Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5' 8

Default Hello Everyone....Newbie from Georgia

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for quite awhile and finally made the "BIG" jump and decided to post. I'm a 34 yr old SAHM with 2 kids ages 12 and 3, married for 7 years and in need of alot of support. I currently weigh 154 lbs and need to lose about 20lbs. It seems like I have always been on a diet or thinking about one. I have never been overweight to most people's standards but have never been satisfied with my body. I want to finally bite the bullet and do what is necessary to finally be happy with myself.

If anyone needs a buddy or can offer some support it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Missy
MissyInGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/161/140

Height: 5'7"

I too have just joined today. I am 34 yr old with 2 kids age 7 and 2, married 11 years. I currently weigh 161 and want to lose about 20lbs. I have started the "fat smash" diet today. I think buddies and people to encourage you and create some positive energy are very important when starting any weight loss plan. Good luck to you and keep in touch!
Carolyne
chuttonblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5' 8

Hi Carolyne,

It sounds like we have alot in common ( eg. kids,weight, goals). I could definitely use some positive energy . I'm not familiar with the "fat smash diet", could you tell me the basic principles? I need to find a plan to stick to. Basically, I try to eat lower calorie foods and more whole grains and protein and exercise . I have the Body for life book and have tried it several times but never really stuck to it. I need alot of motivation that's why I thought the support from this board would help me. Good luck to you also!

Missy
MissyInGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #4  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Thumbs up

Hi ladies! I just signed up on Friday. It seems like it's a really great community. I wish you both the best of luck.

My first weigh-in (I've been on my "diet" for a week now) is tomorrow morning, so wish me luck on that!
Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote