South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chit Chat

WHAT??? Did everybody sleep in today? Time to RISE N SHINE!

Nothing new here... finishing up a cuppa joe, and have to take the furbabies to the Vet... be back in a bit!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - Sept. 26

HELLO?

Anybody can start the daily chat. I know several of you have been in here, Don't be shy!

I slept until 7 this morning and have been scurrying around getting organized for a techie to come and straighten out my TV/VCR/DVD mess. He's supposed to come between 9 and 6. Wanna bet he/she won't be here until 5 when I have to leave to do the TheraPaws visit at Maple View?

There's lots to do around the house so it's just as well I'm stuck here. I still have not finished my basil harvesting and I know there are more tomatoes out there. I also got "voluntold" for refreshments for next painting class. As I'll be in Montreal for the weekend, I plan to make my Bacardi rum cake today and freeze it.

So what's happening in your neck of The Beach?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! We posted at the same time. I'll combine and see how that works out!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #4  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Today is my Hubby's last day off work for baby leave. I am so tired of him that I am looking forward to it even though I will be on my own with a 2yo and 3wk old. Anyhow, is there a thread about SBD and Breastfeeding? I know I am not supposed to "diet" but eating healthy is perfectly ok, just want to make sure I get enough calories in me.

I need to dig out my book and read up before my next grocery trip. DH will be (not) thrilled to see me buying the good stuff again. Oh well, he needs this as much as I do, just can't tell him that or he'll get all huffy.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning ladies!!

I posted earlier, but it disappeared, so here it goes again!!!

I'm proud of myself. I actually got about 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night!! I usually average 4 when DH is out of town. I woke up for about 1 1/2 hours and read until sleeping again.

Big day of inspections planned today. A lot of walking for me! I'm afraid my posts will be far and few between as I won't be at my desk for a while and I rarely turn on the ole computer at home. We'll see how it goes!

DH comes home in 2 days! YAY! I cannot wait to see him!!

Oh, and I have to apologize if anyone was offended by my bitter diatribe at the end of yesterday's chat. I needed a little vent and had nowhere to go! But, sorry anyways.

Well, have a great day at the beach!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #6  

Schatzi - I've had my Metamucil and a cup of Koolaid with Splenda. Now time for a cup of mint tea with caffeine. I'm enough of a morning person I can get going without caffeine but I still like a little to help me keep going later.

Ruth - It always seems like when someone is supposed to come, they come at the most inconvenient time. Last time we were waiting for the pest control guy to come (between 1-6), and DH was waiting to shower since he wanted to do some cleaning first, the guy showed up at 12:45! He had tried to call to tell us he was coming early but I was WFH and I was on the phone with a customer.

fl_mom - We've had threads where we have discussed about the safety of doing SBD while breastfeeding but never had a continuous one for those who are breastfeeding. I don't think too many of us are at that stage in our lives. I wish I had been eating healthier when I nursed Brian. Many of us can offer insight even if South Beach wasn't around when our kids were that age.

Kim - feel free to vents. Many of us do occasionally. That's what friends are for.

Me - Work was very stressful yesterday (even if I was WFH). I ended up working more than 12 hours since I started the day with a major issue and ended it with an outage. In the middle there were more customer tickets to deal with than I can possibly count. Somehow I was able to grab a few minutes here and there to help Brian with his science project. Luckily dinner was a fast one since I couldn't start cooking until after 7. I'm hoping today will be better. At least my team lead is back so I'm not having to support four environments all by myself. And he did send a nice note to our manager about how I had gone above and beyond once again.

Tonight is a pack meeting which is always fun. Thank goodness I'm taking Thursday and Friday off work. That will give me time to prepare for camping this weekend. I'll set up the exercise thread for Oct before I leave for camping since I probably won't be able to post until Monday once I leave on Friday.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone! Well, I am starting day number 2 today and so far I am off to a good start. I have already gotten in 40 minutes of exercise! I also slept really well last night... maybe the combination of eating right and exercising.

Well, I should be around today... I get to work up at our organizations 'outpost' basically, me alone in a room with wireless internet and nothing useful to do :-P

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #8  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Thanks Barb, I will search for a thread

This is our week off for cubscouts, we do have a leader meeting Weds though. I am busier now that's I've had the baby than I was before

I can't wait until I can exercise again, of course by then, I will have to make myself do it haha
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #9  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning ladies - evertime I go to post - I get interupted here at work - oh well so this is going to be quick.

Glad to see everyone is doing ok today - I am not too sure about myself - just one of thoes days - I am sure it will get better - my dh and I sort of had a big argument last night and it ended that I left for work this am and didn't say goodbye (he called in and took today off and was still sleeping) - it is mostly him for the agument - not getting into details but lets just say that I am going to have a hard time getting over this one - all I wanted to do last night was stuff my face - but I didn't so that is good.

Well my boss just im'd me to come back so I must go.

Hope you all have a sunny day
Old 09-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #10  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I've been busy at work myself this morning RMT.... we are in the beggining of invoicing week for the contractors and the files are giving me a headache so I'm taking a break before lunch for a quick chat.

I was so bummed yesterday to come home and not have my furry kitty Gizmo not meet me at the door He went in for his neuter and declaw yesterday morning and had to stay overnight at the vet. He will not be a happy camper this afternoon when Daniel goes to pick him up. I did call the vet last night and they sad the surgery went fine and only took 20 minutes which is normal.

I didn't exercise yesterday like I was supposed to. I've been on a 4 day break now from exercising plus I cheated over the weekend so I gained back some weight. Hope I don't backslide anymore otherwise I'll never make my goal. Guess this is more like a good example of how cheating will affect me.

More than likely it wont help that Dan and I will be broke the next few weeks. Between rent and catching up some bills plus paying for the cat's surgery we are really strapped for cash. But we've dealt with it for almost 4 years now so its really nothing new. It just decides to get to me when my emo phase begins.

Over the next few days I'll be posting some of the recipes I try from my new book that are all Phase 1. I was kind of upset to find that this SB book had no new Phase 1 dessert options. Guess I'm stuck with nasty ricotta creme.

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #11  

Hey Chellez, Have you tried the SBD peanut butter cup thing. I made some last night (I used a chocolate toffuti pop-sofened (or a SF fudgicle), a spoon of peanut butter, and a spoon of SF/FF cool whip). It was so yummy... :-) I felt like I was cheating. I think it is much better than the ricotta cream
Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We are going to have another beautiful sunny day,going to take advantage and walk along the beach.We getting excepted about our cruise its only 2 months as of today we leaving on 11/26. They say that you can carry small travel size liquids on board,but they must be in a zip loc bag,in your carry ons..I'm sure the rules will change by the time we're scheduled to go.

Schatzi-I been up a long time,but I didn't have a change top get on the computer until now. We had let the repair man in to do odds & ends around the out side of our town house.

Have to go someone just rang the door bell,Gee! this is like grandcentral station today.

Hugs BB
Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #13  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post
Hey Chellez, Have you tried the SBD peanut butter cup thing. I made some last night (I used a chocolate toffuti pop-sofened (or a SF fudgicle), a spoon of peanut butter, and a spoon of SF/FF cool whip). It was so yummy... :-) I felt like I was cheating. I think it is much better than the ricotta cream
I tried the peanut butter cookies and they are great... I just hate seeing all the stuff they put in there for phases 2 & 3 and there's not even one phase 1 dessert added. Oh well. I'll stick to the cookies for now only another 12 days.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #14  

Wow... today is interesting... I locked myself out of the room that has the copier, the Frig, and the coffee maker. Maybe this is a sign? Oh well... I just took the door off its hinges and now have a pile of copies, my lunch, and a cup of coffee (I am either resourceful... or have the makings of a crook)
Old 09-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #15  

The girls poop testing came back AOK... (I know Iknow TMI )
Barb, you always amaze me! How you can keep up with such a demanding job, exercize, making quality meals and scouts with your son! I just don't know how you do it all with such grace!

Shennigans!Welcome to the daily board darlin! I love your latest doings,, I fear if we lived closer, you and I would be banned from places!

Chellez:me too..love the peanut butter cookie recipe.. but just watch, they're high in calories

BB: you and Leo deserve every moment of love and excitment! I love cruising.. I think it's the best value for every dollar!

RMT: Good girl that you didnt turn to food to deal with your emotions.. I think alot of us fat chicks use food in one way or another.. and not in a healthy way.

Kim:
I know I wasnt offended at all by you expressing your hurt..Better you should come and write out your hurts and anger and dissappointments then stuff it with a Twinkie.

Flmom:
Welcome Back !!! You are truly blessed with your children!!! And you already know we have some of the most Deeelishious Recipes!

I'm making the salsa chicken tonight, with smashed cauliflower, and a tossed salad for DH and a Bean salad for me... so gotta go!
Closed Thread