Old 10-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #1  
I can do it this time.

Default Winning Losers Week of October 1st, Newbies Welcome

Good Morning Ladies! I got to start our next week off I just wanted to say that I'm proud of each and everyone one of you and glad we got a chance to meet.

Welcome to the Winning Losers for all of you who joined

I've been sick Although I havent been doing the excersizing yesterday I did have a perfect day healthy eating wise. I've acomplished all of my water goals for the week.

Kenya - Dancing is fun! I hope you have a good time with your personal trainer.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #2  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning to everyone.

I didnt make my water goal yesturday I only drank 3 of the 6 bottles. Been busy so didnt have a chance to drink alot. At least I did get some.

Melissa I hope goes well with the inlaws. I am glad that we dont have any. Both on my side and my Dh side has passed.

Amanda Yes Britt is right the dresses do run small. I forgot about that one.

Daniellle I hope all is going well with you.

Jazy Congrats and welcome to the group you will like it hear. We have some real cool ladies here and they help you with any thing. I hope that you decide to pull up a chair and stay a while .

I better be going have to fix my oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. Catch everyone later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm reposting for Jazy...our newbie!!! Here's her post from last weeks thread.

hey can i join!!
Hello everyone, my name is Jazzy. I am currently going to college f/t and working f/t so everything I do has to be planned years in advance but I am hanging in their. I work at a hospital and i am constantly walking. I knew i needed to lose some weight when I was out of breath after walking up eight steps. LOL . So, now I came back to 3ft. i was wondering if It would be cool if I could join this thread. I have been reading your previous messages(original and funny) and you all seem very nice!!!!

I am still not sure what diet I am going to start or exercise program but I am starting to eat more healthy.. I am open to any suggetions that have been working for the rest of you !!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

OMG!! I was only gonna skim through posts and wait till later to catch up with everyone but I read Liz masterpiece and OMG!!! My family thinks I'm insane because I'm literally laughing too hard! Liz, you are so amazing! I'm saving that! I'd love to choke my inlaws on their own hair!!!! Ha..thats why I dont wear pants!! I just love your sense of humor!!

Hello and welcome to our little group Jazy!!! Its so great to meet you! As far as a weightloss plan, I'm currently using Slimfast because of my schedule (I'm a student too) its just easy for me. But the name of the game is just eating less and moving more however you choose to do it. Cant wait to get to know you better and cheer you on to your success!!! You can do it and we'll all be there for you every step of the way!!

Okay everyone, I'm not ignoring you I've just got this huge accounting project I gotta get done so I'll be back in a little bit when I need another break to check in! Have a wonderful sunday!!

~melissa

P.S. Yesterday was HORRIBLE!!! My inlaws ignored dh all afternoon, barely said 2 words to him and made him feel like they were angry with him and he was nobody. They were all chatty with their other son and his wife. Laughing and having a great ol time with them. It really hurt dh alot to be treated that way. They did the same to me but i couldnt care less. And then I didnt sleep well last night because I was going over and over in my mind what I want to say to those people that are supposed to be our family. Okay enough of that!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #5  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone checking in how are things here? well im still in new orleans i caught a stomach virus so all the weight i imagined i gained from splurging i think i lost it all because i feel 5lbs lighter keep up the good work everyone im going to get back on track starting tomorrow i got so use to watching what i eat and trying to get my water in that when i dont i do not feel good about it dani, liz, amanda where are you guys? Amanda im hoping to have a actually wedding with my hubby we got married in front of a judge on Valentines i just want to feel comfortable about my size when i go out to buy a dress welcome newbies!! can someone please do a role call so i can meet all the newbies ppleasse?
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #6  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday Chicks! How's everyone so far today? Doing well I hope, and keeping those goals in check! Just cause it's the weekend doesn't mean we throw all our progress and what we want out the window. I know, easier said than done, huh? lol I seriously do alot better when I'm alone all week long for some reason. You'd think it'd be the other way around, would make it so easy to cheat when no one is around. Go figure! Anyone else have a hard time on the weekend staying on plan?

Jazy!!!! It's great to have you here with us. I think you will find alot of motivation from these lovely ladies, they're all super! Whatever you decide in terms of a weight loss plan, just know that we will be here to support you and cheer you on! It's great that you're here, I hope you will just jump right in and post away!

Bonnie, everything's going well over here so far today. Today I'm sure you'll make that water goal! You were a busy girl yesterday that's for sure.

Sara, thanks for starting us off this week! I'm sorry you're sick. I feel ya, I had the flu that seemed to hang around for at least 3 weeks. Wasn't until middle of this last week that I actually started to feel human again. Take good care of yourself. Great job with the water! Your body definitely needs to be hydrated, so ya done good, kid!

Kenya, yes, I saw your pictures and thought you looked fabu!!! Great job with everything lady, you are melting. I say stick with the dancing if it's working for you. You definitely want to be doing something you love, so I say go for it!

Mia, aw hon, sorry about the tummy troubles!! Nothing worse than getting sick when you are not able to rest in your own home. I hope you are feeling much better soon!!

Melissa, I am SO bummed to hear about last nights events. Who do these people think they are??? And to treat their own child that way? Ugh, makes me so mad! And especially because, what in the world did poor dh do to them??? The poor man has just been working his arse off taking care of his family, minding his own business. Puhleeze! These people need to get a life and wake up soon before they lose him completely. Gggrrr, I could go on and on, you know me! Most importantly, how did YOU do last night? Were you able to keep it in check and not let them get to you by eating what you didnt really want? I know mentally you were preparing yourself, but sometimes you just never know with nasty people like that. Good luck with the accounting, I'm definitely not envying you there. lol And on football day too---the horror! lol

Nothing going on here, just football day and laundry. Woo hoo! Kids are on a 3 day weekend so not feeling so pressured to get things all done today, like I usually am. Hence...I'm feeling lazy! LOL Today was dh's late day to go into work so now I feel like I'm behind in everything I'd wanted to do this morning-- like workout! Darn that man! lol No, I will get to it in a bit, I know it needs to get done if I want that scale to move come Friday!

Have a terrific afternoon gang!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Boy I can tell you I am having a horriable day my allergies are giving me one big fit today I have done nothing but sneeze and my nose run now I feel a headache comming on so I am going to try to take me a nap. Catch up with everyone later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #8  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

ARRGGGGHHH!!!!

I typed out a message this morning and, like a bonehead, didn't click submit reply. I just closed the window. Of course a split second later I was like wth did I do? Man! That's annoying...

Liz - You are never allowed to get sick or too busy ever again. We need your humor around here. You're just the funniest person ever. I loved your story and I'm going to keep it bookmarked for when I need a laugh. You're great.

Melissa - Those inlaws seem awful. Console yourself with the fact that you were able to honor too older people you adore. Try to get your husband to see it that way as well. I feel so sorry for him. That poor, poor man. Thankfully, though, he's got you and the girls. You all have a lovely family and you're blessed to have one another. And truthfully, although your husband might not see it this way, maybe you're blessed to not have to be bothered by his family very often. Good grief! Who needs to be treated like that??
I hope you're making great progress with your project.

Jazy!!! We are so happy to have you here. It sounds like you're off to a good start with just making better food choices. That's about half the battle. You don't have to be on any specific plan. It's important to exercise and learn about some other plans just to tweak here and there. More than anything else, it's just important that your plan is livable.

Sara - I'm glad we got to meet you too! Thanks so much for getting us started. I hope you feel much better soon.

Kenya - What you've accomplished is nothing short of amazing. Losing over a hundred pounds is a rarity.

Bonnie - Here there lady. Don't worry about the water for yesterday. Yesterday is gone. You're still golden. I think you're going to be hugely successful.

Danielle!! - Yeah, weekends are killer. I think because we're used to cutting loose on the weekend. Plus we're not usually on a regimine or schedule, so it makes it easier to just slack off.

Mia!! It's so sweet that you're still checking up on us even though you're out of town. I sure hope you feel better soon. It always sucks to be sick, but especially when you're supposed to be on an enjoyable vacation.
My husband and I were also married at a courthouse. By this really weird dude... ANYONE can become licensed to marry people. I have never felt happy about the way we got married.

Ok, well I have to go to the grocery store now. I watched FOL today. NY's mom is a trip!! Just a complete headcase. I have to admit that I like Delicious now. I still want him to pick NY because I think VH-1 could get two seasons of a show with just Flav and her. It would be extremely hilarious. Of course all that reality stuff does involve at least some tinkering to create the situations. Wouldn't it be great if Liz was hired for the "Flavor of NY" show? "NY Flavor"? I'm going to start a petition...
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #9  

Default Callanetics

I have to get a new digital camera so I can take some pictures. Callenetics are great. I walked past the mirror today and amazed myself. The exercises are hard (especially at first). It doesn't take long for you to get stronger and then the exercises become easier. I can't tell you how much it's helped with my flexibility. I recommend 10 in 10 Callanetics highly. Look for a used copy of the video or a used book.

I don't know if I've lost any new weight yet. I'm still boycotting my scale until October 26.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #10  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, for me here, I have more lack of a schedule when I'm alone during the week, than when the kids are here. It's so strange because the hardest time I struggle with bingeing is when everyone is here. I don't really think about it much when I am by myself. Very strange, and something I was never really able to figure out during therapy. It just feels good to have successful days every day and know that I can control my food and it doesnt control me.

Isn't Liz great with her stories? I was laughing so hard I was crying, the choking with the hair thing..OMG! How many times have we thought of something nasty we'd like to do to someone we don't like very much.

What happened to your digital camera woman? Are we not gonna get updated photos at the end of the month? I love seeing all your great progress!! I have no doubt that callanetics is giving you awesome results. I really should get into that, after all, it's just sitting here collecting dust. Doesn't it feel good to see a reflection of yourself and be blown away by what you see looking back?! I can't wait til I get to that point, I really can't. All those little feelings like that are what truly keep me going. It means it's working!!

Bonnie, I hope you're feeling better hon!

danielle
Old 10-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #11  

Danielle, there may be hope. My husband is somehow able to get the camera to work for him. I swear there must be some trick to it. I can't do anything with it anymore. We need a new one... So I'll have him take pictures.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #12  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Goody! Goody! Goody! Yay for the hubby!!!!! Oct. 26 will be very exciting to see where you're at scale wise! Even more exciting will be the dress for your wedding!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #13  

Thankfully my brother will take pictures at the wedding with his snazzy camera.
Speaking of my husband, he's watching Superfly for about the 5th time this weekend. My husband was conceived at the drive in. Superfly the movie his parents went to see and his dad looked just like Superfly. When his father started to lose his hair, he started wearing hats all the time because he still had long hair on the sides and back. Hubby says that his father's hair used to flow in the wind like John Redcorn's from King of the Hill.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #14  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

okay ladies this is ganna be short. everything is going good. didnt finish the fast. i got to weak and i needed to get things done but no biggy. I have been cleaning all day and still not done. went shopping and spent 250. the g'rents arent ganna be very happy but ohwell. i watch Flavor and all i can say is i think New Yorks parents are actors. that **** was crazy. CFC4 was cool. to be honest Erika doesnt look like a size 2 to me but i suck at that kinda thing. When i think of a size 2 i think of models but they are probably -5 or something crazy like that. okay now for the big excitment....HOUSE OF CARTERS!!!!!! Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys with his brother and 3 sisters in 1 house. from the time i was 11-14 i thought i was going to marry him and i still get butterflies when i see him lol...okay ya i'm a lil drunk so i'm ganna go later *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #15  

Default Newbie!!

Hello Everyone

I hope everyone had a awsome day!! I k now I did. I ate health y the whole day!!!SO, I am going on 48 hrs on goo food. LOL!!!
Just stopping bye to say hi.

Melissa- Hey, i am happy that we can share the whole going to school thing!! Are you in grad school or undergrad? I guess it really dont matter they ae both stressfull. I am thinking about maybe trying something new . I am just concerened about how pricey that slimfast might get..

Thank you for the welcome Danielle, Bonnie,Melissa and Amanda
Right Now I havent picked a diet to start but I am open to any suggestions!!!
I was on weight watcher before and lost about 20lbs but I want to try something new!!!
If anyone has any good advise on working out and gyms feel free. I think i am just going to start jogging!!!
I hope to get to know you all better!!!!

See ya later!!!
SHORT TERM *HOPEFULLY BY OCT 31*

LONG TERM
jazy is offline   Reply With Quote