of why there should be a mis-trial. Well our prosecutor argued and argued why there should not be a mis-trial and they even called in the boss and his boss too, but to no avail. I mean I don't know why the judge didn't just say something right after the statment was heard and instruct the jury to disregard that last statement and have the statement strickened from the record. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that would have been too easy, than the trial would have still been going on as we speak.

This judge really doesn't like us too very much. Especially since we went and appealed the right to have the confession heard during this trial. My daughter thinks this was already in his mind and so for the next trial we really have to watch our P's and Q's and make sure nothing gets said that would end in a mistrial.

As far as contacting the paper and letting them know about this farce of a trial. We really have to wait till the trial is all done and over with. We don't want to step on anyones toes and cause further dislike for us. Once this is over with than we will be free to do and say what we like.

So on April 2nd, it begans all over again for us. We will still have the same prosecutor, because we really like him think he did a great job and don't blaim him for what happened. I think the judge was determined from the get-go for this to happen and there was no avoiding it. We have talked to him and have all agreed that he will be on the case. But the good news is that the last prosecutor we had will ALSO be on this case. So we now get 2 prosecutors for the price of one. We like them both and feel they together will do a great job. We have a good repore with both of them and together decided we want them to try this case.

Chrissy will have to testify once again and I tell you guys, it brought each and everyone of us to tears to see her up on that stand crying her eyes out while she told her story of finding the van by the side of the expressway, that my brother drove that night to work. I cried so hard to see her sitting there while the prosecutor cross examined her. My heart went out to her, but you know guys, she did so well. When she was up there, we all were crying while we were listening, because it brought back all the memories of what happened that night to her. She was really quite amazing and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Anyways guys, I just wanted to fill you in a little bit more. Thanks for all your encouraging words through out all of this so far. We will continue to need your support because it is NOT over yet. But it will be soon. We will, like Chrissy said, fight for Rick because he is worth it and we love him.

I will talk to you guys again, thanks for being there my friends.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon

[This message has been edited by CJ (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 09:12 AM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Ladies ~ My Thursday night workout was great! I'm actually liking this exercise stuff....and no one's more surprised than ME!!

MK ~ I'm so glad that your Valentine surprise went well. We went to Tony Roma's for dinner for V-day too!!

Chrissy ~ This is so crazy! I don't understand what these judges/attorneys think when they make the decisions that they do. It's things like this that makes me wonder about our justice system. I'm so sorry that you and your family are having to endure this. My prayers continually with you.

Sandi ~ You're right....I'm going to be so good this week.

Sharon ~ of course, my prayers for you too. This is such a horrible experience in the first place, and to have to endure a judge with half a brain.....well, just know that I am praying for you all.

well, nothing new here tonight....TGIF tomorrow!! Woo Hoo.

have a great night.

------------------
Old 02-16-2001, 09:39 AM   #11  
CJ

I better post here before there is too many to answer to! haha

Sharon & Chrissy:
I'm so sorry about the trial turnout this time ... hopefully in April, it will work out and that will be the end of it so you can all get on with your life!

Sherry:
Happy belated anniversary! Did you have a great nite?

Angel:
Congrats on your 3# loss! Great job!

Zoe:
Don't worry about that minimal gain ... it will be gone by next week plus! Good job on the exercise - I'll get there some day - just as soon as I put my mind to it!

MK:
Glad your valentine surprise turned out well for hubby. I do wish you luck on following the WW plan on your own - I thought I could do it too, but found I really need someone to account to - at least for now anyway. If you can do it on your own that would be great. Good luck!

Oh, yes, almost forgot: DRUM ROLL PLEASE! I had weigh-in this morning and was down 1 lb! It's gonna come off show, but thats alright with me - just as long as it comes off!

Welll, need to go do the updates ... and then bed .. will post my food tomorrow. It won't look good for today ... went to Pasquales with Sharon and had baked spegetti! Enjoyed every bite too! I only ate half of it - saved the other half for hubby - minus the cheese of course! hahaha

Until tomorrow...
Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Old 02-16-2001, 07:30 PM   #12  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all and Happy Friday! I know I had Wednesday off and all but these weeks are still seeming to long. Must have something to do with the winter "blahs" I think. I just can't seem to function when the day is dark and cloudy and cold. Grumble.

BTW, I had an eye doc. appointment on Wed. and they say my eyes are doing really well. The implanted lenses are still clear and look good, etc. Only problem was they dilated my eyeballs and I had to drive home on the turnpike. Wasn't too bad since it wasn't really sunny or bright but I had to get off at an exit I don't normally go to and couldn't read the ticket to see how much it would cost! LOL!!

Also got my hair cut on Wed. but I'm not sure I like it just yet. Have to wait and see.

I've been doing pretty well food-wise this week, I think. Been afraid to get on the scale so I'll have to wait until weigh-in tomorrow morning to see. Sunday night, Rich is taking me out for Valentines Day dinner at this local, very nice restaurant. I've only been there once before on my b-day 2 years ago and fell in love with the place. It's very pretty and the food is wonderful! They have their menu on their website so I've already decided what I'm going to eat! How's that for planning ahead? If I'm good up till then, I'm thinking of having dessert! We'll see.

Meanwhile, the weekend will be filled with unpacking and decorating, etc. At least I'm getting my exercise! Which reminds me - I've also been on my treadmill almost every night for at least 20-30 minutes. Boy I sure hope this is a good weigh-in!!

Have a good day all!
Much love, Jo.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:24 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry not to have been around this week, but it has been one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong did.

We are leaving on Monday the 19th for a vacation in California - doing Disneyland and area for a week with our daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter. So have been trying to get organized for that as well.

Ken has had a bad flu virus all week and his hand swelled up and got all hot and his eyes got infected. He was really sick and is on antibiotics now, so hopefully will be all better by Monday. We have all been keeping our distance from him so it doesn't get spread around.

Chrissy and Sharon, I am so sorry that your ordeal is being prolonged yet again. What can I say. Your disappointment must be crushing and overwhelming. You two are very brave women. April isn't all that far away and hopefully this time things will run more smoothly. My prayers to you and your families. Take care. {{{{{CHRISSY & SHARON}}}}} Big hugs for both of you.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have to get going. You probably won't hear from me till after we get back, so you all be good and I will get back into the swing of things when I get home. Hopefully all the walking we will be doing will keep me from gaining. See you soon. Love, G

------------------
~~~One Day at a Time~~~
Old 02-17-2001, 07:00 AM   #14  
CH

Chrissy and Family--- I really can't believe this! I have been thinking of you all week. What is the problem with this Judge? This trial can't be that hard. There is so much evidence to put this monster away. How come it's so clear to us and the Judge is so blind? I hope this scum get put away with no parole. There's something wrong in our country when people do something wrong so we put them away and next thing you know they're out on "good behavior". If they are good in prison, leave them there! Prayers and hugs for you and your family, especially that ole Sharon. Love you girls.

Well it's been a long, long week. We had our Book Fair at school, that's a big deal for us. I had my baby girl almost all week. She is to special. I was sorry to see her Mama come home. Haven't had my computer on all week. Will try to catch up tomorrow, if I don't sleep all day. Have a great week-end. I am proud of all of you who lost this week, pray that I'm one next week. Haven't been on the scale all week. CJ thinking about going back to WW, like you I need help. Went to Dr. she was proud I had lost 10 lb.. Didn't have the heart to tell her I had lost 15 and gained 5 back. Carolyn
Old 02-17-2001, 10:07 AM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hey Y'all ~ another weekend is here....YES!!! It's going to be a busy one but heck, who cares.....all I know is that I don't have to work for 2 entire days.

CJ ~ WTG on another pound....don't ya just love being a "loser"???

Jo ~ great job on doing the treadmill every night. I never was a fan of exercise but now that a friend and I joined a gym, I am really liking it. Keep up the good work!

Gail ~ Glad to see you back again although you're leaving again....ha! Have a wonderful, wonderful time in California.

Hi to everyone else....have a great weekend.

------------------
Closed Thread