Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge #11

Time to start next weeks challenge!! Who's all in??

Challenge starts each Monday and ends on Sunday. And ANYONE is welcome to join.

Each week you choose something health-related that you really have a hard time doing, and you do it for the week. Say for instance, you really want to cut down on sugar and you know you can do that for at least a few days a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4, up to all 7 ....(but no less than 3, please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row, either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thursday...(you get the idea) Just try to complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

You may choose limiting calories, getting in more exercise, drinking more water, eating less processed foods, taking a vitamin, journaling, counting carbs... whatever your need is - go for it! The choices are limitless!

And feel free to do what ever it is that would help you complete your challenge. We had a suggestion of being a "STAR" You would give yourself a letter after each day you completed your challenge. And after the 4th day....you would spell STAR. And how fun would it be if we all were stars??

So who is in for this week?? Please, come join us and make this a great week!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #2  

Going to try to do better this week.

4 days of some form of exercise!

Anyone else want to join me?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am going to try to walk SOME every day in my new neighborhood. Get back in the swing of things!

Good luck to all who are trying to get back in the groove!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Yay, Marti and Sue!

After a weekend of overeating, (shame!) I vow to stay OP all 7 days of this week.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #5  

Did a little yoga this morning. That's a start. And I'm going to count it.

James & I have been talking about getting rid of the gazelle and replacing it w/a treadmill. We would like to have something that we BOTH could use. (James doesn't like the gazelle)

So I'm hoping in the next month or two (just in time for the holidays shape up!) that we'll get one.

Something to look forward to!!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good start Marti!

Here's to a good week for everyone!

My challenge is to get back to exercising. Going to walk 6 days 1 mile on the days I go to IF and 2-3 on the days I don't go. Will be going to IF M, W, F & Sat. and take Sunday off.

I am off to a good start also...did a 1.05 mile walk and went to IF. I only went around twice but did some of the machines three times. Felt so out of whack going this morning and want to take it easy until I get back where I was two weeks ago. It felt good though to do the 20 mns. and I look forward to going back Wednesday.

Oh, forgot to mention WI...I am back down to 199! Really surprised with that since I hadn't been watching what I've been eating and with not getting any/much exercise at all.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Yay to both Marti and Cristi!

I forgot to come to this thread when I checked in this morning, so I'm back to say I stayed OP yesterday, and today is looking real good, too.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

I actually got a short walk in tonight. I just have to force myself after working so hard all day. Every time I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I find something else to un-pack or re-organize. I know I have been getting exercise, but I really want to only count walks or WATP. SO ...one day in and I promise a longer walk tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Not being able to walk with this ankle, I'm back on drinking my 80 ounces of water. I didn't get much water over the weekend at the fair and I really noticed a difference.

Good Job Marti and Cristina!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

YAY ladies!

I made it through yesterday, and am doing fine so far today. I feel like an alcoholic, taking it one day at a time. I was temped to overeat last night, (I wanted a sandwich so badly) but I asked myself: is a sandwich more important to you than being able to run with the grandkids? It wasn't..... Maybe if I keep the end results in mind, this will help.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Okay, I am revising my challenge. I am not getting a mile walk in plus going to IF. Not sure why but I am just not feeling so great. So will do IF M-W-F & Sat but without the mile walk, unless I feel like it. That will be a bonus. Of course I did do IF and a walk Monday already so. Yesterday I got my walk in also and today I did go to IF. Did the full three times around but my head is pounding so bad that I didn't feel like doing a walk.

So 3 days down and 3 to go.

JANE...WTG on staying OP and for passing on the sandwich. I do that also, when i feel I really want something after dinner. I will have a little talk with myself and then grab a bottle of water.

SUE...WTG on the walk! How are you liking your new neighborhood?

NORMA...WTG on getting that water drank!

Keep on keeping on ladies!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Cristi - revising a challenge is sometimes the best way to go when we aren't feeling up to snuff. I've felt kind of draggy myself, and don't know why, especially since I'm eating so many healthy foods. Must be sugar withdrawal, lol.

I'm still OP and am trying to eat more proteins. Btw, I mentioned the book I was going to buy in Chicago by Drs. Roizen and Oz, "You, on a Diet" well, it isn't coming out until Halloween day. Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Food is not my friend this week...With the moving and all the work on the other house I am eating sporadically. Exercise has been hard to get to also. I guess what I am saying is I have failed another week.. BUT the good news is that I am having the sale tomorrow and Sat. and then should be finished! Yes, life will go back to normal and I can devise a routine. YAY!!
Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #14  

Believe it or not....I walked everyday this week.

And w/a treadmill in the future....hoping to do more.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #15  
One day at a time

You know Jane...I don't know what is wrong with me, I have been in a funk for the whole week. Sleeping late, not getting my housework done, or exercise. Not like I should. Just don't know what's wrong. Good for you though for staying OP!

MARTI...yay for getting your walking in!

And SUE...next week will be better for you. It's hard to concentrate on walking or eating right when you have so much else going on.

Well, I did get in my walk yesterday so that is 4 days of exercise. I was headed to work out this monring, even though I didn't want to. I got half way there and turned around and came back home. I just felt like I had too much to do today and not enough time in the day...still didn't get it all done, ugh! So no exercise today. I AM going tomorrow morning though for sure!
Closed Thread