Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1019

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

Last edited by VioletSwerve; 09-28-2006 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edited to make the font color match the "Welcome" sign...hee hee
Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Chickies,

Well, it is 9:45 a.m. and I have already had 3 of my waters for the day! I am going to go to Curves in a bit and then back home to ride the bike and do some weights. I can't weigh in on Friday so I'll have to do it Saturday morning instead. Oh well, hopefully one day won't make too much of a difference. I will be doing laundry today and ironing. If it warms up enough I will bathe my dogs out on the lawn in the back yard. They are getting real ready for a bath but I don't have the extra $140 grooming money at this second so they will get a back yard bath. lol

Melissa: Way to go on your walk.

Sharon: I'm so proud of you. Only 2 more pounds and that will be the smallest you have been in a while. What a great milestone. I know it is a scary one to wait for but you will do just fine.

Kenya: Hi. Glad to see you posting.

Zelma: My Parents both had that same procdure last year and they scheduled it for the same day and asked me to drive them. My mom has ongoing things that she has to have it done every couple of years and my dad, they said it was time to do one at his age or something. Well, It almost killed my dad to not eat. lol He is such a chow hound. Not over weight at all but loves to eat. He slept like a baby through out the whole thing. They don't feed you afterwards here. Just a cookie and some juice. My mom is diabetic and can't have either so after they were released they wanted me to take them to their favorite all you can eat place. It was so lovely sitting there with two falling asleep people trying to eat. lol I'm glad that your procedure is over. I'm glad that you shared too. I already knew a bunch of what you have to go through from listening to them but It is nice to be prepared should any of us have to do that.

Amanda: Welcome. Congrats on -14 that is awesome. Maybe you can try to purchase a swimsuit on line? Or from sports shops. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Ammi: OH, I don't need to buy anymore outdoor lights. I swear we have so many of them it is kind of like Christmas Vacation (movie with Chevy Chase). We don't put that many up only because I won't let Joel. One year he was putting them on the roof just like on the movie. I mean back and forth over the roof. He thought it would look really cool when it snows to have the lights shining through the snow. He is such a kid. lol Maybe after I ride to Payette on my bike I will ride it to your house! lol

Val: You are so sweet. I just love you girl. Have a great lunch with your friend.

Lilion: You should very well be proud. I'm proud of you. 89 pounds is so wonderful.

Nellie: I must have missed the thread when you said but, when is your wedding? I know you will be so lovely no matter what size you are at the time or how much you weigh. Your man loves you that is what matters. Oh, I want to go parasailing so badly. We watch them do it on lake Coeur D alene. It looks so much fun.

Nancy: Hugs. Congrats on the -4. Hang in there sweeite. How did your talk go with your boss if you can recall. lol

Blessings all. Have wonderful op days,
Dogpal/annie
Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #3  

no Ammi i dont know why i slept late today just tired i guess lol.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everybody!

I try to come here every day and stay caught up but wow this thread moves so fast!

I'm having PMS issues at the moment. TOM should be arriving next week but I get the PMS about 1.5 weeks before. This month is especially bad for some reason. I feel really tired and my brain/memory feels like I'm in a fog. I had to nap twice this week cause I just got so tired. I am taking B vitamins so hopefully that's helping at least a little. Does anyone else experience tiredness with PMS or am I the only unlucky one?
<-- that's me right about now.

Welcome/welcome back to the new/returning people I saw here in the last thread. You probably know that since I said my brain is fogged, I should have taken notes!

Okay so WOW.. I've lost a lot in the last 2 weeks!! Woo hoo! I'm happy about that! So if anyone's missing the "FFM" she must be at my house!
I upped my water intake these last few weeks after I gained 4.5 pounds in one weekend by not drinking my water, then took the whole week to get rid of it. I guess this water thing really does work.

I'd write more but I feel SO out of it right now. I will still go for my walk later though when hubby comes home. Maybe it will help.

Hope you're all having a dandy day! Keep up the hard work everyone!

~Angie
Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Abbey - Water has been my saving grace. It's only 1:40 and I've already had 64 ounces today. I've noticed that on days I get more than 64, I lose a lot more. Hopefully that will pay off today when I go to weigh in.

I'm really trying to lose another 20 before Halloween. My sister and mom are going to start at Weight Watchers today. I hope they stick with it this time. It will help me if they're trying to do this too.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Wow – I am in a weird state of shock right now. I just got back from the gynecologist and I found out I have something I didn’t even know existed.

Caution **** talk about gynecological issues ****

As many of you know I had a procedure 3 months ago called Uterine Artery Emolization to deal with my problem of an over 8cm fibroid in my uterus. One of the things I was told was that at some point after the procedure – perhaps from 3 to 6 months later the fibroid would fully die and most likely fall out. Ok – so it has been 3 months and I have started to feel something descending. In fact, I could actually touch it feel it coming down. I thought it must be the fibroid getting ready to come out, so on certain occasions when I felt it I started to push. Well, after about a week it started weirding me out a bit, so I decided to see my gyn to have her check it out.

Well, what I thought was my fibroid is actually my uterus! Because of the fibroid having distended my uterus so much, it caused the ligaments holding the uterus in place to grow weak and no longer hold it up inside my abdominal cavity fully. It is called uterine prolapse and now I have to be very careful or my uterus could just pop out! I had no idea that such a thing was even possible. It mostly happens to women after giving birth. I am still digesting the news and trying to read up online about it. For now I am supposed to do Kegel exervises 5-6 times a day, and if that doesn’t work then I might have to get a pessary, which is a small device used to hold the uterus in place. I am so freaked out by this. Of course obesity is another risk factor and by being fat it puts more pressure on the uterus. Hopefully losing more weight will also help.

One of the other things that is disturbing to me is that on everything I have read so far, it all says no heavy lifting. I REALLY hope that means I don’t have to stop with the weight training I am doing. I have placed a call to my doctor’s office and will hopefully get a call back. I will also probably post something in the exercise part of the forum to see if anyone else has any experience with this.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I didn't know that could happen either. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the exercises help and you don't have to have some kind of procedure done to put your uterus back where it's supposed to be.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

yesterday sucked.

i had a not so great weigh in (up 1.8 lbs), which really put me in a bad mood. i was going to go to the gym but decided against it because i was going at night anyway with my friend michelle, so i just figured i would take care of stuff then (get an evaluation), so i called Paul (the boy) and was gonna get lunch. well i remembered i was in DESPERATE need of an oil change, so i dropped my car off at the shop, went home, rode to the brew shop (where paul works) and realized i had to be in class in 30 mins, because we had a test. well because of said test i didnt bring my backpack because i didnt figure i would need it. so i go grab medeterranian and eat it in 10 mins (while paul had to work. sad.) so i took off for school, did pretty well on my test, and realized. CRAP! my financial aid paperwork, and my film project were in my backpack. so we started our presentations, and i told my group.. stall. i will be back in 30 mins. so i rode my *** off (because i was on my bike, remember) to get home, ride my bike back, and make my presentation. *sigh*. i also got my fiancial aid paperwork in and will be getting a check on the 16th. sweet. also, my lame project wasnt as bad as i thought, and my teacher actually liked some of it. yay. so i was on my way home, and went back to the shop because i didnt really get to talk to paul while i was there, so i stopped by, also i was killing time before my car was done. so we chatted and i left to ride to goodyear to get my car. that took forever, so michelle and i were late for aquamoves, BUT she did sign up for the gym again, and we went to pilates/yoga. this time we hot tubbed it after, because that class killed for DAYS after. so after yoga/pilates and the hot tub, we went to red robin, because, well, fat people eat after they excersize. michelle has a coupon for a free burger for her bday, but left it in her car at work, so we had to drive there (it was across the street). we went back, had dinner, and i went home and went to bed. thus ending an interesting day.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #9  
banned

in happier news. i am dangerously close to my excersize goal for the month. also, yesterday i decided that i was going to start my 50 lbs in 100 days challenge. i know it sounds like a lot, but i think its totally doable. as long as i stay committed. every day i must do SOMETHING (besides staying OP, Because that is mandatory) to aid in my weight loss.

yesterday i rode my bike 9 miles, then did 45 min of yoga/pilates

so far today. i took the stairs at work. tonight, i will go for a bikeride or go to the gym before i go see my friends band play.

i refuse to be fat any longer.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #10  

Luann: YOU GO GIRL! Look at all that bike riding! You should be SO PROUD of all that working out! (Even if some of it is unintentional. )

Nancy: I have heard of your condition, but not in someone as young as you. Older women will sometimes have their uterus or bladder "tied up", which I guess is what they are talking about with you. I suspect certain types of weights will be out...for instance, you won't probably be able to do squats or very much on you abs, but I'm sure that curls and bench presses and such will be okay. Hope the Dr gives you the go-ahead. And !

Abby: on the loss!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #11  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I had such a busy/horrible day yesterday when I got home all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I didn't even log on once yesterday, so I'm hopelessly behind and just tyring to pick up from here.

Yesterday---started off bad because I forgot to reset the alarm after my fiance left for work, so I woke up when my phone rang- my coworker who was picking me up (b/c of my car still being in the shop) calling to say they would be there in about 20 minutes. I can get dressed in 20 minutes, but definetly not by my normal morning routine. I not only forgot to eat breakfast, and to grab my nutrisystem lunch, I also forgot to put on socks! So I didn't eat breakfast, but I did find some 2% milk at work, so I had 6oz of that just to get my matablism going. then at lunch I had a salad and some fruit- so I was doing pretty good. Then I went to a training class and got stuck sitting at the table with all the goodies on it. In the end I ate 3 chocoloate chip cookies (big ones) and some mini candies (who knows how many?), by time I realized that I just needed the food out of my face it was really too late. Then we had to go pick up the car- the guy told us the place was about 30 minutes away (we had the car towed to him, so hadn't been there yet). WRONG- w/o getting lost like we did it takes about 45, but since we got lost it took 1hour15min. My fiance doesn't respond well to getting lost so when he was yelling-the whole later 30 minutes--I knew he didn't mean to direct it at me, but it felt like he was yelling at me. Then we left the shop and he asked me if I knew how to get home. I said yes because I had figured out what highways to take, etc. Well I should have clarified and said I know what streets to take, but I've never done it before so if it isn't clearly marked then I don't know. So anyway I made a wrong turn, and knew it immediatly, and so did he. Next thing I know he was calling me and saying where are you going, i thought you knew where you were going!!! I hung up after saying I would figure it out. He called again to yell. and again. The third time he called I was pulling out of a light, and I have a standard (the clutch is what went out) and between trying to talk to him and drive I grinded the gear a little. Of course he didn't like that "Be careful or next time you'll have to come up with the money to fix it!" I hung up on him and ignored his phone calls until the gas station 2 minutes later. That's where he said to follow him. Once we got near enough home that we new where we were I took a detour for some comfort food- I just couldn't take it. When I got home he was waiting-- "where were you?" and I told him. "is that why you buy that food every month to go buy fried chicken?" He was right, but I coudn't take any more, so i just went to the bedroom. A few minutes later he came in and saw that I didn't look good and asked if I felt okay. I of course filled him in on how he'd been yelling at me for two hours. Thankfully he's the kind of guy that never yells at me, so when he was doing that yesterday I knew that he was upset at the situation and was taking it out on me. He hadn't even realized what he was doing, so when I told him, it was this sudden revelation. He was so sorry and hugging me and apologizing over and over. He even called me again today just to make sure I was okay. So long story short bad day, my DF had a bad day and took it out on me, in the end everyone happy.

Wierd side note- I haven't been eating junk at all latley and after yesterday suffered from a horrible headache I couldn't get rid of- do you think that was because of a sugar inbalance? That doesn't have to happen only if you have diabetes does it?

Sorry for being so long winded...I just had to get it out. By the way, as crazy as today has been, it has been an OP day, thank goodness!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Annie – I would LOVE to see your house if you let Joel loose with the Christmas lights. I like the idea of lights showing through the snow, so you can tell him for me that I’m on his side on that

Don’t worry about weighing on Saturday instead of Friday, if anything you will probably see a better loss instead of a worse one and I just know this time it’s going to be a fabulous result!!

Angie – hmm, I wonder if I have PMS 24/7 because my brain is always muddled all the time Seriously I am not sure tiredness and a bad memory are part and parcel of PMT. You will have to keep a record of how you feel before each TOM and see if there is a pattern.

Congrats on your weight loss, 3.5 lbs is great

Amanda – that’s great that your mum and sister are joining WW. It should make things so much easier for you to have ‘real’ weight loss support from people so close to you, and of course you can be just as supportive to them.

I just read your bio and saw that you love "Jemima J" by Jane Green. I have read that and LOVED it too, what a great book. I love all of her books actually, but that one is definitely one of my faves.

Nancy – what a shocker, there you were thinking your fibroid was on the move, and instead it was your uterus. I am surprised that you weren’t in any pain with it. My mum had a prolapse years ago, and she knew about it because of the pain. I honestly can’t remember what she had done to remedy the problem, but I know she went to hospital for it and she was fine after that. I hope you won’t need any surgery I think if the doc said you shouldn’t lift anything heavy, that that would include weight training. I hope I’m wrong, you’ll have to let us know what the doc says when you get a message back.

Luan – yes you sure did have a hectic day, but all in all it seemed to turn out ok, your teacher liked what turned out to be a good presentation, you did well on your test, and you got your financial papers in and will be getting a cheque soon. All that and I bet you burnt off a LOAD of calories with all that rushing around and bike riding

Kimberly - oh boy what a rotten time of it you had yesterday, I don't blame you at all for going for the comfort food, especially if you aren't used to your BF being so horrible to you. I am glad he apologised and gave you lots of hugs, but I am sorry that he had to Glad to hear today is much better and that you have stayed OP

Got to go watch Grey’s Anatomy now, so take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #13  
banned

Kim - i get sugar headaches too. i think its because your body gets used to not having it, then when you start up again, your body freaks out
Old 09-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #14  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

I feel so cool!! For some stupid reason I have always been afraid to close a thread and open a new one so I always wait for someone else to do it... But then deep inside I always kinda wished I could open one. I am so weird sometimes. I guess I thought it would be the end of the world if I did it wrong.

Ammi--I am weird about blood. I can stand to see my own blood, but to see someone else's freaks me out. I think its because of all the diseases and stuff that are carried in blood...I'm a little strange, I know. As weird as it sounds my first instinct was to stick my thumb in my mouth! I guess when you hurt your finger as a kid you always suck on it to make it feel better. I heard somewhere that saliva actually aids in the clotting process so you stop bleeding faster... No idea if that's actually true, though. The only thing that really upset be about it is that I thought it wasnt going to stop bleeding! My sister, on the other hand, was totally grossed out by it. I'm thinking "I just cut my finger, not severed my hand". But I'm a huge baby when it comes to needles. I had a friend once who wanted me to house sit her cats and her one cat had a kidney infection so she had to be given fluid with a big, huge NEEDLE!! A few panic attacks later I finally had another friend do it. I have a big needle phobia...

Yes, I'm on WW Points. Oh yes, I could've used my flex points for the ice cream bar but I didnt think about that until I had already complained about it... You guys are too good to me to listen to me complain!!

My sister actually lost a little over 80 lbs about a year ago. She is the one that turned me on to this website, actually. Naw, she wouldnt sabotage me--she actually always encourages me to eat right, even to the point that it has hurt my feelings a time or two before (my sensitive nature not withstanding, of course )

Glad to hear you got your workout in, God love that Richard Simmons

Dogpal--Thanks for the hugs about my cat. Your new avatar pic is so CUTE!!

on you getting the job. Maybe after your good work clothes start fitting again you will have the courage to look for a different job. And data entry isnt so bad. You may even get to like it.

GOOD JOB not skipping a day on the bike and for getting all your waters in! That can be really hard. I cant wait till I move to KC and have cable so I can start watching all these shows everyone talks about too!!

Yeah, I thought about using my flex points for the ice cream bar (I had 1.5 left for the day so would've only had to use 1.5 flex) but I actually ended up forgetting about it as I got busy throughout the evening...

I had a dog when I was little and used to love giving her a bath! Awwww puppies!!

newsnerd-- that you are able to get out of the funk you seem to be in. Maybe the monotony of the routine is getting to you..? Like you said, maybe it would be good to change things up agaiin. my dear.

Brenda--Glad to hear you finally got your CPAP machine!! You'll have to let us know if you notice a difference in how it works or not. That's great!

I hope your little "friend" at work gets her act together. Maybe what she needed was truly meds. I know when I was going thru my depression before I got on medication I was not a fun person to be around most times.

Glad your hubby got his surgery scheduled. Is he nervous at all?

Yay on the new stove! Picking apples at the orchard sounds fun! Cant wait to see pics.

Lady Hawke-- on doing the Atkins cheat-free for so long!! Yeah!! I hope you post more often so I can get to know you!

Vicky--Bummer on not being able to workout yesterday. Hope today goes better for you!

Misti--Yep, you better get your reading done so you're prepared for your next class!

Maybe I'll check out the OA forum here and see what its like before I go to a meeting.

Your cruise sounds awesome! That is a great rate, too! I hope you have so much fun. You really deserve it.

Melissa-- on staying OP! Great job excercising! Keep up the great work and good luck on your weigh-in!

Sharon--Yes, most house cats are de-clawed here in the US. Most have just the front claws removed, but my mom's ex-neighbor's cats had thier back claws removed too (AND they were indoor/outdoor cats!!! What did he think would happen if they got in a fight and had no claws to defend themselves??? ) Most people do it like they do shots and nuetering/spaying when they get an animal--they just do it all together at once. Yes, I agree it is cruel and that is why I've never had Wilhelm declawed. I heard somewhere that declawing a cat is like if someone put you to sleep and you woke up the next morning with the tips of all your fingers cut off at the first knuckle. And I think about how bad it would hurt them because they walk on thier "hands" too. A lot of people tell me I'm dumb for thinking that way but I agree with you--I think its akin to de-barking a dog or cutting off a dogs tail (I think that's called tail-bobbing, isnt it?) which are both nasty and unnatural practices IMO.

You are so funny, being mad about having to exchange those pants for a smaller size! It is frustrating when you buy something that is supposed to fit and it doesnt. I had that problem last year when I bought jeans from Lane Bryant--they were either too long or too short. At 5' 7" I am just regular length in pants. But the petites were too short and the regulars were too long!! I finally ended up having to have my mom hem the regulars for me and just leave it at that.

Glad to hear you got some chocolates...even if it was a whole box and they were reduced! Hey, isnt dark chocolate supposed to be good for your heart anyway???

That's so awesome that you are that close to being your lightest in 6-7 years! Yeah! Wooo hooo!!

Zelma--Glad to hear the procedure went ok, even if you did have to endure TWO enemas. I've never had ONE enema EVER, I cant imagine TWO. When my dad was sick my mom used to have to give him enemas, the home kind. Now THAT is love. No problem with all the details. That kind of stuff never grosses me out too much. And NOTHING stops me from eating, Lord knows!!

That sounds really cool what you are doing for your kids! I always remembered stuff like that in school, little extra fun things that teachers did for us. I'm glad you have a little break from school. Is this considered like your holiday break or like a mid semester break?

Amanda--HI!! !! I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and will be moving to Kansas City, MO at the end of next month. We're not too far away!! My boyfriend and I took a little mini break vacation and went to Lawrence and Topeka for a weekend. The first night we got into Lawrence really late and we couldnt find a hotel and then got lost!! The next night in Topeka we got lost on the "wrong side of the tracks" so to speak, and we couldnt find a gas station and my tank was on E! It was pretty adventurous...

I completely understand about being overweight and never knowing what it feels like to be "normal". I remember being called fat in kindergarten. My whole family struggles with weight issues also. Good for you for doing something about it now instead of waiting until it got really bad. As I'm sure you know, Diabetes is nothing to mess around with!!

Your cruise sounds awesome! You can always find a bathing suit online, too. A lot of them have bathing suits year round. Torrid.com has the cutest ones.

Valerie--Great job on your Challenge! You are rocking it!!

Good advice you gave! We all need to hear that stuff every once in a while...or if you're like me more like every day!

Bad news about the interview, but if it wasnt what you wanted that might be ok then. Things have a way of working themselves out sometimes, I have found. You dont want to get stuck doing something you wouldnt like and you wanted full time anyway. Yeah!

Lilion--I always think it means more when a dr tells me that something I did is good. Like it means more if he has a 7 yr education and a buttload of student loan debt. That is awesome that they told you that. Yes, losing 89 lbs on your own IS amazing!!

Nelie--Glad to hear you are feeling better, girlie. I am proud of you for kicking it in the butt and getting the excercise done this month! Yeah! When is your wedding day?

Nancy--I so sorry to hear about your uterus! I actually have heard of that before, it happened to my great-grandma. Basically your uterus starts to come out your vagina, is that it? I remember my mom telling me about it when I was young and me being very freaked out by it. I am so sorry this has happened. I hope you are coping ok.

That's a good idea to leave my workout clothes in the car. I cant believe I didnt think of that. Must've been too busy feeling sorry for myself. Thank you for the idea!

I laughed about your night of debauchery last night. Sometimes we all need to blow off a little steam. But how can you drink liquor straight like that? Ick!

on the -4! Yeah!!!

Angie--I get really tired during TOM too. I also get absolutely ravenous, like I just cant eat enough!! Glad to hear you are still planning on walking even though you are still so tired.

Luan--Oh, Luan I had to laugh when I read about your day yesterday!! I'm glad all went well with your test and that your teacher liked your "lame" project afterall. At least everything worked out but, *whew*, I bet you were exhausted! . "Because fat people eat after they excercise" cracked me up!! That little smiley should have crossed-out eyes from the Mcd's Oh and I LOVE Red Robin. I used to get guacamole on a veggie burger..mmm nothing says lovin' like guac.

I LOVE your "50 lbs in 100 days" challenge. Yeah, you kick that fat's butt!! WOOO HOOO!!! Maybe I will get brave enough to do that, too!! When are you starting? Or did you mean you started yesterday?

As for me, I am a tired bear today! We have had some pretty long busy spells at work today! Usually we are pretty dead on the phones and I get this post done by early afternoon at the LATEST, but today it literally took me all day to write (I started it right after I opened the new thread)!

Also, I dont know what's wrong with me but I have felt pretty tired in the mornings lately. Like so tired that I dont want to get out of bed and so tired that I feel out of it all morning. I think maybe it has to do with it being dark in the mornings when I wake up now. I'm sure after daylight savings time I will start to feel better. Also I think I might have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder as I sometimes get depressed as the days get shorter. But I do feel good on the anti-depressants that I'm on, just tired.

OMG I almost forgot to tell you the news that was at the top of my list today!! My sister called me last night to appologize for not bringing me my work clothes. Of course, I just said that was ok, fine, that's cool and didnt tell her I was irked about it. It makes me feel like a total wuss when I do that but she has kind of a defensive personality and I didnt want to start a fight.

Anyway, THAT wasnt my big news. I asked my sister if she got the email I sent about Wilhelm (my cat). She said "Yeah, and I sent you one back, didnt you get it?" No, I didnt get it. Then she says "We will go ahead and take Wilhelm for you" !!! Oh, I cannot describe how much of a relief this is. She already has a female cat so he will have company and Wilhelm loves her kids and vice versa. She said she's doing it because she knows it means a lot to me, but she also said she loves Wilhelm and doesnt him to end up at the pound, either. Oh, I am so happy. Yay!!

I've done well OP today. Yesterday my friend at work asked me if I wanted to go out for lunch and I said no, I cant. I told her I have to eat what I brought for lunch, no exceptions. She said she was going to Subway. Yeah, then I really said no! Yeah, I do not like Subway. Anyway, then today I brought a Healthy Choice meal but I was so hungry by lunch that I was thinking of having this stirfry stuff they were having in the cafeteria. I dont think it would've been TOO bad for me, but definetly more points that the HC meal. But I was starving! But I managed to just get a yogurt and banana to go w/my lunch and eat my HC meal. Yay!

Well, I'm leaving work now--this day is finally over! I'll be back after dinner.

Last edited by VioletSwerve; 09-28-2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Change colors :)
Old 09-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #15  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi all ... been a busy week round the house hence not being on posting ... but I have tried to keep up ... no time for personals cos Im running late with my exercise this morning already ..

Anyway ... its been an OP week for me .. Im finally getting in 2 liters of water a day (fortunately that is mainly due to the temps starting to creep up over here) ... dad and the kids have gone back out to his place so I have the house to myself for a day before Scoot comes home ... at least he is coming home tomorrow some time as he has to stay to clean up after our messy ex-tenants .. grrr .. so less time together than usual this weekend (not happy). TOM is still visiting ... I am really starting to hate him ... I keep telling myself at least Im a little more regular ... but it still lasts half the darn month! Still .. joys of bein a woman I suppose lol.

I havent actually started taking the Prozac either .. I found out my blood results came back and in the last few months some time I have had Glandular Fever!! Go figure!? So that is probably why I have been so tired and blah for the last couple of months .. at least that is what I am going with and I know it takes a few months for the energy levels to get back to normal .. so Im gonna give it another month and will see how I feel at the end of October

Other than that my BP is 110/80 .. apparently thats a little low for a person of my size .. but Im just happy its not a high one lol .. actually my BP has always been low .. even when I was giving birth it barely moved lol.

I did Richard Simmons Disco Sweat TWICE yesterday!! I was feeling energetic in the afternoon so I thought I would just see how much I could do and next thing I know I was doin the cool down after completing the rest of it .. I know I didnt do it as energetically as I do it in the mornings ... but I didnt stop moving and I was sweatin I have had dad take my pulse after the cool down to see what my heart rate is like afterwards and its between 82-86 ... my resting rate is 70-74 ... so Im rather happy with that I will have to try to take my heart rate when I am actually doing the exercise to see what I go up to Apparently I should be working out somewhere between 130-142 after the warm up and before the cool down ..

Other than that .. Im halfway to my Xmas goal!! So I have about 12 weeks to lose the last 20 pounds I should be able to do that Oh and my cal intake has been between 1500-1944 .. still havent hit that 2000 lol ...

I have found myself slipping a little tho ... I am not eating breakfasts again ... I just have to get myself organised a little better I think .. by the time I get up .. feed the lambs .. play with the dogs .. do my exercises and get off the phone (usually first thing is when I ring the suppliers etc) .. its after 10am .. humm .. might just change my hours for everything ... would I be wrong to have breakfast at 10.30??

Oh and a quick NSV ... I tied my shoelaces up while sitting down ... and I didnt have any problems breathing!! You know how when you squish your tummy bending over to do that sort of thing you find yourself short of breath or not being able to breath in properly?? Well ... anyway ... I used to have that problem .. BUT NO MORE!! funny how small things like that make the day great

Oh .. one more thing .. I bought a house for dad!! Well .. the paperwork goes through on Tuesday .. like I said its been a busy week lol ... but it was the little 2 bedroom house next door to the playground and park with a nice garage and carport, fireplace and aircond/heating system and new bathroom ... we just need to fence the section and landscape it (blank canvas at the mo). Dad is very happy .. he wont move in until March tho as he wants one more season of crayfishing (lobster??) out at the coast first .. fortunately the lady that is living there wants to be able to stay til then while her daughter and sil build a granny flat on their property, so she will be paying rent for the next 6 months

Okee .. I think thats it .. gotta go ... have to get some more work done!

Congrats to those that have lost weight .. for those with health issues I hope you get them sorted out and feel better too ... huggies and take care.

Katt
Closed Thread