South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend On The Beach!

Hooray, the weekend is here!

I'm waiting for Jake to get finished in the shower, then we're heading out to some yard sales. There are several community-wide sales today that we want to check out. Then this afternoon we're going to put in the storm windows on the sunporch and clean out the yard shed. It's supposed to rain again later today, so I hope it holds off until we're finished. I'm not sure if the kids will be out for a visit today, little Carley has been sick with a cold, so I guess it depends on how she's feeling. Chicken Fried "Rice" is on the menu for supper tonight.

So what're your plans for the weekend?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Saturday Morning Ladies

Where are all you sleepy heads, I usually don't post this early,but I was up, and decided to see how you lading were doing. Its COLD this morning,but I will atempt to walk along the beach.

Thanks cottage for getting us started.We having a handyman come to fix our woodrot on our sliding door window frame and several other spots. Than hes going to paint the frames after there fixed. We get very bad no'easters that hit our side of our townhouse and the wood is badly weather beatten. Have fun at the yards sales, I like strooling though those sales,and see what people have to offer.

Have to go,will post later

HugsBB
Old 09-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #3  

Good morning Cottage and Beach!

Cottage Thanks for starting us up! I think it is neat that you and Jake bum around and do fun things together. With young kids I feel like all my DH and I do is coordinate and run around after the girls.

Beach I love those nice, cool, mornings.... we have actually had a few of them here in Dallas. About time, let me tell you!

Ahhhhh.... the first fourth of the school is already done and we have fall break next week. Time to take a breath and spend some quality time with my kiddos!! This past week was especially busy, so I am looking forward to some down time.

Enjoy your Saturday all! We are going to go bum around with my mom a bit this morning, hit the library this afternoon, and make a nice dinner.

Later gals!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Ladies!!

It's 10:30 and DH and I just got our coffee! What a late start!

Great News!!
I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 lbs. from Monday!! YAY!! My 10 lb goal is not for three more weeks and I've only got 2 lbs. left to go!!

No big plans today. Just cleaning up the house (ugh) and doing all the week's laundry. May head out east to Sanderson, but still not sure about that! These are my last two days of P1 and I really want to stay OP! I'm trying to avoid all temptation until Monday!

Cottage: Goodness! 6 a.m. on a Saturday! I don't think I could wake up that early unless I was leaving for vacation!! Your day with Jake sounds really fun! I hope the weather waits for all of your outdoor work!

BB: I hope all the work on the house goes well! Be sure to wrap up while doing your walking!!

Kiko: Your day sounds especially relaxing! I hope its wonderful and that you enjoy all that time with your kiddos during their break!!

Well, gotta get the laundry switched out! Everyone have a good weekend if I don't get back until Monday!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #5  

good morning.
I slept late, but still it doesn't look like many people are here. I've been very busy at work, and not here much. Today I have an exciting day of grocery shopping, laundry, and cooking. I have to make something to take to a potluck, something both vegetarian (for my son) and moderately South Beach friendly, for me. We had bad experiences with potlucks the last couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Montreal! Cathy and I had a girl's night supper with two of her funny friends. It was woinderfully relaxing and I slept until 9:30. Now we are going to meet Cathy's daughter and do lunch. Nobody ask me if I stayed on plan.
Have a good weekend, Chickies!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Shhhhh.....

No one talk too loudly today. Weez has a little bump on the head. Last night was a lot of fun! The groomsman that I was paired up with was a riot. Class clown type. Molly had a bout of evening sickness, but besides that, everything went smoothly! I may have pictures later.

That's all for now. I need food so I can take some advil for my draft beer bump. Talk soon.

Lisa
Old 09-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #8  
beachbum

KIM-Big Congrats on your 2 lb weight loss. Hope I will see good results on Mondays W-I.Handyman almost finish going to do the next house next.

KIKO-I Love the cooler weather,this is the best time of the year.

LISA-We'll be quite shhhhhhhhhhh!! Happy you enjoyed the wedding.Have nice sleep.

Have a nice one

Hugs BB
Old 10-01-2006, 06:39 AM   #9  

Good Sunday morning gals. I just woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so decided to come downstairs. Jack is still sleeping and I don't want to disturb him so the lights are all off except for the bathroom. It's a good thing I can type by touch or I would be in trouble!

I shampooed the dining room AGAIN yesterday because Fortune kept going on it while Jack was in the hospital. We aren't sure if it was because he was missing or that we had strangers in the house too but I haven't been able to get to it until yesterday.

My son and dil called and said it was definitely official. I guess she went in and took a regular pregnancy test on Friday. They think she is due sometime in June but will have to wait for a couple more weeks to get a better date. I think she is going for her first actual prenatal in a couple weeks right before they come down here. I am having the best time looking at baby clothes. My dd had very definite ideas about what to buy for T so I haven't bought clothes for him in a long long time even when he was an infant. It is fun to be able to look and shop for baby stuff again.

Jack has an appt with his surgeon on Tuesday and is going to discuss going back to work on Oct 23. He is doing so well, he is walking 1/4 mile twice a day and comes back not winded or anything so his strength is pretty good, lungs are clear, etc. I think now it is a matter of getting his sternum healed then he should be able to go back to work. I imagine the dr is going to be surprised at how well Jack is doing. Jack is now getting bored and it is hard to keep him occupied. He watched college football all day yesterday and today is NASCAR, but if Tony does what he did last week, he will probably turn it off. Tony crashed at the beginning of the race and since he is not in the "chase" as they call it, it doesn't matter if he wins or not now.

I have to go out to the post office and mail a thank you card and go to the store and get some carrots I forgot to buy and some salad fixings then home again. I thought the kids were coming over some time this weekend to bring my birthday stuff, but I haven't heard anything from my dd so I don't know. I know Thomas had a Cub Scout trip to a museum here yesterday so I knew they wouldn't be here yesterday.

We usually take several small trips and one big Vegas vacation and this year have done nada but with his heart stuff and all we decided we deserve a little trip of some kind this year as we haven't taken any at all so the middle of December we are going to Nashville from Friday night until Sunday morning and going Christmas shopping at Opry Mills. I am really looking forward to it. I have already looked at their directory and there are lots of children's stores to choose from so I can be buying the new baby some Christmas presents too! I have to get Thomas to decide exactly what he wants for Christmas. I only have a few books bought for him so far.

Lisa: Oooh sounds like you had fun and now you can breathe because you have the darned corset off! Nothing worse than being in a wedding and stuck with a dork so I am glad you had a fun time with the groomsman even if it was a little too much fun???

Ruth: Hope you are having fun in Montreal with Cathy!

Rebel: Potlucks can be the absolute worst in a myriad of ways. We used to always be having some kind of potluck at our church and there were a couple women whose food was Everyone knew which one it was as they always brought the same thing. I always took a big portion of each then surreptitiously dumped it so the poor things thought someone was eating it. Nothing more embarrassing then no one touching your food. I always was requested to bring either homemade chicken and noodles or enchilada casserole and always to bring yeast rolls. I always wanted to branch out a bit, but everytime someone would come up and ask for one of those two things. Hope you found something to everyone's liking.

Kim: You are doing fabulous. I have to get things set back up to get back on SB and keep Jack losing weight. He has lost about 12 lbs with his surgery and all and looks pretty darn good, but wants to lose about 15 more. Keep up the good work!

Kiko: Hope you had a great Saturday with you mom and your kids!

Beach: Hope you were able to get your wood problem straightened out. Seems there is always something with a home, isn't there? We have been sitting outside on the deck the last week and discussing how our deck needs to be replaced and whether or not we want to try and do it or get an estimate on it. It is not something that is going to get done this year and probably not next with the way things are going. We are lucky as our condo is protected from the front side by the building across the courtyard and by the club house and on the backside by the garage. We rarely get much damage even from bad weather.

Cottage: Hope your weekend is continuing to go well. Such ambitious projects this weekend. We usually have mild winters here for the most part and with the condo don't mess with storm windows, but we haven't yet put away the bbq grill nor patio furniture because it is still in the 80's most days here and it is so nice to sit on the deck and talk or read. Fortune likes being out back with us too. Only poor B gets left in the house.

Not much else going on. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

Faye
Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #10  

"It's raining, it's pouring, and I woke up early cause Jake was snoring!" It's supposed to rain all day today. I'm glad we got done all our outside work yesterday. After we put up the windows on the porch, Jake cleaned the fireplace and we sat out there all evening with a nice cosy fire, reading and listening to the rain. We're getting ready to go tc Cracker Barrel for breakfast, then Jake wants to go walk around Home Depot. DD may come out later, so I'll put a pork roast on for dinner. I'm in the mood for some apple crisp, too.

Happy October, everyone!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Happy, Happy Sunday Everyone!!! Well, I wanted to share... I have lost 5 lbs this week This is the thinnest I have been in my adult life!! I am so very excited and happy (I bought some new clothes last night... I am in between sizes, so I bought the smaller size... I fit in it well and don't have to do a funny dance to get in it, but I know they will still fit 5-10lbs from now). I just want to thank all of you too! I thinking reading about your successes and challenges has really helped keep me motivated. (so... a BIG to everyone).

Well... I am going to the football game today (in my new skinny jeans ) I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Faye, I did ok with the corset until dinner time. Dang. I had like three bites of stuffing, three bites of green beans, three bites of potatoes, half a roll, and half a salad and was stuffed because of that thing. Then I was miserable for like two hours until I started digesting it. I seriously thought I was going to pop!

Two pics for you: One of Molly dancing with my dad to the Father/Bride dance. The second one is me dancing with my dad to "My Girl."

Last edited by weezle; 03-26-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #13  

Hey, Weezle, your Dad is one good-looking man! You and Molly both look great, too. I'm glad the wedding went smoothly, and hope Terry is coping okay, that was such a tragedy about his friend.

I had to make my earlier post this morning short. Jake was hanging over my shoulder reading what I was posting, and it was making me nervous. He's been a big pain-in-the-neck all morning so far. He needs to find something to do. DS just called and they were discussing a project, so maybe they'll do something together.

I'm going to start putting away the summer clothes today, and bring out the winter things. It's been in the 60's and 70's for the past week, so I think it's time. I just know as soon as I do it, we'll have a warm spell again. Seems that always the way.

Oh! Yesterday at one of the yard sales I found a brand new Stone Mountain handbag with the store tag on it retailing for $185, and I only paid $2 for it! The person selling it said she decided she didn't like it after she brought it home. Well, I do, especially at that price! So that was my big bargain of the day. We found a nearly new kitchen playset with all the accessories for only $7, so we got that for Carley, and we picked up some books and some puzzles for Amber. I think we made out fairly well.

Well, I'd better go see what my "better half" is up to. It's been pretty quiet downstairs. I want to get that apple crisp in the oven, too. Chat with you all later, enjoy the day!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Afternoon everyone! I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be having a pleasant weekend! Jason and I sure did. We went to see his buddy last night and just got back into town 30 or so minutes ago. We had a GREAT dinner last night of fresh (taken yesterday morning) grilled venison, baked squash (the last of our late summer garden), steamed garlic green beans (again, from the garden), and the guys had some roasted potatoes. I hope nobody's offended by the hunting thing...it really does sustain us throughout the winter. Jason isn't a pleasure or sport hunter....we do it to feed ourselves!! It was so nice to eat a meal that was completely free besides the spices and such! Plus, it was super healthy and tasted wonderful.

My weight is still at 208, so the 2 lbs for the week has stuck. I'm just hoping that it's still there tomorrow!! I'm getting so close to the 200 mark I can't believe it! I haven't been there in over a year!

Well, need to get clothes ironed for the week. I'll stop by tomorrow, I'm sure!

Hugs to everyone!!

~Kim
Old 10-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just got back from our Sunday Brunch,and I looking for food again.We're going to get a storm brewing close to us as it geting very dark up here.Glad I didn't decide go shopping after brunch or I be driving in the middle of the storm.

Gma2one-BIG CONGRATS on being a grandma again. We got the bill today and the whole 4 units in our bldg only cost $526. That was very reasonable. This handyman is going to be a keeper.

Shenanigans-Big Congrat on your 5 lb weight loss. You'tre going great.My w-i is tomorrow and it doesn't look good.

Have to have some coffee

Hugs BB
Closed Thread