Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat- September 25-October 1st

Well, another week is beginning. I can't wait for the weekend. Going on the marriage "refresher"/retreat w/ DH and some couples from our church. Well, it's mainly just couples from our church. But it should be a blast! Eating won't be OP due to lack of options--but I'll worry about that again next week. Just doing my best this week. Did make mistakes yesterday. Mainly because I mixed m&m's, peanuts and raisins. Did I mention I LOVE that mixture? Anyway, had a bowl full of it. At least I didn't grab the WHOLE bag I had mixed up. So that's a good thing. And I also know now that I don't even need THAT much to fill the sweet tooth. I'm thinking a handful would do if I TRULY needed something sweet. TOM has been messed up so it's messing with everything---including my appetite. I'm now hungry a lot more. Liked it better when I was hardly hungry Anyway, already have a glass (16 OZ) of water in and should be able to make the daily requirement. So that's a success.
Hope you all had a great weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Brenda and Chicklets to follow
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:00 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda, sounds like you had a great time!

Well, this seems to happen to me every time I get into this woe. After about 3 weeks, I do something that depletes my energy completely, and I feel like crap for a few days. I really dont know who to fix this. But I truly think it has to be a change in my diet. Because I just dont feel good kwim? Im still thinking on it.

The sun is shining today, and I think I'll get out into the back garden and get that mess cleaned up. Im still picking tomatoes I dont want any more tomatoes I think Im going to have to make soup or something to use up the 30some tomatoes I have in the fridge

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #4  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Starting over again guys. I could just kick myself. I have gained 5 pounds in 4 days of being off program. I hate TOM. The cravings are unbearable!!! My stomach hurts and part of me feel like what is the POINT!!! With that out of my system, I am off to start 4 days of induction as per the manual for when one cheats. Why can't I do this woe?
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I did the same darn thing again. Was having massive chocolate craving and made the no-bake cookies. I had several yesterday and finished the last 3 this morning for breakfast with my coffee. I'll be back on 20 carbs a day now for the week to offset any gain. I will never learn my lesson. When it comes to chocolate, I have no control. My other eating is totally on-program and I am improving my water intake. I need a kick in the butt.
MsChris, I'll be right there with you on that induction plan for a while.
Brenda, I hope the marriage retreat was fun, it sounds like it would be.
Robin, sorry to hear you are having a rough time, it happens to the best of us. I feel like it would be hipocritical of me to hand out advice at this point as I can't even control myself.
Lets all make a pact to see how many no-cheat days we can do.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Totally off-topic but at 5AM this morning my DH got up to let my labrador out to the bathroom. DH came back to bed, and I was thinking , OMG did he forget to wipe his butt, he stinks. It took a couple minutes to realize that it was the smell of a skunk. I heard the dog barking like crazy. It was totally hilarious. Apparently the skunk was on the deck and sprayed when DH opened the door and it got the scent on him. He went and bathed with tomato juice prior to going to work. I told him what my original thought was and he laughed hysterically. ROFL.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Over the weekend winds have died down,and it quite on the western front. Leo & I are going down to the beach to get our walking done.

Have to go out and buy my grandkids their Birthday cards. We already sent my DD a check to buy the toys they want. As were not going down to celebrate their birthdays this year.Halloween is another matter that I shop for in two weeks.

Well as of yesterday I down another pound,so that makes 2 for Sept Goal 2 more to go.

Have a nice one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Blew it last night. Had a couple stuffed peppers...then ended up feeling sick to my stomach. Jeesh, you'd think I'd learn by now!! Well, back at it today!
DH shot a deer last night and couldn't find it in the dark. He's taken the day off today to look for it. If he doesn't find it ina little while he's going to call me....and I'll have to tromp around and help look for it. Luckily it hasn't rained so the trail should be somewhat easy to follow. We'll see
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry that I post a chat for the week of 9/25-10/1 I didn't see that we had one,when I got on the thread early yesterday morning. I should have waited. Please disregard mine and use this one.

We are going to have another beautiful sunny day,going to take advantage and walk along the beach.We getting excepted about our cruise its only 2 months as of today we leaving on 11/26. They say that you can carry small travel size liquids on board,but they must be in a zip loc bag,in your carry ons..I'm sure the rules will change by the time we're scheduled to go.

Robin-Oh thats ashame, that your changing your diet.Do you have any idea what causing you to feel less energized . Maybe you're not eatting enough?
We just picked our last croup of green tomatoes from the vine. We're going to try to brown bag them,for ripening,and if that doesn't work we have a recipe for green fried tomatoes.

Ms Chris-Don't have the answer to TOM as I don't have him visting anymore. Did you ever think of having more protein or fat to your diet. That usually stops the craving for me. Last week I was craving some sweets that was on a commerical and I took a tbs of Peanutbutter and with in minutes the craving was gone.

Lilybelle-Thats so funny about your hubby. We had a dead skunk in our basement window well and did he stink. It tooks days to find & depose of him.

Have a question for all: When you eat something off-program,how many days does it take you to get back into ketos?????????? I'm on the owl of the program, do you go back to the induction of 20 gr carbs ??????????

Have a nice one
Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-26-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well, I think I have discovered why I have no energy! Im sick! I seem to have caught what my dh has...only worse. I have the sore throat to go with it.

Brenda~ I hope he finds it.....remember if your freezer gets too full this season, Id be more than happy to take some of that meat off your hands

BB~ Im going to wait until this "whatever it is" clears up, and I'll give it another go. If it is truly my diet, I'll switch to lowercarb weight watchers. (But I'll still stick around here

Lily~ too funny .....did he ever get all the smell off of him?

Thats it for me, Im off to figure out how to set up our table for the trade show. (Oct 11th....we will be in our first trade show) Im amazed at the amount of work! I'll post pics in my blog after it....you can take a look if care to.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #11  
lilybelle

Good morning everyone. I can still smell the skunk smell in the first half of my house. At least it missed the dog, so she smells fine. I hate to bathe her because she loves the water so much that I can't get her out.
My DH came home sick from work yesterday. Very swollen lymph glands and fever. I tried to take him to the doctor, but he refused. I think he'll regret this and eventually go. He absolutely hates going to doctors. I know he needs antibiotics, but he won't listen.
Brenda, hope you find the deer. I'm probably the only female here that loves to deer hunt. I use a crossbow or a rifle. Season opens here the end of October. I have my own tree stand and everything. I haven't ever got one yet, I have missed two of them. My DH always gets one.
BB, I have a 20yr. old son that loves fried green tomatoes. I make them for him sometimes. Here you can't buy the tomatoes green unless you get them at a Farmers Market. I also find that 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter will satisfy the sweets craving at times and tide me over when I need a boost of energy.

Robin, we were trying to post at the same time. Hope you feel better soon. My DH has a very sore throat too. He did get the skunk smell off of him.
I get my new brace for my leg tomorrow at 2PM, I hope it helps my mobility.

BB, when I eat off program it takes me generally 48 hrs. to get back in ketosis.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-26-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #12  
beachbum

Thanks Lilybelle for the info, about the ketosis WOO!!that a relief, thought it would take at least a whole week.So I should be in ketosis sometime today .

Hugs BB
Old 09-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #13  
lilybelle

BB, you are very welcome. Hope you see ketosis again very soon. I'm trying to get back there myself. I should be in it tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well another day,won't be able to get my walking in this morning as we are waiting for the gas man to replace the corroded pipes in the back of our house. One of the owner painted the pipes several years ago with regular paint. Now the gas pipes are peeling and rusty.The STUPID person was TOLD not to paint them,but did he listen,no.If we have a leak GA-BOM!! We'd be gone,all of us in this building.This man is a total idiot,didn't he think that he putting us all in this bldg in danger.Other than that everything is OK.

I think I'm in ketosis,as I have a horrable breath this morning Yuke!! I need some mints.

Lilybelle-Sorry about your hubby coming down with swollen lump glands.It one thing when the kids get it,but when adults get it its worse. Hope hes feeling better soon. Boy this thread is slow this morning.

Have to get ready for the day

Hugs BB
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #15  
lilybelle

BB, hope those gas pipes get fixed quickly. Sometimes men do some really dumb things. I had an XH that replaced the shower tiles in my upstairs shower with tiles that weren't water proof.(They were lg. ceramic tiles that were made for a floor). This caused a huge leak when shower was used a few times and I thought the tub was going to fall through the ceiling and into my kitchen floor that was directly beneath it. I had to have a handyman service come and redo it all. Costed a bundle to repair.

Glad to hear you are back in ketosis.

I have great news about my left foot, last night for the first time in 2 months, I can wiggle my toes just a little. This means there is nerve regeneration starting to occur. I can't wait to have improved mobility again.Yeah, I get my new foot brace today.

My eating is on program again and I am feeling pretty good.

DH is still sick. He had a fever all night last night and very clammy skin. He hasn't went to the doctor, he went to work instead.