View Poll Results: What kind of Floozie are you?
A tried-and-true, been around the block oldie? 5 35.71%
An oldie who is only able to lurk? 0 0%
A newbie who's found a great group? 4 28.57%
A visitor who just likes to follow along and have a good laugh now and then? 2 14.29%
Somewhere in the middle of green and grey? 3 21.43%
Huh? I don't get it. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #1  

Default What kind of Floozie are you? (#95)

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #2  

Ok, I'll admit it, I consider myself an "oldie" at the Floozie forum. I actually think that's a good thing, though sad at times--I've seen a lot of great ladies come, contribute for awhile and then (it seems) fall off the face of the earth.

I really do worry about my "lost" Floozies, like

Jennelle
Vicki
Carol
Doni
Ramona (but I noticed you dropped in while I was on my hiatus--great to see you!!!!!!!)
Debbie
Sherry
Wanda

Whatever HAPPENED to you guys? Do you lurk? Are you still alive? I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #3  

Cheryl interesting poll. Your awesome!
Me too I consider myself an oldie. I often wonder about our long lost friends too.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #4  
Losing it!

I'm an ANCIENT FLOOZIE! One of the originals! The group started out as Sherry in TN and then revolved into the Floozies. One of the original members was Terry Lee, she was a total blast! Last I was aware of, she was selling jewelry on ebay. I'm thinking Shelley joined shortly after all of us grouped up??? Maybe 6 months to a year into it? I joined shortly after having Allison in 1998, I believe the first part of 1999!!! WOW! We should have a REUNION! LOL! For the newbies, I have lost weight, been down to 5 pounds within goal, only to get cocky and gain all back plus more. It has been a struggle and getting harder every year as I age and complications arise.

Prayers for your aunt, Suzie! KEEP US UPDATED!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Cheryl, forgot to mention, AWESOME THREAD! You are not a "newbie" by any means! I love you just as much as if you were an original to the group! Goes for Dee & Shelley too!!!
Newbies....I'll grow on you one of these days....
Old 09-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Suzy, prayers are being said for Aunt Hazel. Also so glad you were able to chat with Travis.

Can't believe another week gone. I am so busy now, with school, I need a secretary! Never felt like this before. I am tired of correcting quizzes and writing new ones. But happy to say, the bathroom is coming, looks better every day. Can't wait to have all the construction done here!

What is everyone up to this weekend? Any plans?
Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #7  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Yall' know im a newbie.

Dee- Thanks , between the cake, doing stupid party favor thingys with the almods, all the dress fittings , shopping today was crazy enough we had to put grocerys on top of me in our izuzu rodeo, its been a wild ride, and its not even my wedding its my sisters, strangkley cause shes 6 months preggers pepole assume im the one getting married !!!!! ahaha I look and act so much older than my age, !!!!!

the bacherletttes party lets just say was " speacial" .

My uncle who is filthy rich was a sweetie and treated me m mysister , and my mom to mani- pedi's which was such a relife and relax. I had an hour before the party to run out and get a gift for my sissy luckely I found the most perfect sexiest lengiire for her. white lace . perfect. on sale for 10.00 from 70.00. !!!! Imgaine vouges eyes popping out of her head at the register!!!!

all in all I cant wait for tomorow.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #8  

Count me in as an "oldie!" I really miss the other oldies!! I do love the newbies also!

Suzy-Prayers to your Aunt Hazel and Travis.

Going to get my hair colored, so I just wanted to post quickly before I leave. I'll start a new Oct exercise thread later. I hope to see all of you over there!!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I've been with the Floozies for about a year now, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of oldie and newbie, but I'm definitely a FLOOZIE!

Thank you all for the prayers for Aunt Hazel. They have discovered that she is having an irregular heartbeat and have started her on coumadin to prevent clots from forming, but I'm not quite sure what they are going to do about the irregular heartbeat. I guess for now they are just going to observe her and see if it straightens out on its own once they get her meds regulated.

Vogue ~ Best wishes to your sister and her husband-to-be today! I hope they have a wonderful wedding and life together.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Hi All,

Well I am home from my daughter Deirdre's and I know why God makes young mothers, I love her and the kids, (even my son-in-law is great) but enough is enough. I live in a ranch because I hate stairs and that is all they have, stairs and more stairs. The only good thing was I got to hold and love on little Dillon as much as I wanted. He is really a great baby, goes to bed at 10 -11 pm and wakes about 3-4 to nurse then sleeps til almost 7 every morning. His brother and sisters love him to pieces.

The good news is all those steps and all the running with the kids helped me to make my 10 lb goal for September. I have been missing my WW meetings for 2 weeks so I went out to breakfast with some friends and went and weighted in at the Saturday 11 am group. I was happy to see that I am now down 20 lbs since Aug 1st. I also have been smoke free since the 26th and only had one that day. It is getting a little easier but I still am glad I got my doctor to write a script for this new medication for people trying to quit smoking. It really works. It just came out in Aug and blocks the need. It's been a life saver for me.

Suzy _ Glad your Aunt is doing better, I will add her to my prayer list.

Vouge - Hope your sister's wedding is everything she hoped it would be. Hope you have a good time and that you remember tomorrow is another day, so you will be on program Sunday.

Lynneye - Glad the bathroom is almost done, as I know you are. How's your daughter and her roommate doing? Any better?

Cheryl - Great poll !!! I am as you all know a neewbie, and will be for some time, but I think it's a great group and I am glad to be apart of it.

Well I am off to do some housework since I have been gone more then I've been here. I will try to upload a picture of Dillon, if I have the brains to do it right.
Monica
Old 09-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Suzy, glad Aunt Hazel is doing better. Does she have sleep apnea? Seems like that runs along with irregular rythm. The docs put my mom on Coreg for her irregular heart beat. I hope all contiues to go well for her....Prayers sent.

Monica, CONGRATS on the weight loss! YES! Post a pic of baby Dillon when you can, we would love to see it!

Vouge, Have fun at the wedding! It sounds like you are going to be very pretty all dressed up with hair and nails done! What a bargain you found on her gift!

Shelley, how did you ever come about finding us? I can't remember....seems like you & Dee joined within just a few months of each other. I often wonder how Doni is such she had so many things going on. What color do you color your hair?

Deb, I bet you will be so relieved when your construction work is done!

Worked this morning, now home, trying to find a good casserole recipe on the net for breakfast in the AM to take to my MIL's.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #12  
Losing it!

BUTTERS, CONGRATS ON 4 DAYS SMOKE FREE!
YOU CAN DO IT!

Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #13  

Yay, Monica! 20 lbs is fantastic.

Gayle-I can't remember how I found the Floozies. I guess it's been about 5 years now maybe? I think I just liked the name and jumped on in. I sure do miss Doni, Jennelle, Debbi, Vicki, Sherry, and Carol. I do worry especially about Doni. Have you seen her posting on any other boards here?
Old 09-30-2006, 07:25 PM   #14  

I guess I am an oldie but of course not as old as Gayle.....lol
I don't even remember how I came about to this board. I think that I could see that there was so much support and caring that I wanted to be a part of it.

Vouge I hope that the weather is good and that you and your sister are having a wonderful day.

Monica wow 20 pounds. That is a big sack of potatoes. You are doing wonderful. Great going on not smoking.
I can't wait to see a pic of your little one.

Hey Shelley I think I have a chance of going to Florida at the end of November. I said to Larry that I would love to see if we can get together. If I go I will be in Orlando for a week. Maybe we can meet half way. I would have to take a bus though. I would hate to be so close yet so far from you.

Gayle what are you up to this weekend? It is a beautiful fall day here. It feels like the end of August.

Suzy I hope that your Aunt will soon be out of the hospital. It sure is stressful when a love one is sick.

Cheryl I can see by your posts that you are still down on yourself. I know that you try your hardest at everything that you do. That is all that you can give and you do a wonderful job. Be positive and love yourself. In order to be loved you need to love yourself.

Lyneye I sure know what renos are like. We are just doing the finishing touches this weekend on the gardern room. It is rewarding but messy.

Time to get that spegetti on the table. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #15  

Dee-I'll come to you!! I would love to meet you in person!!!
Closed Thread