South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default I'm gonna be a grandmother!

I'm still here. I haven't dropped a pound in quite a while. I'm okay with that. I have been preoccuppied with many things.

I'm gonna be a grandmother in 4 weeks! It's my first and it's a girl!!

A young co-worker of mine has been fighting cancer and I've been using my free moments to try to make sure she knows that I am thinking of her and her fight. I've been sending care packages of fun stuff to her after each treatment and lots of cards and emails. She lives in Tulsa and travels to Houston for treatment, taking her away from most of her family and friends.
She has also started a diet of whole foods and I'm sharing some of your recipes with her.

I'm also signed up to run the LiveStrong Challenge in Austin in her honor this weekend. It's only a 5K and I've trained for it. You can check the link below (if it doesn't get removed) to see her smiling face.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...8F3E2B252401E6

On a happier note: My PA took me off the cholesterol meds. Thanks to all of you for your help with that one.

Last edited by proudmother; 10-02-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats to you, ProudMother for becoming a grandma , for getting off your cholesterol meds, and for being such a great support to your dear friend! You are an angel!

Can't wait to hear all about your newest little one! We'd love to see pics...

Can't wait to hear how your LiveStrong Challenge goes...what a great thing to do for you and for her!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

How wonderful! Grands are fun! I have 4 and I wish I'd had them first. They are so much more fun than their mothers were.

3 of them are in their teens and I miss them being little. I'm enjoying my 16 and 15 yr old grand daughters. My 13 yr old grandson is as cute as can be and has now, along with his 10 yr old brother, taken to fishing. I was so surprised when they managed to cast the spin reels. They love going camping with Grannie and GrandBob.

You'll have so much fun.

Kudos to you for doing what you're doing for your friend. She needs encouragement right now.

OK, what did everyone suggest for you to get off cholesterol meds?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Congratulations! You will love a grand daughter! Your friend is so sweet looking and is very lucky to have such support.

Cbmare, I think garlic capsules, flax seed and salmon oil are good supplements to get the cholesterol down. However, dietary changes don't always do it and meds are needed. I speak from experience!
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #5  

By "help with the cholesterol meds" I just meant that the support I got from you gals helped me control my diet which resulted getting off the meds. I am taking fish oil supplements as the PA recommended. I don't know if I could have lost the weight without the recipes and tips.
Closed Thread