UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #1  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Talking Rosemary Connoly

I just wondered if anyone else belongs to rosemary connoly as i have just been signed up by my dr and as its subsadised in our part of london so we get it cheaper when we join. I just wondered what your experiance's of it were and how you find it , if no one is doing it no worries.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #2  

It's subsidised where I am as well. I did think about it but no one would go with me. Look forward to hearing about it anyway.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #3  

my mum is / was doing it... shes lost a bit.. but i dont know much about it.. sorry..
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Np thanks for input girls i will let you know how it goes , im doing ok with my diet im really going for the extra exercise.

Teresa
Old 09-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

It's supposed to be good. I have a few of her recipe books. I know that there is exercise there as well - which is a good thing. Go for it!!! Especially if it is subsidised. Let us know how you get on.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:57 AM   #6  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Is this the GI Jeans thing? Because I'm not loving my SLimming World consultant and the class is being moved to a time I can't make so I was thinking of checking into the GI Jeans class. I liked that the flyer said to be bring trainers and a towel!
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:09 AM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

yes thats what my flyer says too and its got rosemary on the front. check out the website www.rosemary-conley.co.uk to check that what you saw.

Teresa
Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #8  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Yeah that's it. This basically looks like a GI diet combined with calorie counting, am I right? And I really like the emphasis on exercise which is something SW doesn't do. I wonder if they'll let me sit in on a class to check it out first?
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #9  

Smile

My first post in 12 months!

I started Rosemary Conley this Tuesday. The diet is very strict for the first two weeks. You get a little booklet with all the information you need to start you off, and another in 2 weeks.
I have managed to stay with it for 2 days so far, but I am hungry on 1200 cals which I did'nt think I would be able to manage on.
The exercise we did was just enough for a beginner (it's a new class so everyone else is in the same boat).
I've done Rosemary twice before and lost a stone each time before stopping going (it took me 8 weeks the 1st time and 16 the second).
My class isn't supsidised, but I think paying £5 and geting some exercise, as well as being weighed, is better than paying £3.95 in slimming world just to be weighed.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Keep me posted if anyone decides to join, or has any good tips.

Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #10  

As you can see from my ticker, I didn't do too bad with Rosemary! I live in the mddle of nowhere so didn't go to a club, just used her old books, her magazines and then the GI Jeans Diet, when that came out.

I've done other things too - probably exercised more, and harder, also used Paul McKenna's book (which is NOT a diet but I dieted as well as changed the way I thought about food as I have PCOS so weight loss is slow going and hard for me) - also used her DVDs, alongside others. It does work.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Thats great to hear both of you have had sucsseses with rosemary conley my calorie intake at the moment is 1200ish so i dont think i will find that part of it too bad . I am basiclly going for the exercise more than anything but the diet tips will help a lot and getting weight every week is good too.

With it being subsadised it gona cost me £3.40 per seesion instead of £5.50 and membership fee is £5 instead of £10 a bargin i say and defintly better than WW which i did before.

Teresa

P.S :Phat i have PCOS too and i thought it was gonna take a while to come off but at the moment its doing ok 12lbs in a month so i hope it stays that way. good luck with your weightloss.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #12  

Treez

You're doing AMAZING! Well done, you! I found my weightloss was 2lb a week if I was lucky, at the beginning then after a month or so, half-1lb a week... Many weeks Olb. I read a lot of research online about PCOS and discovered it can be upto 3 times slower, weight loss, for us - so I stopped despairing at the slowness of it, and just accepted my body was doing great, for someone with PCOS!

But you're doing fantastically well! It's such an achievement! Keep going!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Ive been checking out the website, and the GI Jeans diet seems very similar to the South Beach diet Im going to be starting soon - well, I have been doing something similar, but I havent done the phase 1 and 2 as I havent received the books yet. Been looking at the SB section on here though, also spoke with my dr about this and Im seeing the dietician next week
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #14  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Thanks phat i really appreciate your support. If we can all spur each other on in some way it all helps to get to the end results for every single one of us.

I am on Xenical too Phat so i think thats proberly helping the consistant weight loss im averageing about 2-4lb a week but i think it will slow up a bit soon althought im trying to exercise everyday so im hoping that might keep it moving along. I've been on the dance mat for 1 hour for the last 2 nights and been walking too so i hope thats gonna keep it at bay.

Good luck with your losses.

Teresa