South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat/Cackle/Cluck - Sept. 25

Day-o! Day-o! as Harry Belafonte would holler! There's a hint of gray in the east so it is coming. I suspect we are in for another rainy day, dammit! I will never get my kitchen floor clean again unless I get rid of my mud monsters! I need a trough of water for them to walk through before they come indoors!

Not much planned today although my painting class is this afternoon. This morning I'll do some laundry and sewing and rough out my next painting. My new method for painting is to just do it as I am inclined to get bogged down in detail. "If you want it exactly like it looks, just take a picture" says my wonderful art teacher.

The Girls are woofing at Ralph as he starts his darn truck so I need to let them out so they can really bark and wake the Village! Anybody want a coffee and one of those veggie quiche thingies? I've got lots.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #2  

Good morning girls! WE MADE IT THROUGH HIS FIRST WEEK AFTER SURGERY!!! We are trying to set up a routine so we aren't completely mixed up with days and nights since we will be in the house so much for the next few weeks and Jack sleeps so much with the meds. I continue to try and get my cleaning done, but yesterday I was exhausted. I had to go to the commissary to get groceries for a couple weeks and didn't have anyone to keep an eye on Jack so I had to take him with me. He has to ride in the back seat because we have a passenger side air bag, then I had to get him in a scooter, shop, get the stuff loaded, get him back in the car, bring it home, get him in and settled (the trip wiped him out) and then bring in all the groceries and put them away. By the time I was done with all that, there was no way I was going to do any cleaning. I ended up taking a nap while he did yesterday afternoon.

I have to call and set up his rehab appts today and his cardiology appt in 3 weeks. I am beginning to feel like a social secretary too with all these appts he is going to have to be on.

My birthday is this Thursday and when I talked to my son yesterday, I told him he was such a liar (regarding all the wonderful things he said in my birthday card) and he said "You get to hear that once a year on your birthday." I asked him about Mother's Day and he said he thought it would make my head big so maybe he can do a combo Mother's Day and birthday card inbetween both days with mushy sentiments one time! He's such a stinker. When Jack talked to him and said something about me he said I was the best mom in the world to take care of him and juggle everything. Hey, what else would I do, right??? I am beginning to think I could use a housekeeper and nurse for awhile, but it's just me so we will trudge along the best we can. (my company were pigs btw and boy was my house trashed when they left)

I am putting my dieting on hold for just a couple weeks until I can get Jack where he is eating meals. Right now I am not cooking dinner at night because Jack is having a lot of nausea with the medicine so he is eating mostly chicken noodle soup and oj. It is also tough to try and find time to cook juggling all the appts, meds, exercise, etc we have to do. I am however eating the very best I can given the circumstances so I don't fall backwards.

Other than that, we are peachy keen here! My grandson came over the other night and did his Boy Scout pledge for me. He was soooooo cute! We promised him another trip to Chuck E Cheese when his report card comes out if it is good (probably a done deal because he has straight A's right now his mom says) but it will have to wait until Jack is back at work because it costs us like $50 to go!

Have a good morning gals! I almost said Sunday until I realized it whizzed by yesterday! Talk about your days and nights mixed up, I am having trouble just figuring out which day it IS!

Faye
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 AM   #3  

What a Wake up call! Good Morning Ruth!!! Try painting without yer glasses on.. I bet it'll look like a Monet..
Gma: What absolutely Wonderful news!

DH is back to work today.. So I have major housecleaning on the docket, and some more research to do on a piece of land we're going to put in a bid for... It's 10 acres in a small community slated for about 15 houses.. Big scary decision! First, Cawfeeeeee! Then, somemore Cawfeeee, and then I'll get my butt in gear!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 AM   #4  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chickies - glad to see that Ruth, Faye and Schatzi are doing doing GREAT on this Monday morning!!!!

Faye - thanks for keeping us up to date on Jack - my thoughts and prayers are still with you both.

Ruth - have fun at painting class - I would love to paint - but I can't even draw a straight line w/o a ruler.

Schatzi - what a big decision on the acres - I am sure that you and your dh will make the right one - will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Me - well down another .6lbs since yesterday!!!!!! I was so happy!!!!! Doing pretty good - having a major sweet attack - spent so much time searching for somthing to make yesterday that I didn't make anything at all - I wanted somthing warm, gooey and chocolatey - but nothing sounded good enough.

Didn't make the zuch bread - didn't have enough time and forgot to get the applesacue so I will try it this week somtime!!!!

Well I must get back to work - hope you all have a sunny day on the beach!!!!!

Rosalind
Old 09-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday Morning to you all!

The sun is shining and I've done my thing at Curves, so I'm feeling revved! We had a full house yesterday with the kids and grandkids here, and I made a delicious ham dinner that we all really enjoyed. We finally got the pool winterized and closed, and put the air conditioners in storage with our DS's help. So it was a productive but fun day. This morning I have to run the vacuum and pay some bills, and after school this afternoon I'm taking the girls to the orchard for apple picking. That's been an annual event for us, and we pack a picnic lunch to take along. The girls love it, so they'll be excited when I pick them up.
Just leftover ham for supper tonight, but I'm making some ratatoulle, too. I fell in love with that recipe, yumm!

Ruth, your painting class sounds like fun. What are you working on right now?

Faye, good to hear from you. Sounds like you are one busy woman these days, but I'm glad you have things under control. Jack sure is lucky to have you taking such good care of him. With such TLC, he'll be back on his feet in no time.

Schatzi, that sounds pretty exciting, researching your prospective property and building your dream home. I hope everything works out great for you. We had our house built 22 years ago, but I can still remember how much fun it was selecting all the details and picking colors, etc. How I envy you!

RMT, congratulations on your weight loss! I often crave something gooey and and chocolatey, so I like to keep the Black Bean Brownies on hand, and just pop one in the microwave and top it with a little FF Cool Whip. It helps satify the craving for me.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  

Good morning, ladies! I'm working from home today. Brian has a school holiday and this way I can supervise him with his science project when I have some spare time from work.

Even though TOM came to visit yesterday, my weight is still at 144 so I hope to make my goal this month. I think all this walking while selling popcorn is helping. I think I walked for 6 hours on Saturday (only 2 yesterday).

I've never tried those black bean brownies. I'll have to give them a try sometime. I fixed a dessert from the cookbook last night. phyllo dough cups with yogurt, strawberries and a drizzle of bittersweet chocolate. I had the dough leftover from making the chicken pot pie recipe.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Over the weekend winds have died down,and it quite on the western front. Leo & I are going down to the beach to get our walking done.

Have to go out and buy my grandkids their Birthday cards. We already sent my DD a check to buy the toys they want. As were not going down to celebrate their birthdays this year.Halloween is another matter that I shop for in two weeks.

Well as of yesterday I down another pound,so that makes 2 for Sept Goal 2 more to go.

Ruth- That some wake up call.Sorry about the rainy weather your having. Hopefully it be gone soon. Have fun with your painting. I tried it once[water painting] and it didn't work out.Gave up right away.They say that oil painting is easier but I didn't want to start again.

Faye-.Happy to hear Jack is doing fine after the surgury.Hope he heals fast. I have a son that a jokster.The cards that I get from him make me laugh as I know he doesn't mean it.

Schatzi- Drink your caw fee and hopefully you worry your pretty head of this decision. It does sound scary,but verything will fall in place.

RCM-Doing the Happy Dance for your .6 lb weight loss.

Cottage-Nothing Like having family over. Espeically the grandchildren. You had a super Sunday,I envy you as I only saw my grandchildren twice this year.

Barb- Happy to hear you met your goal.Exercising always helps. Keep up the good work.

Hugs BB
Old 09-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Well, Good Morning Ladies!!!

It sure is Mondaaaayyyyy...but life goes on. Sitting at my desk and chugging coffee , waiting for the boss to get in.

I had a wonderful weekend with DH. It makes him leaving for a few days so much harder! At least this time he's in a cabin. Two weeks ago, they were sleeping under the stars in the middle of the desert...nearest phone service was 3 hours away. I HATE that. Oh well, it's only once a year.

I'm feeling great this morning. Jumped on the treadmill for 25 minutes and did pilates for 15. Got my workout out of the way, so now I don't have to fret about whether I'll do it or not.

Super boring day at work planned. All caught up and nothing new coming. Tomorrow we start doing inspections, so I'll be walking for about 6 hours a day. Two weeks on and one week off!!! What a lot of walking for me! Whew!

Babysitting nephew tonight and I can't wait. He's very cute at three. I really wonder about his development, though. Is it normal for a three-year-old to not be able to form a sentence? He's nowhere close and all his little buddies (most are younger) can hold an intelligent conversation with me. Alright, I'm really worried, but what can I do?

Ruth: Your class sounds SO fun!! Maybe one day I'll be able to take a painting class like that. I might not be great, but I think I'd do decently.

Gma: I wouldn't worry about falling backward too much. What you are doing to care for Jack is what is important right now...I'm sure you'll be able to pick back up where you left off and do wonderfully!!

Schatzi: Save some for us, it's going to be a loooooooooooong day!!

RMT: Hooray for your accomplishment!!! And where did you find a scale that tells you the decimals? I would really like to get one!

Cottage: What a wonderful day you have planned!! I wish I could leave the desk behind and join you!! I bet the girls are a giggling mess when you go picking apples. How fun for you!!

Barb: Hey, can we switch for the day? I'll work from home and help with the science project and you can come cruise the internet and answer the phone all day!!

Beachbum: You know, I get so wistful hearing you talk about walking on the beach. DH and I moved to the West Texas desert from Corpus Christi in January and I miss it so much. I miss the smell of the ocean and that sea mist when it's windy. I hope you enjoy your walk today!!

Well, ladies, I best get busy on all that work I've got to do I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful Monday. ~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 09-25-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #9  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Kim:

My dh and I went on SB last november (the dr. made him) and I did it to be supportive - well we got ours at WalMart for like $20 or $30 - it is really nice - it remembers 2 peoples weight - if you gain it tells you how much if you loose it tells you how much - I LOVE IT WHEN IT SAYS - ANYTHING

Hope you have a good day
Old 09-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #10  

RMT: Thanks for the info! Now, DH and I just need to plan a trip to Wal-Mart! (Isn't that sad?) Man, I miss the days when the Wal-Mart was only 35 minutes away!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #11  

Hey ladies!

A quick post, but my goal is to get back to posting daily, even if it is a quickie. My ticker is SO lying per my weight this morning. I still use Thursday has my official weigh in day, so I will change it if necessary on Thursday. No time to reply individually, gotta jet!!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Good morning ladies -

So the weekend was fun, had a party Friday night, showed some houses Saturday, watched the UT game and then had an open house yesterday then went to the park with the pups -

My eating though was I'm to the point where I get nervous about the weekends coming up because I feel like I'm going to blow it - and then it ends up happening - it's like my resolve hops out the window!

So it's a new plan, a new week -
1) Starting phase 1 again today, heading to the beach next weekend with my boyfriend's family - already emailed his mom and told him that not only am I not doing carbs, but no meat either (as I've been doing the vegetarian thing)
2) The weekends need a plan, even if I decide to let myself have 2000 cals instead of my 12-1400 it HAS to be controlled - My trainer and others say you should par down during the week and then let up on the weekends - even if this is the case I need to be doing a controlled 2000 (as Saturday I guessed at about 3000, including 4 pieces of pizza!!!!!!)

I can do this, I DO have control over my eating - Exercise is back up there though so atleast I can be proud of that!?

Ruth - I totally understand about the mud monster! I can't afford to change the flooring in my room yet, so my carpet is TRASHED!

Faye - Hang in there, I am so glad that Jack is doing better and I am amazed that you are able to keep your spirits up the way you are! You are a great woman.

RMT - Congrats on the loss! I totally understand how good even part of a pound can feel!

Cottage - It DOES sound like you have a lovely afternoon planned! Ratatouille - I keep running across that recipe but have yet to make it -

Barb - you are doing awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys will sell the most popcorn!

Beach bum - Walk on the beach sounds NICE- we are headed to the beach next weekend and I am Stoked!

Kim - I'm sure it is hard having him leave like that!
I love the morning workouts as well, me and my room mate having been going together Monday and Wednesday mornings and as hard as it is I keep telling her it's SO nice to get off work and be DONE
I babysat for a kiddo who sounds similar to your nephew and he ended up having speach therapy which fixed the problem

Kiko - yep keep checking in even if you can't respond to people, I know it helps me to have a daily check in
Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #13  

Good afternoon girls! Jack is sound asleep in the recliner (his bed for the next month, poor thing) and I have my cleaning done for today, his walks in for today and not time for dinner prep yet so I can post some replies, finally.

Sarah: Weekends are probably the crappiest for most of us. You can stay focused with work or school or projects or whatever during the week, but the down time on the weekend allows us to overthink about food. Doesn't help that we plan all our fun things to do around food and we are still a country where every fun thing revolves around food; parties, ballgames, amusement parks, movies, etc. I mean think of the last few things you did for entertainment and was food present at most or all of them? This is a particularly hard nut to crack I think, but there are ways. Thanks for the encouragement. I am so over being down. My sweety sat in the chair this morning and said to me, "I have to tell you something. When they let me kiss you goodbye and were taking me to the operating room, I was sure that was the last time I would ever see you again. I was scared I would die and never see you again and didn't want you to know." (he is sitting there sobbing while he said it) I told him that even though he had been fibbing to me for 2 weeks that he wasn't scared or nervous that I knew him better than he knew himself and I knew this was really his fear. I also told him that I walked away from his bed sobbing too, so much so that a nurse walked up to me and walked me to the waiting room thinking I wasn't ok. Now, it is all gravy. It is a ton of work, having to wait on him and having to do all the things he normally does for me, but it is a joy to do them all because he is alive and getting better everyday. You can't beat that for anything!

Kiko: Nice to just see you today!

Kim: Don't fret too much over the little guy. Some kids are slower than others to pick up speech. My son was unintelligable except to me until he was like 5 then when he hit school was in the gifted program the whole time. Just stimulate his mind reading to him or playing games which make him use his motor skills. When you read to him, ask him questions, like "Do you think Elmo is pink or red?" In other words, ask him stuff that requires him to answer you. This helps a lot.

Beach: My son is an absolute angel. Here is what he wrote in my card that I was kidding him about. "Mom, You are so beautiful and kind. I know now that many of the qualitites I have looked for in people I first saw in you. I couldn't have asked for a better mother and I cherish the time we are able to spend together. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Your loving son, Jay." God bless him, he was just what I needed!

Barb: Beat those streets looking for those in need of popcorn! I remember the days of the popcorn and cookies and such. I did a dumb thing when my dd was in brownies. I sent the order form to my husband on his ship while he was out to see. They were thrilled and she had like $500 in cookie orders. Only problem was, I forgot to add in postage with each cookie order and it cost me nearly a $100 to ship the cookies to them!

Cottage: have fun with the girls apple picking. I know it has to be a great outing for you and them.

RMT: WOOOOHOOO, good for you! Now that is some good news! Keep up the good work!

Schatzi: I would be saying, "Hey, where did the canvas disappear to???" I would have something that looked more like some of the crazy Salvadore Dali's clock and watch paintings!

Everyone have a great afternoon! Talk to you soon.

Faye
Old 09-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #14  

Ugh! I just don't understand my mother-in-law. I know everyone complains about their mother-in-law, but things have just gotten horrible. We used to have a good relationship, but that ended about a year ago. We're civil in social situations. But now, she's stopped all contact with DH. I know he'll never admit it, but it really hurts him. To top things off, she changed all her phone numbers and he's the only person she didn't give the numbers to. What that's doing to him, I can't imagine. I know I can't fix it and I really don't want to get involved. She always wears me down to a blubbering idiot. I just wish I could comfort him in some way. He doesn't even know if she's doing alright. I hate this and I hurt so much for him.

Oh well, no crying at work!
Closed Thread