Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Support Board for Week of September 24-30, 2006

Another week gone! Here's our new weekly thread to kick off the new week.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  

I had already made a menu thread last night so I merged them. I'm never quite sure which one is going to be the "keeper" and which is going to be added, so I just go for it. This time, mine ended up being the one that stayed with yours merged into it. Make sense?

No, no credit cards here. I hate debt very much. We HAD some and saw that things could have gotten out of control, so we cut them up, cancelled them all, and got a loan to pay them off. We pay on that and it'll be done in about a year. I won't be getting another, that's for sure, unless I have to get one for the dental work if it comes to that. The reason I don't think it's anything to worry about is that it comes and goes. The pain wasn't there when I woke up, and came back after about an hour. Then it'll go away for a few months, and come back. My glands feel swollen on that side.

I'm glad you had a good time yesterday. How far away do they live? And poor Cassie! I know when ours have to fast, they are NOT happy about it. Since we have three of them, we have to sequester the fasting one until the others have eaten. I hope she does well tomorrow and that everything's okay.

I'm staying in bed watching TLC today. I might not even get dressed at all, who knows? And tonight is the Desperate Housewives premiere, so I'll be parked in front of the TV.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Oh, Kathy...I'd love to be staying in bed...what a luxury. My body was so sore from yesterday's grocery shopping, cooking, sitting in uncomfortable dining room chairs at the party, that I had to MOVE today. So, I took a mile walk and then did the WW high intensity DVD. I feel better after that.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. The party last night was fun, with the exception of an honest-to-goodness actor who was one of the attendees. He was very funny at first, but became tiresome in his hogging the stage...he forgot to leave it to the birthday girls to get all of the attention!

We're going out to a local cafe and jazz bar for a late lunch and music. Then, we head off to our next set of ballroom dancing lessons....from beginners to intermediate. We haven't been practicing though. There is just about NO space in my house to do much ballroom dancing. One COULD do the twist here since you just stand in one spot!

It's hard to explain to the rest of the world how really, really small houses are in downtown Toronto. When I was a teenager in Texas I had my own bedroom that was bigger than my living room and dining room combined here!

I hope that those who are feeling funky get well soon and that everyone has a lovely OP evening. I'll try

Rhonda
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi there,

Kathy - sure hope you have taken something for the pain and that you are feeling better and relaxing at home! Poor you!

Vickie - so how cute were the baby raspberries??? Hope all goes well w/Cassie tomorrow.

Rhonda - just say move over 'actor' - it's the birthday girls time to shine! And I do know how small those homes are in Toronto - no ballroom dancing practice I"m sure.

So Sandra - what did you win on ebay? (inquiring minds want to know!).

I am still pretty sick but did drag myself out of bed - showered and dragged 2 kids w/me to synagogue. Big ds not feeling well - he is still in bed. Little ds didn't want to go - but I made him - yes I'm so mean - and dd went for 'social hour' w/her friends.

Lasted about 1.5 hours then headed home - and got some groceries on the way back - I am still sniffling, and coughing and sneezing - I'll probably be all better tomorrow just in time to go back to work!!!

I may trek out to the library for a bit to get some more books - maybe pick up a coffee then home to relax - I am so exhausted - both emotionally and physically - not much respite here. A bit of the 'religious' wars this morning as I headed out (dh is anti-religious and always harasses me when he deems me to be 'religious'). I finally told him it's been 10 years now - we all know how he feels - my behaviour is not changing so it's time to drop it! Well that was fun!

Time for more meds!

Frouf
Old 09-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #6  
Melissa

Hi girls!! I just read through about 10 pages of chatting...boy am I ever behind. There's no possible way that I can respond to all of you.
Oh and I did notice that you all found my phone number but no one volunteered to call me! You all chickened out didn't you? That's my cell number posted on the website.

Frouf, I hope that you are completely well very soon.
Kathy, enjoy your day relaxing!
Vickie, I hope that everything goes well with Cassie. Thanks for worrying about me.
Angela, Kathy, and Vickie, I'm jealous too!
Sandra, podner!! Another victory!!

And to everyone else, a big hello!!!

Very busy this past week with work, school, PC and getting ready for our company. They just left about an hour ago and it was wonderful to have them here. But now I'm very tired. We're going to run some errands and pick up some chipotle for dinner. I've eaten terribly this weekend. Tomorrow's another day, right? I bought a bunch of progresso soup (buy 5 get 5 free) so I'm thinking I'll just eat that for lunch everyday with a salad or something. It's a no brainer that's low in calories. We'll see how long that lasts.
I've missed you all!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #7  

Vickie, yes I got your pm about the hotel. It looks really nice. I'm just working on logistics... if we do dinner on Friday, I'm not sure we can make it on time. Probably the earliest we could leave here would be 3pm, which would put us there no earlier than 7:30 pm. Hmm. We're not big into "nightlife" so we don't generally eat/go out at all that late, but I would welcome any suggestions. I'm flexible.

Vickie, it's funny that it's raining a bunch there, because it really isn't here.

I also have a busy week coming up. I have to teach preschool, go help my 8 month pregnant sister pack up and get ready to move, go to a big birthday party, and have several different sets of houseguests. So why am I sitting here on the computer instead of cleaning up my house and planning the preschool lessons? Because I'm overwhelmed!

Also, the English major proofreader in me just can't help but point out that, according to the thread title, it is now the year 2066.

Okay, I'm off now.
Angela
Old 09-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Tee Hee, Angela! Jim would go nuts...he's an English Major too. I'm just always in too much of hurry. We couldn't wait that late to eat either. We'll figure something out. Maybe breakfast/lunch on Saturday. I'm trying to talk my Sister into having her party on the 14th instead of the 21st. So far...so good. She has to check with her kids first.

I hopped on here to tell you all that Cindy is coming home today! She has no hair but she sounds great. I gotta go finish dinner.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  

Angela, you go girl! I'll go fix the title.

I'm up for whatever you all want to do (I think). I'm pretty flexible and as long as Shaun is back on base by 8, all is good. I'm going to try and stay as close to there as possible, depending on hotel availability. I'll start calling as soon as I find something out.

Melissa, I searched high and low for your phone number and never found it! I forgot about the PS website. Believe me, if we hadn't heard from you by now, someone would have called.

Great news about Cindy! I know she's ready to get home, bless her heart!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #10  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Hi there~
I'm not new to WW, but new to core...was hoping I could post here with you for support, ideas, motivation and just plain ol' friendship. I'm still learning the "core way" so please feel free to add any comments that you see fit, esp. regarding my journal.
Alittle about me: I'm a 32 yr old mother of one, married for 13 yrs and live in MI. I work in the medical field. Joined WW in March of this year and have lost 21lbs. My high weight ever was hit last summer at 235, so as you can see I dropped some before joining WW.
Do you post what you've eaten for the day, what recipes you'd like to share, etc??
Old 09-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #11  

Hi there and welcome! We're glad to have you!

We usually make a menu thread every day and it helps (at least for me) with ideas. I tend to eat the same things over and over. We also have a big recipe section above that has a whole lot of good ones.

Again, welcome! And congratulations on your loss so far!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #12  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Thank you!
I was reading some of the menu's...What is core apple cake?? Now my interest is peaked
Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #13  

There should be a recipe for it somewhere -- let me go look.

Be right back.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #14  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...3&postcount=93

The recipe is up in the recipe section under desserts. If you haven't taken a look at them, you really should. Of course, don't read them while you're hungry! You'll be sorry!!!

There are some very, very good recipes in there -- all Core! Well, okay, I take that back. There might be one or two that aren't, but it'll say so.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

i am very very far behind but will go read the posts on this thread in a minute. i just wanted to tell ya'll that we didn't go to the movies afterall. we toured a new indoor water park instead and went out to eat at johnny carrino's country italian restaurant. i decided to just order what i wanted. i got meatballs/spaghetti, caesar salad, and ate my share of bread/oil. i surprised myself by only eating about 1/3 of my spaghetti/meatballs. i also ate 1/2 a cannolli. i'm using all 35 wpa's on this meal. i am feeling pretty positive about how i did. i remember days of eating much much more.

vickie, i didn't get the 99 cent dress afterall, but i did get several blouses and 1 dress. life is good.
Closed Thread