Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 08:55 PM   #1  

Talking New Here

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dee-Dee and I just turned 32 on December 29. I've just joined this group and from what I've read, you guys seem so supportive. I weigh 280 pounds and I really need to loose about 120 lbs. I have had diabetes for 4 years and I really do want to get the weight off. I am so depressed because of my weight. I'm getting older and my husband and I really want another child. I know at this weight it won't be good for me or the baby. I am hoping you all can help guide me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:24 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

WEll DEDE i just turned 42 on the 28th!!! we are almost birtday sharers. hmmm is their such a word??? Oh well i am just wondering what diet have you chosen to follow??? with diabeties there are several choices out there wondering which one the doc has suggested???

best thing is to post often and daily keep tract of your food in a small journal that keeps you hones even write down the cheats. and if you do cheat write down why that helps you identify the reason for it so you can avoid the falls again.

hope to see you soon.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:58 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Welcome DEDE! I have a strong family history of diabetes and that was one of my motivators in my weight loss goals. I ama lo carber and base my food choices on the glycemic index. This is something that is recomended for diabetics. I have found it very helpful with coping with cravings, my energy level and my PCOS. I have found alot of web sites about it. Any help just ask
Old 01-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #4  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry welcome!!

Welcome to our little group! I know what it's like to be depressed about your weight. I weigh about the same you do, only I had lose 30some pounds to get to that weight-talk about depressing!

I finally decided I am the one who controls my weight and what I put in my mouth. Nobody was force feeding me cake or m&m's or whatever. So it's me who has to get in control and do something.
The best advice I have is to come here and come here often-every day if possible. Sharing your ups and downs in mood and in weight will really help-almost like therapy!

good luck!!
lorelei
Closed Thread