Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #1  
on a mission

Default to weigh or not to weigh, that is the question

hi all, im 17 stone and unhappy with how i look so im starting to diet, but i also will be working out at home lifting freeweights to build muscle. my question is this. do you think i should weigh myself fortnightly or not? i am likely to lose weight from dieting but gain weight from extra muscle so im wondering if i weigh myself regularly my weight may stay the same or even go up and this could be not very encouraging. do you think in my situation it might be better to measure myself instead? measure my chest,waist, and tops of my legs fortnightly instead?
paulym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #2  
on a mission

i should also add, im not fussed what i weigh at all. i just want to be happy with my body.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169

Height: 5

I think weekly is a safer way to go just because weight fluctuates. Plus, if you are not fussy with your weight then try not weighing yourself at all. Get the proof you need by watching your body change!!! And also be sure to eat enough to carry you through your workout!
MissEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #4  
on a mission

hi MissEvie , thanks for your advice. i think i need to do something because its hard to see your body changing when you see it daily. im really not bothered what i weigh be it 17 stone or 27, as long as i am healthy and look good. i was thinking of mabey measuring once a fortnight and once a month take a topless photo so after time i can look back and see how i changed