Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 10:46 AM   #1  

Unhappy New Fat person here. Low self esteim

Hello everyone:
I have tried to lose weight off an on for the past two years.
no luck. I lose some and then gain it back plus some more.

I am desperate to lose weight and will try just about anything which scares me. I am seriously debating tring a program called
optifast thru ohio nutritional center. It is a 100% liquid diet.
I cannot imagine giving up food. but the way I see it food is the enemy. so why not give it up.

Hate to admit it, but I will be 30 this year. in two months actually and I do not want to be fat anymore. I hate looking at myself and my pudgy face and fat stomach. I cry when I look at myself.
and I do not know how my husband can possibly love me.
when we got married I only weighed 110 now I rock the scales at 250 and counting. I am miserable all of the time. and make the people arround me miserable. and I need to change I need this to work.

currently I am taking a fat burner, and trying to make sure I walk at least one mile per day. and drinking green tea.

I am looking for some friends, and encouragment.

thank you for letting me get this off my chest.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:17 AM   #2  

Default You sound like me!!!!

Hello,

Your not alone here. I also weigh 250. I started my new lifes Journey 01/01/02. Thats really what it is. I just turned 42 when i was 30 i lost 100 pounds. it took me 1 year, it's taken me 12 years to gain it back. But i didn't loose it by eating right , i starved myself thats why it found me again. This time i'm doing it right. I exercise everyday, Treadmill and bun and thigh rocker, I know exactly how you feel, but, Please don't be so hard on yourself, You have an extraordinary husband, like mine, he sees you for who you are, not what you look like. Mine dosen't care what i look like on the outside , he loves what's inside, although he will help me all the way. I had to do a lot of soal searching just to get to this point. YOU CAN DO IT. If you ever need extra support email me at [email protected]

well chat

CHIN UP
Old 01-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Smile you can do it!

welcome!
I just wanted to say welcome to our group and you can lose the weight you need to lose. I dont know about the optifast thing though. Isnt that the same one Oprah went on years ago? Sure she lost a lot of weight (and quickly) but she never learned how to deal with her food issues and suprise!! the weight came back with a vengance. I'm not trying to discourage you really, it's just eventually even if you use the program you have to learn how to deal with food and maintain your weight loss in the real world of resturants, parties, etc.. and it's tough but definately do-able!
please keep checking in here and we will be here for you~

lorelei
313/274/260 valentines day goal
Old 01-02-2002, 11:36 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome to both of you glad to have you here. I worry about the optifast and liquid diets they like lora said do not teach you to deal with your food issues. you need to find a program and learn how to live with your foods. I do a low dcarb program and it has taken me about over a year to lose 65 lbs. so it does work and it will take time. when i started here i had a very low self esteem and DH was not saying a word about me weight it had to come from me and for me. that is a huge key. I was where you are not quite up to 250 but on my 5'2 frame 235 looked i am sure close to 250! i was wearing size 24 pants. so Can understand i am in a 14 now and boy has this changed my life. but the thing is to set small obtainable goals and focus on them first. you will not see much changes in your siize at first you will see smaller things like your cheeks not as puffy and then you will find your cheek bones and your fat will get smooshier. So no matter what diet you do do not expect to have great changes because you did not get fat over night so it will not come off over night. but stay with us we all are on a long journey and ti will take time andyou will have made many great new friends here.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:28 PM   #5  

Thank you all for you kind words, and encouragement.
I do not think I would be sucessfull on the optifast diet.
there is no way that I could ever give up food even for a breif moment in time. It sounds so unrealistic.
So I am looking into the Michael thurmond 6 week body makeover.
kit type diet program. since I am a diabetic as well.

I have to do something about this weight and hopefully this time I will not give up. I am worth the work, and the tears.
Really glad I found this place.

thank you all.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:06 PM   #6  

Default LOVE THYSELF ALSO

Dear Love My Dogs
Welcome to our little club.
You will find lots of new friends and support from each of us, as we are ALL
in the same boat.
But dont look for any shortcuts and 'quick fixes'. this is a long journey you are about to go on...one that will lead to good health. We'll be there with you along the way...Sure..just like a car ride
there will be ups and downs, but the
important thing to remember is what a good feeling you'll have when you reach
your destination. Don't look for any quick 6-week makeover...this will take time.
Just decide which plan is best for you...
low carb, low protein, WW, Sugar Busters, or whatever and then stick to that plan. And it's important to have a positive attitude. You have a loving husband and loving dogs. And now you have new friends. Good luck
Old 01-02-2002, 04:23 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default WELCOME!!!

Well, after reading everyone's post here, I agree that there is no quick fix. I have a total of 176 lbs to lose. I've lost 27 so far. I have never been very successful at losing weight. I agree that you have to find what works for you...for life. Weight Watchers is that for me.

The good news is you've found a great group of friends. This is a awesome group of ladies and everyone is soooo supportive. Good luck, hope to hear more from you!
Closed Thread