Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Default Cravings at end of Phase I? HELP!

I am on day 13 of phase 1 but have lost only 6 lb on it and am craving sweets today and yest afternoon something fierce! What is wrong with me? All I can think of is that my period is due next week but it is annoying. I have to really work at not eating all the sweets in the kitchen before my daughter gets home. Anyone else know what is going on?!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  

6 pounds is actually a good phase 1 loss. I only lost 4 pounds on it. If you have been careful to not allow any foods with sugar to creep in then it may be that you are having emotional cravings rather than physical ones. South Beach will help with physical ones. And even then, I often have cravings before my period. I just make sure I don't give in to them and they will go away.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Thanks Barbara! I wont give in!

I'm off to pepare some good salads to have on hand (3-bean abd Nicoise [sp?]). Maybe I'm not eating enough? I have been pretty active with hiking and a 3.7 mile walk and horseback riding... maybe that's it? I did FitDay a few days and eat 1150-1350/ day, usually at the lower end. Maybe I am in shut-down mode... I'll go eat (the right things of course) and put the scale away!

Jess
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/196/115

Height: 5'2

I'm not very experienced with the SBD - I'm on day four of Phase I - but I have a feeling that the more you weigh, the more you lose during this phase. I began SB at 202 and have so far lost 4 pounds. I'm ecstatic to be in the 100's again! Lol* I'm not sure how many calories I've been eating, but even though we're allowed some of the low-fat options, I've been avoiding dairy altogether and also eating quite a bit of fish. Anyhow, keep at it, I bet you'll see more dramatic results soon!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/145/135

Height: 5'7 and a half

Default I had cravings too

Hey, just wanted to say that I got to the end of Phase 1 and had lost 6 pounds. On Monday night (the first day of Phase 2) I drank a glass of sangria... it was sweet (and delicious) and then all day Tuesday I was craving sweets like never before! I'm thinking those two facts are linked? I'm trying now to stay away from any added sugar (not counting fruit), but that's hard.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:20 AM   #6  

Yeah Squishy... with all that exercise you might not be eating enough for fuel! Good thinking with making some healthy salads. Beans are a great source of protein! PB and celery is a good high protein snack too.

Sunny: Definitely a shot of sugar like that contained in Sangria could well in deed set off intense cravings. One of the things you'll learn on SBD is what your triggger foods and beverages are... and learning how to deal with them.. Good luck!!!
Closed Thread